♔ ~~~~| Celebrites Rockin Heat (fly gear/Fly kicks) VOL. 3 | ~~~~ ♔

Status
Not open for further replies.
is that surprising? unless you're kanye, jay z, or drake...you ain't sellin out an arena
laugh.gif
Or Nicki Minaj, Wayne.

Thats about it. There was one Meek video blog of him at a concert and the camera panned to the crowd and it was about 50% full only.
laugh.gif

Can somebody point me in the direction of Gucci's jacket. I can't find it anywhere.

Last edited:
they dont care they gettin atleast 20 to 50 grand a show depending on where they are so what does it matter
they sell out **** in other countries too so
I could've sworn arena shows are a split on ticket sales. Clubs and small venues are their bread and butter.

they dont care they gettin atleast 20 to 50 grand a show depending on where they are so what does it matter
they sell out **** in other countries too so

They're getting money now, which is cool, but if you can't sell a show today, your live money will be effected tomorrow. Dates start getting cancelled. People stop booking.

I been saying this in the music forum. Some artists can sell singles, but not albums. And certainly not tickets.

It's one thing for people to like your song. It's another for people to care about you enough as an artist for people to buy your album or a concert ticket.

And none of the MMG dudes are there yet.

Think about it. LMFAO have had massive records. Like, 5 Milloon downloads massive. Is anyone buying that album or going to see them anywhere but a nightclub?

You also have to consider that only a moderate percentage of an artist's fee for doing a show goes into the artist's pocket(s).

Bottom line is that whenever your main audience demographic is high school to college age kids, it's going to be hard for you to sell out large venues. You are catering to an audience that is relatively broke and super tech savvy.

In a world of free music, your core fansbase doesn't have enough disposable income to find it worthy to drop decent doe for the live music experience.

...Especially when it comes to rap. Most rappers are horrible live performers, and today's DJs don't even scratch. So, what the hell would anybody go to large venue MMG concert for?

idk, i kinda like the shirt. reminds me of the old school versace joints. the fit is all off tho. them sleeves got him looking like a conquistador.
The shirt is dope, it just doesnt fit. Red shoes gotta go too, the shirt is loud enough.

You also have to consider that only a moderate percentage of an artist's fee for doing a show goes into the artist's pocket(s).
Bottom line is that whenever your main audience demographic is high school to college age kids, it's going to be hard for you to sell out large venues. You are catering to an audience that is relatively broke and super tech savvy.
In a world of free music, your core fansbase doesn't have enough disposable income to find it worthy to drop decent doe for the live music experience.
...Especially when it comes to rap. Most rappers are horrible live performers, and today's DJs don't even scratch. So, what the hell would anybody go to large venue MMG concert for?
Wale sticks to small venues, he performed at my school (Hunter College, NYC) for I heard about $50,000. Our auditorium isnt that big at all, id say about 400-500 people.

I don't think Wale is getting 50k. I could be wrong. I'd guess you can get Ross for close to that.

But taking your example.....

I'm not that familiar with how events operate. But how can you pay someone 50k for a venue that only holds 4-500 people?

At $100 a ticket, you're not even covering the performers fee. And who would pay anything near $100 for that show?

Then you'd be counting on the bar or sponsors to pay your production costs.....and turn a profit?

Last edited:
I don't think Wale is getting 50k. I could be wrong. I'd guess you can get Ross for close to that.
But taking your example.....
I'm not that familiar with how events operate. But how can you pay someone 50k for a venue that only holds 4-500 people?
At $100 a ticket, you're not even covering the performers fee. And who would pay anything near $100 for that show?
Then you'd be counting on the bar or sponsors to pay your production costs.....and turn a profit?

Wale makes 30k a show he was in my city earlier this year know the promoters so I ask these questions

Ross gets from 60k-75k

Wiz, Currensy, & Mac Miller are the guys who got the memo lets charge less then 50k for a big out side show or amphitheater and do 40+ dates

instead of charging top $ and only doing a 15 city run

Man Philly is so small everybody almost knows everybody so it is not hard to find out what kinda bread meek is getting a show he is always in philly and i heard from a couple different people that meek gets no less than 30k and around the northeast and some of the south east states he sells out alot of venues and if you watch his concert vids you can see that everybody in the crowd knows most of meeks songs word for word and like i said he still tours overseas

and also how else would he be able to go kod every week to throw 10 to 30k at strippers and fly g4s every where i know dat gas aint cheap lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom