♔ ~~~~| Celebrites Rockin Heat (fly gear/Fly kicks) VOL. 3 | ~~~~ ♔

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by ksteezy

Nobody is touching this man when it comes to fashion, yeah he has his misses, but for the most part, Ye' stays fly.

It's this kind of outlandish, over the top slurping, while also rife with contradictions, that tends to derail this thread for the worst.

Grown men talk about other grown men like this? Y'all can have that.

Cool to see Striver's Row getting shine. Their product looks great.

While the sheep slurp Kanye, I still say TI is one of the better dressed celebs out there. Far less misses.

Originally Posted by NickEPockets

How is Strivers Row anything other than a wannabe PRPS?
I believe the founders of both strivers row and prps are making a collaborative effort. Saw it in an interview.

Originally Posted by ace10552

Originally Posted by thecatinthehat88

Had to add a few Kanye pics...you can double click on the images if you want to see them bigger
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

yeezy swagg god himself

Nobody is touching this man when it comes to fashion, yeah he has his misses, but for the most part, Ye' stays fly.

Depends on your choice of lifestyle. To a wall street suit or affluent yuppie there's nothing fresh about jeans and nikes/jordans. But I know what you mean and see the context.

Originally Posted by illphillip

It's this kind of outlandish, over the top slurping, while also rife with contradictions, that tends to derail this thread for the worst.

While the sheep slurp Kanye, I still say TI is one of the better dressed celebs out there. Far less misses.

'ye takes chances. ti doesn't. i think it's safe to say lately 'ye often dresses with sex appeal in mind, and will wear stuff women find sexy like deep scoop necks and stuff (dudes hate on it, but women love it). ti keeps it normal and impresses the goons, that's about it.

few fashion heads in the us even give ti's style a second glance, meanwhile the whole world is watching kanye.

say what you want, everyone is entitled to their opinions, i like a lot of ti's fits personally, i'm not "slurping", i certainly don't like everything kanye wears, and i only like a couple of his shoe designs (jaspers and yeezys), but he is currently the biggest fashion icon in the us, whether you like his style or not.

Originally Posted by numbah1grimey

I believe the founders of both strivers row and prps are making a collaborative effort. Saw it in an interview.

They're brothers.

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

'ye takes chances. ti doesn't. i think it's safe to say lately 'ye often dresses with sex appeal in mind, and will wear stuff women find sexy like deep scoop necks and stuff (dudes hate on it, but women love it). ti keeps it normal and impresses the goons, that's about it.

few fashion heads in the us even give ti's style a second glance, meanwhile the whole world is watching kanye.

say what you want, everyone is entitled to their opinions, i like a lot of ti's fits personally, i'm not "slurping", i certainly don't like everything kanye wears, and i only like a couple of his shoe designs (jaspers and yeezys), but he is currently the biggest fashion icon in the us, whether you like his style or not.

Here's the thing. I don't disagree with most of what you say. I have no problem with Kanye's style. I think people make it out to be a LOT more than it is.

I mean, the guy wore a red blazer, t shirt, jeans and Jordans and cats will talk about it endlessly. Is that ensemble really that impressive? I just don't see it.

Yes, Kanye takes chances. And that's cool. But again, some are misses.

As for TI, well, first off, dude spends too much time in jail. So he's not in the public eye enough.

And I disagree with you that he just impresses the goons. He suits up very well. He is consistently clean without looking like he's trying TOO hard. Goons don't rock like that. Not real goons. So I don't know who you're talking about. It's like we blow one guy out of proportion and discredit another.

See, I think people have this idol worship for Kanye because they believe in this aura of his. Like...."oh, he's front row at fashion week in Paris. He must be so fashionable". "He wears designer X, he's so fashionable".

And obviously his music is successful and he has an over the top personality that will attract attention.

But the looks themselves, to me at least, are really not all that impressive. I sit here and wonder, "what is everyone so hyped about?"

It's when people say "nobody is touching this man when it comes to fashion", or "he's the biggest fashion icon in the us"....

This is a sneaker website dog. Ain't no fashionistas on here that should feel like they know enough about TRUE fashion, not just RAP fashion, to make those kind of grandiose statements. To me that's like calling Lil Wayne the best musician in the world.

And as a man with his own identity and style, I don't have "fashion icons". I do me. I am certainly influenced by other well dressed people. But "icons"? C'mon. The idol worship needs to stop.

Kanye is an ICON, maybe, to a certain crowd. He certainly has his influence. Celebs and designers like to chill with him as he does them.

There's just times where I see things said that are just so out of control, I can't help but comment.

But ultimately I shouldn't. You are correct, everyone is entitled to their opinion. I'll try to keep mine to myself more often. I'm on the road and the cabin fever is getting to me!

Originally Posted by KOD843

What's the timeline on the online availability?

Been following for a minute and been waiting for the online store.  Wish I could go to the store. 

Anybody know how the denim fits in comparison to Prps barracudas?  Imo, barracudas run a tad bit small.

TI better dressed than Kanye?....you cant be serious, show me something that TI has done that Kanye hasnt.

Im not slurping Ye'....what benefit do i get from recognizing who he is?...you could have made a stronger argument by saying Common, JGL or Jeremy Piven.....but TI????
roll.gif
the only time TI looks really good is when he suits up, dude knows how to rock a suit, other than that, TI dresses just like any other rapper.

Originally Posted by AceBoogie

Originally Posted by ace10552

yeezy swagg god himself

Depends on your choice of lifestyle. To a wall street suit or affluent yuppie there's nothing fresh about jeans and nikes/jordans. But I know what you mean and see the context.
you are right.

kanye is overrated, he essentially wears what white people wear and wears it the way white people wear it

ex. when he was always wearing polo he wore it in the more fitted fashion just like any model from polo would

other urban cats were wearing polo too it's just that they were wearing it in the loose, sagging style and others were wearing the very same way kanye was

he's just in the forefront of popularity

i've said it all b4, but he made most urban/hip hop/rapper types get their clothes more fitted almost single handedly, and he bit the styles from indie hipster types, but he was still the biggest influence for most. then he came out in deep v's and scoop necks, again, another style bitten from the hipsters (they were on that style 4 years ago out in LA), and cats got jokes, but women love it, and slowly you're seeing other rappers, ball players, and the like, trying to replicate the style lately.

'ye doesn't necessarily do anything new, but he takes chances by bringing styles into the urban arena that take balls to pull off initially. catches hate for slim jeans, deep v's, etc., but slowly cats be following suit. i think for a long time now most dudes interested in style and fashion at all in the us, on the urban side of things, have been dressing more to impress other dudes and not to impress women. as soon as i slimmed up my clothes, wore slim jeans, slim deep v-necks that show my physique a lil' bit, etc., i started to get A LOT more attention from women, that's all i'm saying... dudes hate on me all the time, but the women's opinions are all that matter to me. and it's funny, some of the same dudes who've been hating on me locally for so long are just now starting to dress similar...

ti pulls out some clean fits, but it's not chance taking or anything more than mediocre imo. it is effective simplicity tho, i'll give him that.

but you see GQ magazine referencing kanye for styles, not ti...

like him or not, kanye is the best dressed celeb out overall. look at ya fav artist/athlete..8 out of 10 ten times they are wearing something that kanye made popular. i would go on to state all of Ye's trends over the past 7 years but that list is too long and would need its own topic lol

roll.gif
roll.gif

Real happy for those guys. They got a lot of good product, have to get some items in the near future.

Originally Posted by donjuan513

Originally Posted by numbah1grimey

They're brothers.
this conversation is over

GQ has used TI for a shoot before, though. Someone correct me if i'm wrong but i remember seeing a TI shoot in a GQ while getting a cut once

Originally Posted by theLwerd

GQ has used TI for a shoot before, though. Someone correct me if i'm wrong but i remember seeing a TI shoot in a GQ while getting a cut once

dont think thats what he ment but yeah ti has been on the cover 

Originally Posted by airedweezy

Originally Posted by theLwerd

dont think thats what he ment but yeah ti has been on the cover 

the fact that they used him though does solidify that he does fit well in suits, but i'd have to agree with the people whose opinion state that he dresses like every other rapper. he doesn't really do anything to push the envelope, which is why Kanye gets criticized so much.

2 cents!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

last time I checked...most celebrities have a fashion stylist...

What you see on covers/videos are not how they truly dress in real life...

I could be wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom