∞HBO: "True Detective: Night Country" (Late 2023)...Season 4 Set in Alaska…Starring Jodie Foster…Barry Jenkins Producing∞

How would you grade Season II of "True Detective" ?

• A

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • B

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • C

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • D

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • F

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters
pimp.gif
 had a crush on girl since i saw her on suits 

what evidence do you guys have to justify claim of zest?

i know he couldn't stand at attention when he had latina flames bent over ready to go but i threw it up to PTSD, hence the speeding on a bike blind.
When he went back to his LA apartment, when he was outside on the balcony..he was checking out the gay couples and that male pros. that hopped out the car for a good while.

and he had the random story about some gay dude hitting on him and wanting to beat dude up :lol:

Idk, I thought it was just the PTSD too...but the balcony shot kinda clicked for me

Seems like his character is in the closet and his "dislike" for gay men is really him trying to hide his own attraction to men.

what evidence do you guys have to justify claim of zest?

i know he couldn't stand at attention when he had latina flames bent over ready to go but i threw it up to PTSD, hence the speeding on a bike blind.
When he went back to his LA apartment, when he was outside on the balcony..he was checking out the gay couples and that male pros. that hopped out the car for a good while.

and he had the random story about some gay dude hitting on him and wanting to beat dude up :lol:

Idk, I thought it was just the PTSD too...but the balcony shot kinda clicked for me

interesting...i did think that story of him getting hit on and wanting to beat the guy up was really random. didn't think anything of it tho. ill keep my eyes open for more clues.

So wait, this guy was the one who supposedly attacked Ray's wife?  According to Frank at the time anyway...

19320716985_7e065d1811_c.jpg

But the kid turns out to be a red-head... and while I don't remember my genetics-101, I'm guessing this guy can't be the father either?  

Meaning Frank lied to him back then?

S2 kind of sucks compared to S1. I don't think Fukunaga gets enough credit for S1.

S2 kind of sucks compared to S1. I don't think Fukunaga gets enough credit for S1.

Don't compare it.

Different story, characters, setting, time, etc.

You will enjoy the show a lot more if you don't try to compare it to S1.

It's only been 2 episodes

It's been TWO episodes.

True Detective has always been about the slow build and the entire story as a whole rather than the individual constituents.

Be patient. I for one and digging this season so far.

Episode 2 really brought this season into its own IMO

I went from wait and see to "I need to be in front of my tv at 9pm next Sunday"

I just hope CF isn't dead I love his character

We live in a narcissistic society where people want what they want & they want it now. Instant gratification. A bunch of Veruca Salts. :smh:

View media item 1608178
One of the things I love about this show which includes this season so far is the slow burn. There's a tense energy we the viewers who enjoy the show get as the story progresses.

If you don't like it, you don't like it... :rolleyes

Last edited:
Not only do they want it now, they want to tell other people their disappointment if it doesn't meet their "standards"

It's been TWO episodes.
Exactly.  We shouldn't be comparing seasons, let alone comparing it after only 2 episodes. 

agreed. also season 2 is on a 4 person dynamic. so eps 1 barely moved the plot a long, as it was entirely simply to establish the plot, character development, and how they all cross paths with the crime backdrop. eps 1 did A LOT of work, so yea its harder to process than a 2 detective dynamic.

the only thing you can expect from season 2, is like season 1, it takes all 8 eps for everything to come full circle. its a slow and steady show, and an intricate story that can't be appreciated in just 2 eps.

so don't compare to season 1, i kno its tempting, but also let season 2 breath. its only 8 eps, which isn't long at all. (although more happens in 1 eps of TD than in 3 eps in game of thrones :lol:)

True Detective is one of those shows where I NEED to watch episodes multiple times. Subtitles on and everything.

There's so much that goes missed because the director's/producers aren't bringing those details to attention through the filming or music etc. 

I've watched both episodes three times each...so damn dense.
Yep. And the thing is, I don't mind watching these episodes multiple times. Because they are so dense with content that it seems like I'm watching a new episode every time because I'm paying attention to different details. 

My routine is watch it Sunday night. Let it process and read some articles and this thread for discussion purposes. Then go back and watch it a second time. 

Rewatching the last scene in episode 2 right now after @JJs07  posted that theory a page or two back. 

that theory makes no sense to me, I bet episode 3 starts with Colin getting up and realizing he was just sent a warning shot

Last edited:
that theory makes no sense to me, I bet episode 3 starts with Colin getting up and realizing he was just sent a warning shot

Bruh, if they play it off as Colin was high or on drugs or some **** and it was all a hallucination or dream :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom