☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

Chauncey Billups going to rot on the bench  
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I've always found ranking players against each other like that to be a waste... I usually rank by tiers.

Paul and Williams are both on the elite level.

No hate intended by this statement, but despite the Clippers being one of the most athletic teams in the league, they're still far from contenders..Realistically speaking, when was the last time a team that had more athleticism than experience/veteran leadership win a title?

Phoenix Suns-Great regular season team, never made it to the Finals because they kept losing to the veteran Spurs
Thunder-They're on the cusp of a title run, no doubt about it..But they lost to the veteran Mavs last season despite being the faster, more athletic team
Miami Heat- They're obviously gonna be a perennial NBA Title contender for many years, but they also lost to a veteran team despite arguably having 2 of the top 3 most athletic guys in the league.
Denver- Had one of the most consistently athletic teams in the league year after year..Their defense isn't great but they had the speed and scoring to hang with almost any team (before they lost Carmelo)..They never made it to an NBA Finals either

Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely happy for Clippers' fans..As a life long Knicks fan, I've dealt with a lot of trash squads and when we finally made the playoffs, it did feel pretty good despite the 1st round loss...But that feeling of "I'd rather be a 1 n done playoff team than not make the playoffs at all!" goes away REALLY quick..Clippers fans might be happy for the time being but unless the Clippers staff can do a good job at building around CP3 and Blake, they're not ever making a finals appearance.

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

i'm telling y'all, the clippers won

paul
billups/foye
butler
griffin
jordan

they got bread to sign another big man.

They also got Mo Williams who can come off the bench or trade him.

paul
billups/foye
butler
griffin
jordan

Billups at SG though? 
ohwell.gif

They need to move Mo Will and get a real SG. Go after Nick Young or Crawford. Bring Billups off the bench behind CP3.

They only won for this season though. We all know NO wasn't and shouldn't have been trying to get assets to continue to make the playoffs. I just don't feel CP3 stays. He wants to win a championship now, not have an exciting team that'll remain 2nd place in their own city.

Originally Posted by tim teufel

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by tim teufel

I'll take cp3 out of the two,he is more the traditional type pg that makes a team better.deron is just a better scorer
Chris Paul has averaged more PPG in his career than Williams....but Williams is the better scorer.  Right. 

And it's no knock on Williams because he runs a team DAMN well...u just got your facts wrong. 

So you"re saying deron runs a team better than Paul? Like I said I'd take cp3 over him any day.
I think its a lot closer than people think. CP3's stats are way better because he's played in a system where he literally drives everything. It's a PG system. I don't know why everyone ignored the fact that Darren Collison stepped in and averaged almost 20 and 10 after CP went down his rookie year. Deron's been in the opposite situation playing in Utah. There's a lot of ball movement, he comes off screens, he didn't handle the ball 90% of the time. As a Net, he's gotten the chance to completely run the team and his stats jumped way up. His scoring was down because of his injured wrist (FG% was way down, 27% from 3
sick.gif
) but his assists were way up (12.8 apg with a weak cast). I think it's a coin flip though, I'm not saying Deron's better.

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

paul
billups/foye
butler
griffin
jordan

Billups at SG though? 
ohwell.gif

They need to move Mo Will and get a real SG. Go after Nick Young or Crawford. Bring Billups off the bench behind CP3.
Not a bad idea. Mo Williams stays losing though.
Clippers better hope that knee is completely healed and CP3 is as aggressive as he was in the playoffs and not how he was in the regular season.

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

paul
billups/foye
butler
griffin
jordan

Billups at SG though? 
ohwell.gif

i'm not comparing the two, but the mavs just successfully proved that team defense can win a title. they survived d whistle, kobe, and james harden.

again, i'm NOT throwing the clippers in the title discussion. but in reality, the SG isn't the cream of the NBA crop right now. and with DJ defending the basket, you can afford to play small.

i'm more worried about del negro messing things up than the players

New Orleans made out pretty well..Kaman isn't a great player but he's a decent Center..Aminu isn't bad either..So the size is there..Gordon is a great offensive player so he will be good for them (unless they can't keep him, which is very possible)..And with the looks of the 2012 Draft Class, the Hornets could end up with a GREAT player if they choose wisely. Their future is bright but only God knows if Gordon will stay, which is the X factor in this situation..And to the people that say that the Clippers got robbed, all I gotta say is 
laugh.gif
. Those same Clippers pieces couldn't make the playoffs with one of the best Forwards in the league on their team..You think they're doing work on the Hornets with less of a supporting cast? I'll be shocked if the Hornets win more than 25 games out of 66

Originally Posted by krazy88s

C. Billups can still be waived, just not traded.
Woj just tweeted that they aren't gonna waive him. Mo Will or Bledsoe have to be on the way out. How much cap space do the Clips have right now?

Hard for me to believe that the Clippers make some serious noise this year. 
Not a full off-season and its already hard on teams that didn't make moves. Imagine how it will be adding these new players. I'm sure Paul will adapt a little quicker with Griffin and Jordan, but gotta see if it result in wins.

Also, the Clippers need a defensive SG that can shoot. They don't need another scorer. No need for them to go after Jamal Crawford. 

If they have any money left, try and get Afflalo or someone else of his caliber.

Back
Top Bottom