☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

Originally Posted by 0cks

Vince is Stackhouse status right now... He still has the bounce though which is weird, I think he could still win the dunk contest in 2012
laugh.gif
Exactly, all he's going to do is just chuck up shots.

I'd rather have someone younger or at least someone who's been efficient recently (Jason Richardson).

There is the difference. Vince Carter was a good athlete, but Jason Richardson was a good athlete who could also shoot the ball.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by 0cks

Vince is Stackhouse status right now... He still has the bounce though which is weird, I think he could still win the dunk contest in 2012
laugh.gif
Exactly, all he's going to do is just chuck up shots.

I'd rather have someone younger or at least someone who's been efficient recently (Jason Richardson).

There is the difference. Vince Carter was a good athlete, but Jason Richardson was a good athlete who could also shoot the ball.
The difference between the two isn't that significant and Vince Carter would be a cheaper commodity for a team that's over the cap.

More recently, not taking into consideration the majority of the career, Jason's been a much better shooter IMO. During all his years in Phoenix Jason was around 47-48%, but he had an off year last year. He still hovered around 38-40% 3PT%.

Vince on the other hand has been shooting 43%, and 34-36% 3PT%.

The difference is clear to me..
nerd.gif

More recently, not taking into consideration the majority of the year, Jason's been a much better shooter IMO. During all his years in Phoenix Jason was around 47-48%, but he had an off year last year. He still hovered around 38-40% 3PT%.

nerd.gif
I agree.
The Bulls are better off not picking him up and so are the Heat. Maybe Dallas will pick him up though and replace him with Butler as a SF.  JA? 
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

Free agent forward Shane Battier has narrowed his list of prospective teams from more than the original dozen or so to a handful of teams, including his current team, the Memphis Grizzlies, Miami, Indiana and Toronto, according to a league source. The 33-year-old, whose defensive skills still are among the league’s best, has been one of the most sought-after free agents since teams were allowed to discuss contract parameters last Wednesday.

The Heat would love to use Battier as a wing defender to help an already-strong defense get even better. The Raptors see Battier as a strong veteran presence for their young core, though they have been less willing than other teams to offer Battier a four-year deal. In addition, one of Toronto’s new assistant coaches, Johnny Davis, was on the Grizzlies’ bench last season, when Battier was re-acquired by the team that drafted him in 2001 from the Rockets.

Battier is expected to make a decision in the next few days. Training camps are scheduled to open next Friday.

Indiana and Toronto? I think he would pick Memphis before those two. Miami and Memphis may be the top choices. I don't think Johnny Davis will have that much influence on him. I really wouldn't be shocked if Heisley went all out to keep him just because he knows how much the city loves him and how important he is on the court. He would deal Sam or Henry away before just letting Battier walk, but I may be wrong. I know he's really serious about bringing everybody back from last year. I would still keep him as an insurance policy for Rudy as well just because I don't know what to expect from Xavier yet and Sam plays too stupid at times.
edit:

Yea, I was talking about VC. 
laugh.gif
 @ Kidd pushing the break with VC on running with him. A Conley/VC backcourt 
pimp.gif

#*%! that lol

Are you talking about Vince Carter or Jason Richardson? I think you're talking about Vince..
sick.gif

I'd rather Jerry Stackhouse come out of retirement than have Vince Carter on the Mavericks...
sick.gif

Maybe the Grizzlies got something going by trading Rudy Gay and replacing him with Vince-sanity.

sick.gif

I wouldn't want no part of Vince Carter in the NBA, period. Dude has been a dud since he left Jersey. Absolute dud.

More recently, not taking into consideration the majority of the career, Jason's been a much better shooter IMO. During all his years in Phoenix Jason was around 47-48%, but he had an off year last year. He still hovered around 38-40% 3PT%.

nerd.gif
I meant between the two players overall. VC posted a PER of 14.89 compared to J-Rich's 15.02. It's been said that J-Rich is looking for $10M if he doesn't sign with a contender. Vince Carter is definitely not seeing that type of money from any team (and if he does, whoever signs him is a moron) so he becomes a cheaper option and the difference between the two players isn't significant enough for a few extra millions.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Free agent forward Shane Battier has narrowed his list of prospective teams from more than the original dozen or so to a handful of teams, including his current team, the Memphis Grizzlies, Miami, Indiana and Toronto, according to a league source. The 33-year-old, whose defensive skills still are among the league’s best, has been one of the most sought-after free agents since teams were allowed to discuss contract parameters last Wednesday.

The Heat would love to use Battier as a wing defender to help an already-strong defense get even better. The Raptors see Battier as a strong veteran presence for their young core, though they have been less willing than other teams to offer Battier a four-year deal. In addition, one of Toronto’s new assistant coaches, Johnny Davis, was on the Grizzlies’ bench last season, when Battier was re-acquired by the team that drafted him in 2001 from the Rockets.

Battier is expected to make a decision in the next few days. Training camps are scheduled to open next Friday.
Indiana and Toronto? I think he would pick Memphis before those two. Miami and Memphis may be the top choices. I don't think Johnny Davis will have that much influence on him. I really wouldn't be shocked if Heisley went all out to keep him just because he knows how much the city loves him and how important he is on the court. He would deal Sam or Henry away before just letting Battier walk, but I may be wrong. I know he's really serious about bringing everybody back from last year. I would still keep him as an insurance policy for Rudy as well just because I don't know what to expect from Xavier yet and Sam plays too stupid at times.
Yeah there's no chance he comes to Toronto. Although I would've loved it years ago when we were somewhat competitive, there are better options out there for him and Raptors want to keep their cap room open for next summer.

Richardson was terrible against ATL in the playoffs. He did next to nothing.

Carter was just as bad the last time he was in the playoffs with ORL. He was atrocious against Charlotte and Boston.

Don't expect much from either of them in the postseason

Richardson looked OLD in the playoffs. I'd only sign him if my team had a creator who could get him easy looks like Nash did.

Caron is supposed to meet with Chicago tomorrow, not sure if he has any left in the tank to give us. He would be a good help to give Deng more of a break IF he can still play

VC can still be a contributer... Its just how he's used. If you have him stand in the corner & use him as a spot up jump shooter, he's not gonna be much help. If you have him come off the bench & run plays through him, he'll produce a lot more than if he's just playing the catch & shoot role.

& when I say run plays through him, I don't mean have him as the main guy of your offense as a scorer... VC can pass & make plays for people around him. He's played the combo guard position a lot throughout his career. If you run a couple plays through him he can easily find some scorers, run the pick & roll, or pick up some points. Again... I think it's just how he needs to be used in an offense.

Where are y'all expecting Battier to play in Miami? He can't really play the 2 anymore. I guess whenever they move Lebron to another position on the court, he can play the 3 or sometimes the 4. 

Just move LeBron over and play him at the 2 or 1.
Both him and Dalembert would be great fits.

Originally Posted by jmause3

Caron is supposed to meet with Chicago tomorrow, not sure if he has any left in the tank to give us. He would be a good help to give Deng more of a break IF he can still play
More than able, trust me. As long as he can move fine, he'll be good to go.

eek.gif

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
One league official says there are seven NBA teams that have two stretches of 5 games in 6 nights this season. Good luck with that.
[/td][/tr][/table]
Cleveland, Sac, Toronto and the like prob blowing up Stern's phone to get in on that. Draft is looking
pimp.gif
eek.gif

God damn, 5 games in 6 nights, that's fricking ROUGH.

And twice during the season? That must mean that a lot of teams will have the 5-in-6, but seven teams have it twice.
sick.gif

They better be at home or in the division at that entire time.
sick.gif

Originally Posted by BishopStrongBow

Originally Posted by PMatic

Richardson looked OLD in the playoffs. I'd only sign him if my team had a creator who could get him easy looks like Nash did.
Derrick Rose? 
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

grin.gif

LOL at Derrick Rose being able to provide easy looks like Nash did.

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

eek.gif

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
One league official says there are seven NBA teams that have two stretches of 5 games in 6 nights this season. Good luck with that.
[/td][/tr][/table]
Cleveland, Sac, Toronto and the like prob blowing up Stern's phone to get in on that. Draft is looking
pimp.gif
eek.gif
Damn.

Yeah it's going to to be terrible for my life,
sick.gif

Last year I'd say I watched 95% of Mavericks games, but watching all of them this year is going to be hard, that's so damn time consuming.
sick.gif

sick.gif

Last year I'd say I watched 95% of Mavericks games, but watching all of them this year is going to be hard, that's so damn time consuming.
sick.gif

Not for me since I'm out of school and have a set work schedule. 
pimp.gif

sick.gif

sick.gif
Not for me since I'm out of school and have a set work schedule. 
pimp.gif
Screw you graduate..
30t6p3b.gif

(Graduating in 6 months...
pimp.gif
)

Though may go to grad school,
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom