♠♥♣♦ Texas Hold 'Em ♠♥♣♦

deposited $100 in my account couple hours ago, got $237 right now!
pimp.gif

I'm new to this game. IIght what do I do when I have a pair of aces for example, or a great hand which I am confident is better than everybody elses afterthe flop lets say. How do I go about getting lots of money in the pot from the others? Do I raise only small amounts till after the river where I raise big?Advice is appreciated.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Ok, how about a tourney this coming Thursday at 8pm EST on Pokerstars? What should the buy-in be and how many people are interested? I think we should keep the buy-in modest to attract as many NTers as possible. Hopefully we can get atleast 2 full tables. I say no more than a $20 buy in (I already feel bad about all the money I'm gonna win off you guys).
Im down.

How easy is it to deposit money on pokerstars ?

Originally Posted by Rocky437

I'm new to this game. IIght what do I do when I have a pair of aces for example, or a great hand which I am confident is better than everybody elses after the flop lets say. How do I go about getting lots of money in the pot from the others? Do I raise only small amounts till after the river where I raise big? Advice is appreciated.
It depends how many people see the flop. 3 or more I'd raise enough for them to boot there cards so they dont catch nothing. If like 2 or lesssee the flop I'd check and let them bet if they dont bet then I'd bet on the turn. Same on the river. You gotta make your read though.

Originally Posted by MnMballa2323

pimp.gif

BALLLLLLLLLIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNN'

laugh.gif
I hope you're not serious.
Oohhhhhkayyyyy tough guy, so what ur playin $100/$200 blinds? yes, i am serious lowlife.

For newcomers trying to trap with aces is hard to do. Most of the time you'll get outdrawn or not notice that you are beat. I've only laid down acesonce in my poker days and that was because I KNEW I was beat.
frown.gif

November Nine coming soon.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

laugh.gif
Oohhhhhkayyyyy tough guy, so what ur playin $100/$200 blinds? yes, i am serious lowlife.
$4000/$8000 at the Bellagio.
laugh.gif

To the guy with the pocket aces, always play your aces hard and fast at low stakes. Low stakes players are willing to call everything so you have to punishthem for playing poor hands against the best possible hand (pocket aces).

I've folded AA a few times in my life, especially when their is a possible straight or flush on the board or the board paired. Pocket Kings is mykryptonite, I play that hand very strong but it always leads to me going busto. Pocket Queens and below are easy for me to play, much less likely you'll gobroke with those type of hands.

It doesn't seem like many people are interested in playing a tourny. I haven't played poker AT ALL since January so I'm unwilling to deposit moneyon pokerstars unless a lot of people commit or someone else sets this thing up. I know some pokerheads like mossyman and pookiemon would probably sign up, itsjust a matter of reaching a consensus on which time is best for everyone.

Originally Posted by T i c a l

Originally Posted by VirgilMalloy

Seriously, did you even read the thread before you posted that? I posted like 10+ pages of strategy.

I don't give a +%@@, I've been playing long enough to have my own strategy. I don't need someone else telling me how to play. You shouldn't assume everyone wants your advice buddy.

- Tical.

with that kind of mindset you must be a losing player

pimp.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

To the guy with the pocket aces, always play your aces hard and fast at low stakes. Low stakes players are willing to call everything so you have to punish them for playing poor hands against the best possible hand (pocket aces).

I've folded AA a few times in my life, especially when their is a possible straight or flush on the board or the board paired. Pocket Kings is my kryptonite, I play that hand very strong but it always leads to me going busto. Pocket Queens and below are easy for me to play, much less likely you'll go broke with those type of hands.

It doesn't seem like many people are interested in playing a tourny. I haven't played poker AT ALL since January so I'm unwilling to deposit money on pokerstars unless a lot of people commit or someone else sets this thing up. I know some pokerheads like mossyman and pookiemon would probably sign up, its just a matter of reaching a consensus on which time is best for everyone.
woww ur really tough...4K,8K blinds...rightttttt.....so those 100k hands are nothing to u right?

pimp.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

To the guy with the pocket aces, always play your aces hard and fast at low stakes. Low stakes players are willing to call everything so you have to punish them for playing poor hands against the best possible hand (pocket aces).

I've folded AA a few times in my life, especially when their is a possible straight or flush on the board or the board paired. Pocket Kings is my kryptonite, I play that hand very strong but it always leads to me going busto. Pocket Queens and below are easy for me to play, much less likely you'll go broke with those type of hands.

It doesn't seem like many people are interested in playing a tourny. I haven't played poker AT ALL since January so I'm unwilling to deposit money on pokerstars unless a lot of people commit or someone else sets this thing up. I know some pokerheads like mossyman and pookiemon would probably sign up, its just a matter of reaching a consensus on which time is best for everyone.
yea dude i was low stack, i got the ACES and i pushed all in pre flops..dude with K3 called me..
sick.gif
sick.gif

i hate playing with pocket jacks
sick.gif
sick.gif

i'll be at the bellagio this december. tell me what shoes youre wearing so i can spot you out. i enjoy watching high stakes poker. the pots get frickinhuge.

EDIT:

with that kind of mindset you must be a losing player
how is that a losing mindset. if his strategy works, it works.

Lets get a list going for a possible pokerstars tourney, then will figure out a date and time if there are enough people.

1.lalakerfan

Originally Posted by T i c a l

Originally Posted by VirgilMalloy

Seriously, did you even read the thread before you posted that? I posted like 10+ pages of strategy.

I don't give a +%@@, I've been playing long enough to have my own strategy. I don't need someone else telling me how to play. You shouldn't assume everyone wants your advice buddy.

- Tical.

hu4rollz, imo.

VirgilMalloy..

how did you start on ur quest to become a professional poker player. i feel like im a decent player who has won plenty of tournys, and wanna give it a trylater on in life? any info is appreciated

thanks

I love poker and feel really captivated by it right now...ive put 10-16hr 'shifts' in at the poker table...its insane how much better ive gotton sincei started studying the game back in March. I used to play for laughs when I was 18 but now I'm much more serious. My hand reading is really coming intoshape and I feel like if I can continue to study and evaluate my play I can start moving up in stakes.

I feel more comfortable in cash games but I'm working on my tournament play...virgil do you coach?

Mark me down for a tourney on stars as well...

^ To the guy asking advice about how to play aces and strong hands, carlos Tevez is right play your hands strong and fast. At smaller stakes people call withanything and everything so make them pay for it. Playing aces in a multi pot isn't a good idea, chances are you will get beat or sucked out as acesaren't that great with lots of players in. Narrow it down to HU. Oh, one more thing. For any player that is serious about poker, bank roll management iskey. Play within your bankroll and I guarantee if you are even just a solid player you will win in the long run. Of course us being gamblers and being prone togoing on monkey tilt I don't blame you for taking shots at the big game as I am guilty of doing this before.

wooooooooooooooo

i just won a 54 man 50 FTP sattellite
to the 2500FTP sattellite !
To the 750K sunday guaranete

all i need is to make top 108 in the 2500FTP tourney to win a seat

Back
Top Bottom