☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

Telfair wouldnt be a bad fit IMO, hes gotten better but what would happen with Douglas?

#7 in Schumann's power rankings 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by CripwalkinK

According to Alex Kennedy of HOOPSWORLD via sources, the Knicks, Jazz and Lakers have shown interest in free-agent PG Sebastian Telfair.

We noted earlier Friday a list of point guards for the Jazz, and Telfair appears to be one to add into the mix for the team now as well.

In New York, Telfair would likely figure in as a backup behind Chauncey Billups at the point. Ditto for the Lakers, where Telfair would find himself on the depth chart behind Derek Fisher.

grin.gif

Fisher did good getting a deal with the owners and repping the players. He deserves to start for a month or two
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Jason Jones: Per ESPN, Kings have made contact with agent for J.J. Barea
JA please tell me Cuban is gonna throw a ton of cash at him.........
laugh.gif
Come on man, don't like Barea?

J.J. Barea expressed his preference to remain with the Mavericks, and said he isn't necessarily chasing the highest-possible contract offer.

"I just want what I deserve," said Barea. "I'd like to be with the same team, in the same city, in the same house. We'll see." Barea's value may be inflated somewhat by his game-changing play in the postseason, but Mavs writer Jeff Caplan writes that it "might be a stretch" for a team to offer him the full mid-level exception at $5 million per season.

I think Barea is the most loyal guys out of our current FA crop. He has the longest tenure with the Mavericks, and he knows without us he probably wouldn't be in the League. We never gave up on him, and he kept trying, just like Thomas the Train.
laugh.gif

I think he's willing to take a little less to stay in Dallas, how much is that? I don't know.

Personally, I don't think he should get anymore than 4-to-5 million a year. He realizes he's never been a full-time starter, and the likelihood of him being successful as one is slim. He's much better off the bench as a spark who can run an offense for spurts and be able to shoot the ball some, and penetrate if need be.

He was never one of the guys I was worried about coming back, it was always Tyson and Caron.

Caron I pretty much see as a goner at this point. I'd welcome him back, I really like the guy, always have, but if he goes, I'd understand.

Tyson I'm still kind of dumbfounded by the whole situation. I can't think the sole reason why we made it to the Finals again we'd ditch just because of a monetary issue. Maybe another owner, but not Cuban. He let go a superstar once and somehow it worked out, but this is much different. We can't let go Tyson. Not only what he brings to the team, but having that guy next to Dirk is a big key to try and convince other guys to come play in Dallas.

I think a lot of what Tyson has said is just trying to hike up his asking price, and reasonably so. He had a very short tenure with the Mavericks, he owes nothing to them really, and he's a UFA, he can do what he wants. Apparently he wants to stay,

“I've spoken to him every day for the last two weeks and he wants to be here, he wants to be a Maverick next year," said Terry, adding that their conversations were for the purpose of “recruiting.’’ “Now, it's on ownership to make it happen.’’

And there have been many times during the summer where he wanted to get a deal done, but it just wasn't going to happen without knowing the structure of a new CBA, that's why there were no deals at ALL.

I think maybe he just feels like Dallas should have gotten it done with before, but that's not how it works. Cuban waited until 12:01 Midnight last year to go and re-recruit Dirk Nowitzki back to the Mavericks.

12:01 next Friday Cuban and Donnie will be giving him a call, trying to get something done. It's just a matter of what other deals are out there for Tyson.

One things for sure, he's not going to a contender. You won't see him suit up for Boston or Miami or anything crazy like that. No tax-paying teams can afford him, the only team that can is the Mavericks since we hold the ability to extend him and still go over the cap.

We'll see, I want it over already.
laugh.gif
. I'm dreading it in a way, because no way we repeat if we don't have him. Not unless we make some other secondary move, but I don't expect that. I just want the boys in blue to go out and play some ball again as the reigning champions.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Telfair wouldnt be a bad fit IMO, hes gotten better but what would happen with Douglas?
He's a very bad point guard. Much better suited to play the off-guard and focus on defending and being a scorer off the bench.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Chris Paul
Dwight Howard
Chris Paul
Dwight HowardChris Paul
Dwight HowardChris Paul
Dwight HowardChris Paul
Dwight HowardChris Paul
Dwight HowardChris Paul
Dwight HowardChris Paul
Dwight HowardChris Paul
Dwight HowardChris Paul
Dwight HowardChris Paul
Dwight HowardChris Paul
Dwight HowardChris Paul
Dwight HowardChris Paul
Dwight HowardChris Paul
Dwight HowardChris Paul
Dwight HowardChris Paul
Dwight HowardChris Paul
Dwight HowardChris Paul
Dwight Howard

C'mon man.
laugh.gif
 Can we talk about something else NBA related?
Kevin Love slimming down

Dec. 17 the first preseason game against Milwaukee
pimp.gif

J-Smoove and Kevin Love lost pounds this year. Here are recent pictures of J-Smoove and Love
Spoiler [+]
HWK_Voluntary_Smoove_13.jpg
h1202nba9--500x380.jpg
kevin-love-skinny.jpg
64330400.jpg

Originally Posted by Statis22

Chase is what Boki shoulda been.

laugh.gif
at him getting smushed on like that.

Can't post vids from my phone, but my son Nachbar was dunking on people, too. Ask Elton Brand and Jared Jeffries about the Slovenian Vince Carter.

boki had some nasty dunks actually.

Waiting though for the fake 3 pointer on the side where he will step out of bounds moments though. I remember more of those than the dunks. lol.

Originally Posted by VC3FAN

And per my rep, The Nets and Magic ARE NOT going to London for the two games. So The Nets will have 34 homes games (Counting Pre-season) at the Rock since the Nets were the home team for both games.

preseason? is there even time for a preseason?

I'm pretty sure there's going to be a couple games between each team based on location. I'm too lazy to look it up... but not enough to post my speculation.

2 preseason games against the same team. The games will be based on location.

So the Knicks are probably playing the Nets, once at MSG and the other in Jersey.

Clips/Lakers

Kings/GSW

Magic/Heat

etc.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

So.....if the Mavs lose Chandler, JJ and Butler, who will they look to sign?
Crappy thing is that probably no one big.
laugh.gif

We don't have the cap room. We'd just have to use whatever exceptions we have to try and bring someone in, no matter how crappy.

Mavs are already over the cap with Chandler, JJ, and Butler not signed.

Can't sign anyone outright, so it'd have to either be a trade or just some decent player who's willing to play for cheap.

I do hear we want to get back Stevenson though, since Caron is about 95% done here.

I can see Stevenson staying, but I can see him leaving too.

I really don't think we lose out on Barea.

Successful off-season = we sign Chandler.
Failure off-season= we don't sign Chandler.

It's really him or nothing.

Does anyone else happen to be watching this LA/Sioux Falls D-League game on NBAtv right now? Jamaal Tinsley just broke out an AND1 Mixtape move. Not dribbling between the D's legs, but a move I've never seen him do before. He dropped the ball over the defender's shoulder, put some spin on it, pretended like he was about to run around the guy, then backed up and retrieved the ball. It was like some Hot Sauce @^#%, I swear! I wish I had been recording.

Back
Top Bottom