☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

not going lie..

i would rather see CP3 go to the clippers IF they were able to keep gordon as well (cause obviously they aren't trading blake)

Originally Posted by DubA169

yeah the knicks dont gotta chance whatsoever of getting melo too. galanari and chandler are trash

Blasphemy. Those guys became gods the moment they donned Nuggets jerseys. The fact they traded both those superstars for that bum, no defense playing, whiny, hoodlum Melo.
30t6p3b.gif

/sarcasm

I think it's the sheer number of people/fans of the team. Look at the season thread. The next closest thread is 10 pgs behind

yeah the knicks dont gotta chance whatsoever of getting melo too. galanari and chandler are trash
And picks.

So, answer me this, wise guy.

You're New Orleans, which offer do you want...

A) Chauncey Billups, Ronny Turiaf for Chris Paul
B) Chris Kaman, Randy Foye, Aminu, and Eric Bledsoe, a high first round pick, and a couple other first rounders for Chris Paul and Trevor Ariza.

Which one sounds better? It's a straight salary dump for New York, but for the Clippers, you get prospects, you get draft picks, you get to unload a contract, and you still get to get those same expiring contracts.

At least Danilo and Wilson Chandler are good enough prospects to at least maybe try to build around. Chauncey and Turiaf? Bill Walker and Toney Douglas? Man, get out of here.

What the hell do you expect to trade NOH for?

And you still aren't answering how they're going to put pieces around them either... You think Chris Paul is going to take a huge paycut when he sees Amare and Melo getting paid 20 mill a year?
laugh.gif

The deal for Melo was a lot better than ANYTHING the Knicks can offer now. Mozgov is a good young player, Danilo is a good young player, Wilson Chandler can be a starter for a lot of teams in the league, not to mention a pick.

The Clippers own the Wolves unprotected draft pick for the 2012 draft. That's more valuable than just about anything the Knicks can offer, without even talking about prospects and expirings.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

And picks.

B) Chris Kaman, Randy Foye, Aminu, and Eric Bledsoe, a high first round pick, and a couple other first rounders for Chris Paul and Trevor Ariza.

Which one sounds better? It's a straight salary dump for New York, but for the Clippers, you get prospects, you get draft picks, you get to unload a contract, and you still get to get those same expiring contracts.

At least Danilo and Wilson Chandler are good enough prospects to at least maybe try to build around. Chauncey and Turiaf? Bill Walker and Toney Douglas? Man, get out of here.

And you still aren't answering how they're going to put pieces around them either... You think Chris Paul is going to take a huge paycut when he sees Amare and Melo getting paid 20 mill a year?
laugh.gif

The deal for Melo was a lot better than ANYTHING the Knicks can offer now. Mozgov is a good young player, Danilo is a good young player, Wilson Chandler can be a starter for a lot of teams in the league, not to mention a pick.

The Clippers own the Wolves unprotected draft pick for the 2012 draft. That's more valuable than just about anything the Knicks can offer, without even talking about prospects and expirings.

It all comes down to a game of chicken if CP3 really wants NY that bad. Who blinks first? Same with the Melo situation.
The Nuggets had a bunch of better offers on the table. They couldn't take them because Melo said he wouldn't extend with anyone but the Knicks. It's not always about the best deal.

Now who knows what happens with Chris. I'd love him on the Knicks next season, I'm not getting my hopes up, though. I'm very happy with the core we have now paired with all the flexibility we'll have.

And picks.

laugh.gif

Yea that's all well and good but it's moot if Paul doesn't want to sign an extension there.
It's the same $#@! yall was saying last year about the Nets , and Lakers packages for Melo and how did that turn out ?

Chris Paul has given 0 indication that he wants to play with Blake Griffin in LA

All this hype about the LA Clippers is unwarranted yall dudes really talkin like their on the same level of OKC or The Lakers

Cats want to ignore the fact that this man made a toast at Melo's wedding about his desire to play with him and Stat

Until he says he wants to play with the Clippers I will change my stance on it being NY or nothing

stop with the complaining boo-hoo's already....

edit: if a team makes a trade before Dec 25th, can they cut that player through the amnesty clause? Like a Hedo to NJ type deal.

Originally Posted by Mr Kuter

stop with the complaining boo-hoo's already....

edit: if a team makes a trade before Dec 25th, can they cut that player through the amnesty clause? Like a Hedo to NJ type deal.

Pretty sure I heard or read somewhere that once a player has been traded they can't be amnestied.

It's to prevent teams from acquiring a player to clear extra cap space.

Japan, love when you chime in and bring everyone back to earth.

And the amnesty clause can not be used on traded players and the Nets would have to amnesty Outlaw before they could take Hedo in a deal with D12.

Now who knows what happens with Chris. I'd love him on the Knicks next season, I'm not getting my hopes up, though. I'm very happy with the core we have now paired with all the flexibility we'll have.

That's the thing, even if he realizes Sterling isn't the best owner, he has to realize that if he goes to New York, they'll be handicapped and it'll be VERY hard to them to make moves.

Yea that's all well and good but it's moot if Paul doesn't want to sign an extension there.

Why wouldn't he? What's wrong with LA? You don't think he'd want to play with a younger, potentially better version of Amare down the line? You don't think he'd do just as good with a roster that's better suited to try and win than New York's is right now? You don't think that would keep him happy? Having two bigs down low, who have proven to work together down low efficiently is a God-send to a player like Chris Paul. Plus having a young player in the back-court who isn't greedy and could easily co-exist with?

I don't see why he wouldn't want to do it...

Dont see how CP3 will make be great when Dantoni doesnt emphasize defense at all

Besides the Knicks cant really give no one for CP3. Are they gonna gut their roster again just how they did for melo? If thats the case they will be more shorthanded than the Heat this year where ppl thought they had no one outside of the big 3. it will literally be turiaf stat melo cp3 landry and whatever two ppl they are left with

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

Nene consistently vanishes come playoff time.

and chandler didnt vanish come playoff time? 
laugh.gif

You missed him punking the %#%+ out of Andrew Bynum
stopped reading after that. taking mental note to never read your posts again

he has to realize that if he goes to New York, they'll be handicapped and it'll be VERY hard to them to make moves.
I just wanted to speak a little on this. I don't think they care, Melo, Amare & Paul really want to play together and think they can follow Miami's blueprint. 3 superstar tier players together + average/below average role players. I hate to say it but its working with the Heat & it worked in Boston. Paul on the Knicks gives them a chance to compete with Miami in the East.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

28klykn.jpg
before that 10 pg Knick haters anonymous get they panties in a bunch.

Got to admit, part of that is funny.

Honestly, I don't know if the Bulls approach is better, and I don't know if it will ever payoff the way they clearly want it to. Dwight to Chicago after Carlos Boozer amnesty or trade with Orlando.
But the Knicks with Paul, Amar'e and Melo don't have much going for it ever. They will be the second most talented team at best in the confrence. They wont have any picks of note, nor any trade assets. The same MLE guys who would go to NY would go to Chicago or Miami almost as fast. And 2 of the 3 have long term knee problems. 2 years into the future Amar'e might be hurt, and going on 11 years in the league, Paul wont be as capable a scorer, no picks of note. And your stuck. Give Amar'e the amnesty, and go after Blake.... By that time everyone who was ever going to consider using the amnesty on a current contract will, and teams if they are smart will gear up for that day til no end. Its a crux... that's all I'm really saying though. I envy it, but its a crux.

Back
Top Bottom