☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by FourReal

Kwame isnt as bad as most of you make it seem.
ive been a die hard wizards fan and trust me he has to be the worst wizard player that i can remember till this day i hate this fool

hes gotten better since his rookie years in washington.
Small hands as a big are his main issue.
He literally had everything else you want as a physical specimen.
At worse he with bigger hands he is better than Tyson.

JapanAir...I saw your post this AM questioning why the Wizards aren't going to use the amnesty clause on Rashard Lewis.

Check this out....makes sense:

On why he's saving the Amnesty Clause: "This is not a great free-agent market out there. You don't want to tie up too much money now," he said. "We like the balance we have right now and we want to make sure we get our young players an opportunity to get out there and play and continue to get the minutes and develop."

Later: "If you go way, way under that, you have to spend money to get back to that level. Right now, we feel it's probably more important to keep our flexibility to see what players in the future come on the free-agent market."

This was a quote from EG's presser the other day...

Does anyone think Biedrins gets amnestied or have the Warriors already came out and said they are keeping him?
He's a guy I have my eye out for with Memphis. It seems very likely that Wallace would look to pick up a guy of his caliber. We all know he needs a change of scenery, he's young and does everything we need him to do. He also plays very well against the Grizz when he does play. I really think Wallace wants to make this front line one of the top 3 front lines in the league, if not already there. Adding Biedrins to Arthur, Zbo and Marc would easily make that happen.

Also, what's the news on Chuck Hayes in Houston? Is Houston trying to re-sign him?

Originally Posted by ill steelo

According to sources, Nene, Chandler and Gasol all set their early asking prices in the neighborhood of maximum-contract territory, starting at $14.8 million for Gasol, $17.7 annually for Nene, and $20.7 million for Chandler. There is plenty of crossover in their respective lists of salary-cap-friendly suitors, with the Nets, Rockets and Warriors appearing to be the hungriest shoppers, and the Pacers and Trail Blazers strolling the big man aisles as well.
Link

laugh.gif
@ 20 mil for Chandler.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
they want that per year?

Poopsworld...

NBA Saturday: Pacers Want Crawford, Gasol

The Indiana Pacers will be one of the most active teams in the coming weeks. They have the third-most cap space of any team in the NBA, and they’re keeping their trade options open, as well. In recent days they have reached out to a number of top free agents and expressed interest in their services.

It appears Indiana’s dream scenario would be signing both Jamal Crawford and Marc Gasol. Sources close to the situation say the Pacers love Crawford and Gasol and have the money to sign both. Crawford is an unrestricted free agent and Gasol is a restricted free agent.

“I think they would love to sign Crawford and Gasol and call it a day,â€

Kwame isnt as bad as most of you make it seem.

yes yes he is. besides rebounding and solid d his clumsiness and stupidity offset what good he does..
i guess hes never been on your team?

Originally Posted by CripwalkinK

Warriors are really pushing for Tyson Chandler apparently. Probably makes Andris Biedrins expendable.

as much as i bash dude i wouldnt mind him on the warriors. i do think he is overrated defensively, his offense is horrible, and hes injury prone, something the warriors do not need.
hes basically useless on offense unless you have someone on your team who can lob passes to him. 

but for what his camp is asking for? hell to the naw
laugh.gif
i rather have nene

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Does anyone think Biedrins gets amnestied or have the Warriors already came out and said they are keeping him?
He's a guy I have my eye out for with Memphis. It seems very likely that Wallace would look to pick up a guy of his caliber. We all know he needs a change of scenery, he's young and does everything we need him to do. He also plays very well against the Grizz when he does play. I really think Wallace wants to make this front line one of the top 3 front lines in the league, if not already there. Adding Biedrins to Arthur, Zbo and Marc would easily make that happen.

Also, what's the news on Chuck Hayes in Houston? Is Houston trying to re-sign him?

would u move oj for beidrins? 
tongue.gif

and you want the chuck wagon? 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by PMatic

Poopsworld...

NBA Saturday: Pacers Want Crawford, Gasol

The Indiana Pacers will be one of the most active teams in the coming weeks. They have the third-most cap space of any team in the NBA, and they’re keeping their trade options open, as well. In recent days they have reached out to a number of top free agents and expressed interest in their services.

It appears Indiana’s dream scenario would be signing both Jamal Crawford and Marc Gasol. Sources close to the situation say the Pacers love Crawford and Gasol and have the money to sign both. Crawford is an unrestricted free agent and Gasol is a restricted free agent.

“I think they would love to sign Crawford and Gasol and call it a day,â€

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

would u move oj for beidrins? 
tongue.gif

and you want the chuck wagon? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I like Chuck. I think he blends in well with the tough mentality our team has. He's one of the better low post defenders in the league even at his size and a good rebounder. The only thing that keeps me from putting him as my #1 priority backup big is his size. Memphis pretty much lacks length outside of Marc. It would be nice to have another guy that has a little more length and size which is why I like Biedrins more. Hell, I think Jeff Foster would be decent and cheap for about 10-15 minutes a night.

Hibbert? 
laugh.gif
 Why would we lose chemistry with Zbo/Marc and the heart of our team for Hibbert?

And DiPlOmAt TDOt , you dont think Marc deserves the same amount or similar to Horford/Noah?

laugh.gif
at Marc Gasol wanting at least the same as Al Horford and Joakim Noah.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

JapanAir...I saw your post this AM questioning why the Wizards aren't going to use the amnesty clause on Rashard Lewis.

Check this out....makes sense:

On why he's saving the Amnesty Clause: "This is not a great free-agent market out there. You don't want to tie up too much money now," he said. "We like the balance we have right now and we want to make sure we get our young players an opportunity to get out there and play and continue to get the minutes and develop."

Later: "If you go way, way under that, you have to spend money to get back to that level. Right now, we feel it's probably more important to keep our flexibility to see what players in the future come on the free-agent market."

This was a quote from EG's presser the other day...
Yeah NaS pretty much posted same explanation, makes a ton of sense.

Being a luxury tax team I always forget there's a minimum you have to spend,
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
at Marc Gasol wanting at least the same as Al Horford and Joakim Noah.

What's so funny about that...?

bhzmafia14 - Nope, and from the way it's being spoken about he wants more than them.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

bhzmafia14 - Nope, and from the way it's being spoken about he wants more than them.
I'd rather have Marc than Horford or Noah.
nerd.gif

Yup. To me Horford's as much of a center as Amar'e is (with better defense though
nerd.gif
), and Noah...that's young Tyson Chandler...dude's potential and defense...but right now Gasol's solid and can score.

I'd rather have Marc than Noah, not sure about Horford though.  Noah just brings nothing to the table offensively.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

I'd rather have Marc than Noah, not sure about Horford though.  Noah just brings nothing to the table offensively.
What does Marc bring to the table defensively? 

*Serious question....don't watch memphis a ton.  

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Last season's stats:

Al Horford - 15.3PPG, 9.3RPG, 3.5APG, 1.0BPG
Al Horford (postseason) - 11.3PPG, 9.6RPG, 3.5APG, 1.0BPG

Joakim Noah - 11.7PPG, 10.4RPG, 2.2APG, 1.5BPG
Joakim Noah (postseason) - 8.7PPG, 10.2RPG, 2.5APG, 2.1BPG

Marc Gasol - 11.7PPG, 7.0RPG, 2.5APG, 1.7BPG
Marc Gasol (postseason) - 15.0PPG, 11RPG, 2.2APG. 2.2BPG

I don't see how it's ridiculous for Gasol to get Horford/Noah money but okay.

Marc Gasol man, so overrated, mediocre rebounder, good passer (not great just good), solid shot blocker, he's not better than Horford, he's not better than Noah anybody who pays 70 mil will regret it.

Gasol has more size and offensive skills than those two.

But Horford and Noah are better-versatile defenders and rebounders.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Marc Gasol man, so overrated, mediocre rebounder, good passer (not great just good), solid shot blocker, he's not better than Horford, he's not better than Noah anybody who pays 70 mil will regret it.
Mediocre rebounder? Ehh, I'd take issue with that. Anyone will look like a mediocre rebounder when they are in a front-line with Zach Randolph, who thinks the basketball is a cookie.

Well Horford is more of a PF in a C's body, only plays out of his position because the Hawks have Josh Smith who's a tweener.

I'd rank Horford ahead of Gasol by a slight edge but between him and Noah, Gasol is more polished as a complete player IMO.

But $10-$12M/year for Gasol? I don't think it's ridiculous.
Should he get $14.8M/yr like the rumors suggest? Probably not. But teams will be giving him offer sheets so he'll most likely end up being overpaid.

laugh.gif

So, he's a mediocre rebounder? He averaged 9 boards in his 2nd season next to one of the best rebounders in the game. Last season, his numbers dipped because he was playing hurt for the most part and Zach rebounding numbers went up. When has Marc ever been overrated? No one rarely talks about him and he only began to get some love during the playoffs. What makes Noah better than Marc? Do you think if you swapped Marc and Noah on their respective teams, Grizz would be worse and Chicago would be better? Imagine teams focusing on Zach because Noah can give you anything but a few tip-ins and dunks on the offensive end....He just isn't polished enough. 

Horford is another story. Horford and Marc are a little more close in talent. Horford is more mobile due to his size, but he's still not a legit center. He's 6'10, 245 and Atlanta is still trying to put him at PF. You saw what happened when Marc was the 2nd option on that Memphis team (what Horford is in Atlanta). 15 and 11.

Back
Top Bottom