☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Al Iannazzone: The Record just learned Deron Williams WILL NOT Sign an extension with the Nets and will play the year out. Link coming shortly. now

that stinks
I wouldn't either. It's a difference of $40 mil if he does. Nets can still offer him the most money, I believe. Besides, DWill has been completely aloof dating back his Jazz days regarding the future.

EDIT: If he opts out he could $101 mil from the Nets and $73 mil from another team.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Seymore CAKE wrote:
Whats the market price for Nick Young anyway these days?
$2.50 and a jawbreaker... a dollar and some envelopes.

Window Envelopes or the plain jawns???
85e25bd44e74c83954ea95035166cfe4d04856e_r.gif

DWILL made the right choice. He will lose 40 million if he takes an extension of opts for the final year of his current money.

Nothing funny yet. Smart move.

He's officially a Bromo to me now... Hope they trade him to the Bucks, Bobcats or Sota and make his !%$ suffer the year out then have to leave 40 million on the table.

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Aye y'all need to chill with those MS Paint pictures...
30t6p3b.gif
It's over, all the good ones have been posted.

Anyway, if Dallas can't retain Chandler, would you pay Nene big money? Idk if I would, Nene is nothing like Chandler defensively or on the boards, and Nene consistently vanishes come playoff time.

I'd save my money to make a run at Deron Williams if I were Cuban. Take a shot at Williams and then bring over another center next off season who can board and play D...
At this point I really don't know. As it looks right now, Caron is probably gone, Tyson possibly. Barea may stay on board due to longevity, and we won't give Stevenson the kind of money he wants.

If we amnestied Haywood, we'd have 36 million on the books next year. That's enough to sign Deron, but, I still think that's a pipe dream. Plus our team around him wouldn't look very good.

I'm not sure at this point, Nene would fill in what Tyson left, and provide more on offense, but defense would be a huge question again.

Really hard to say at this point until some pieces start falling into place, which they haven't. Plus I don't think we can out-bid some of these other teams with our cap space as-is.

Why would a third team get involved in a Chris Paul trade? There ain't nothing the third team could want from the Knicks.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Yes because spending just to spend wasnt a major reason for the lockout  

Dude just isn't all that bright
laugh.gif

Did I tell you to speak?
And I'm a Sixers fan for the record. We need to make some major moves unless we want to be stuck in the 6-8 seed territory for another 5 years. There's still no go-to player on the team, and Iguodala has a ton of worth around the league. Memphis would trade Rudy Gay for him easily. And it would probably make both teams better. If I'm the GM of the Sixers I'm seeing what an Iguodala/Lou Williams package can bring me back. Having Lou, Iguodala, Turner, Thad and Meeks all splitting time isn't going to work. They need to find a way to get a defensive minded center if they still plan on starting Elton Brand at the 4. Spencer bum +%+ Hawes isn't the answer, and I don't think Vucevic is ready to start right away.

the only untouchable on the sixers roster should be jrue.. and that's who they should be building around

i agree i would have BEEN shopping iggy (like from the 2010 draft when minnesota was so hot up for a SF.. i would have either asked for the 4th pick for iggy.. or traded no. 2 and elton brand for no. 4 and k.love or al jefferson.. obviously this was still when folks up there were still sour on k.love)

what the sixers are doing just doesn't make sense.. if you are having success in an uptempo style, why do they then sign elton brand?

if you have iggy on the roster who is still a young dude, why do you then draft turner who is only like 3 years younger?

He's officially a Bromo to me now... Hope they trade him to the Bucks, Bobcats or Sota and make his !%$ suffer the year out then have to leave 40 million on the table.
completely agree

Originally Posted by StroShow4

Paul Silas says Corey Maggette "can be 20-point scorer and will be one of the focal points of our offense."

sick.gif
Translated: "We're gonna do our best to get Drummond, or Barnes or Jones III or Davis or Lamb"

No extension for Deron? Damn.

Nets better get another star alongside him asap.

It would suck if he left b/c they gave up so much for him to be the future of the franchise.

Same here.  And this is coming from a Knick fan.  I HATE players who do that stupid #%%#.

Again, the Deron Situation is $$$$$$$ Whether he leaves or not is a different story.

If the Nets were to make a deal for Dwight, Deron would still opt out. His contract extension is a 2 year 39 million dollar extension added to the final year of his current contract. He walks away from that and can make 101 million over 5 years with Brklyn or 4 years 74 million with another team.

Trust me, He would ask for a trade by now too if he was going to leave. Paul is just not waiting around anymore in NO. Guarantee David West told him he was not coming back this season. Probably would of played out the year if West re-signed. And I have always viewed that Utah trade as a lose/lose for both teams. The Nets had tons of 1s for a reason.  We all know what Devin Harris is, Derrick Favors looked like Kwame Brown, and who knows how Good Enes Kanter will be on a team with Al Jefferson, Paul Milsap, and Favors there already. Again, the propaganda about Deron can begin. I get that. But I think it was well known he was not going to sign any extension at this time. Would you with the only player a worth a damn on the Team being Brook Lopez?????? Who else do they have right now that is not a role player?????    

Coming from one of the biggest Nets fans on this board, Deron made the right move. If he is willing to walk away from 40 million after this season to play for a contender if the Nets can't get another star, then Hats off to him.   Paul wants his money too.   Thats why he is demanding a trade.  He wants more the13 million the Knicks could offer him next summer. Cake and eat it too.

Originally Posted by VC3FAN

Again, the Deron Situation is $$$$$$$ Whether he leaves or not is a different story.

If the Nets were to make a deal for Dwight, Deron would still opt out. His contract extension is a 2 year 39 million dollar extension added to the final year of his current contract. He walks away from that and can make 101 million over 5 years with Brklyn or 4 years 74 million with another team.

Trust me, He would ask for a trade by now too if he was going to leave. Paul is just not waiting around anymore in NO. Guarantee David West told him he was not coming back this season. Probably would of played out the year if West re-signed.
David West isnt coming back because they dont want to pay him what he wants coming off a serious injury. and even if he came back NO is still garbage.

Zyzz, that is my point though. CP3 wants to sign a bigger extension than 13 mil.

Get out now to NYK and he can because then they can go over and give him the 5 year after the season. But he is close to West. West does not deserve more than a one year deal anyway with the surgery.

^ lol you don't wanna wait a couple days before the season when more rosters are finalized?

Back
Top Bottom