☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by MrONegative

eek.gif
laugh.gif
that lockout didn't change %+!%.
This 
roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

lol

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by CripwalkinK

Not even taking into consideration of where he goes...

Do you think CP3 gets traded or the Hornets make him wait it out?

If he does gets traded, when? It's clear he won't be in New Orleans after this year.

Do you think he really gets traded in the middle of the season? I don't. That's so much to handle for a team in the middle of a hectic season playing so many games.

And another thing a lot of people I think are forgetting, it takes 6 months for a traded-player to be up for an extension.. So even if CP3 were traded December 9th, he couldn't sign an extension until next off-season.
nerd.gif
Is there a link you can provide with this information? I can't find it.
I'm sorry, I was wrong, my bad.

Extend-and-trade deals

A player may sign an extension for up to three years in length and get traded during the season. The owners' previous offer prohibited these by imposing a six-month buffer between the time of a trade and the signing of an extension.

Comment: Now the drama that played out with Denver's Carmelo Anthony last season, and whatever damage it inflicted on the Nuggets and their fans, can play out with Orlando's Dwight Howard, New Orleans' Chris Paul and New Jersey's Deron Williams, among others. Another move by the owners.

I remembered reading about it, and I wrongfully assumed that it was still implemented, but it's one of the things the owners gave up in their most recent offer. Forget what I said about that.

Ah okay cool, no biggie.

But to get to your question, I think Paul goes before the deadline unless he expresses interest to stay. I wouldn't push it before the beginning of the season, you need to wait it out and see what kind of offers you're getting. Denver took all the time in the world to get what they wanted so I assume New Orleans would follow the same path. At this point, the Clippers are probably the only team with a legit offer on the table and it's merely because of the Minnesota draft pick that LAC has.

Originally Posted by Mercutio

The way I see it, it's cheaper to keep Rashard because of the 85 percent salary cap rule. Why waive him and then spend even more money to not have someone on your roster? Now, waiving Arenas makes a whole lot more sense, and I think it might happen if Dwight is shipped. Or perhaps they're waiting to see if they can ship Dwight and Arenas together to get more out of whatever team Dwight goes to. And then the onus of waiving Arenas would go to this new team.
Pretty much. Other than New Jersey, have any other teams "expressed interest" for Dwight?

Originally Posted by NobleKane

^u sure dallas fans love haywood? i think its just japanair that feel that way
laugh.gif

and wow why doesnt washington just use the amnesty on lewis??
I swear you and Mike are twins by the amount of crap yall say.
laugh.gif

No, no one really likes Haywood for what we're paying him for.

But he's very good as a back-up Center. As a starting Center? Not so much.

But it's what we'll be stuck with if Tyson doesn't come back, it's as simple as that. Our hands are tied, we can't make any moves.

And also, no, Ian Mahinmi won't start, he's incredibly raw.

Brian Cardinal could probably play some spot minutes at center...

If Caron leaves town for San Antonio he's a scumbag and doesn't deserve to get a ring from us.

*$!!%+@.

ESPNSteinLine: Toronto was one of those teams that woulda loved to get in Marc Gasol mix. But hearing now Raps prefer to roll cap space into next summer
ESPNSteinLine: Tyson Chandler another C that Raps initially planned to chase, given Dwane Casey's defensive bent and how he'd fit next to Bargnani. BUT ...
ESPNSteinLine: TOR would need to amnesty someone to have enough cap space to get into race for top Cs. Teams told now they have no shot at RFA Gasol anyway.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Ehhh...Garnett, Duncan and Chompsy (we'll see) are paid fair since this is the last year on their deals.

Dirk, Pau, Melo, Dwight, Deron, CP3, LeBron, Wade and Pierce all deserve it.

Amar'e, Bosh, Bynum (depending on injuries), Rudy (tbd) and Al Jefferson are a little overpaid.

Joe Johnson, Elton Brand, Jamison, BRoy
30t6p3b.gif
are very overpaid.

Shard and Gil are jokes, they both deserve half at best.
"Very overpaid" is an unfair way to describe Roy though. Dude just can't play physically play.

They had a really good idea of what shape his knees were in before they gave him that deal and still gave it to him.

Man I hope Rudy can keep up his career high numbers and hit big shots for us. I definitely don't want to keep hearing about how overpaid he is. 
laugh.gif
 He will always be considered a little overpaid anyway, but unless you take Zach or Marc off this team, he will have to feed off of them. He's not the focal point of our offense.
laugh.gif
 @ Toronto even thinking they had a chance at Marc. Really, no one has a chance at him because Heisley is either going to offer something that no team will want to compete with or just match any offer out there. He's not letting that frontline go. 

I'm reading about some of these teams planning to have cap space next year or the year after and it's a thought in the back of my head of for what? Like who you saving up money to woo to your team?

Some teams need to be rebuilding mainly from the draft, get good players that can develop possibly in to stars or legit role players that won't leave for a couple years. Free agency aint for every team.

Originally Posted by PMatic

@ESPNSteinLine Hearing clutch of East teams have expressed interest in Kwame Brown, who's still wanted in Charlotte as well. Also Golden State from West

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]ESPNSteinLine
Warriors still chasing Tyson Chandler (best fit along w/Nene and RFA DeAndre Jordan) but also in Kwame mix w/PHILLY/BOS/NYK/ORL and, yes, CHA
11-12-03 4:07 PM[/td][/tr][/table]

I think most people acknowledge he's a rotation player, but nobody will ever get over how he was #1

Nobody will ever get over what Kobe and MJ said about him. But sure, he's a rotation player, I'd rather not have him than have him.

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Rashard made 22 mil last season?!
indifferent.gif
Still owed 46 for next two years.
laugh.gif

I have no idea why they don't amnesty him, it looks like no one is going to use their amnesty clause.

Do teams really plan on making that many more contract mistakes than the likes of Rashard Lewis and Gilbert Arenas?
laugh.gif

For a team like Dallas I can understand because they really need the Center depth, but for Rashard, I don't see it.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Kwame isnt as bad as most of you make it seem.
ive been a die hard wizards fan and trust me he has to be the worst wizard player that i can remember till this day i hate this fool

roll.gif
@#12 karma
o yeah and i also can't freaking wait to see ricky rubio to play for the timberwolves
i remeber the usa vs spain game that man has handles

Originally Posted by FourReal

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Kwame isnt as bad as most of you make it seem.
ive been a die hard wizards fan and trust me he has to be the worst wizard player that i can remember till this day i hate this fool

hes gotten better since his rookie years in washington.

Back
Top Bottom