☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

laugh.gif
Yeah, I'm the clown who realizes that a Dallas Mavericks first-round draft pick is useless... Right.

And that the Houston Rockets are a Playoff team, yeah.
laugh.gif

I may make bold statements, but I'm definitely not no Doo-clown.

Talks between the Orland Magic and New Jersey Nets for a Dwight Howard blockbuster trade have gathered momentum over the past several days, and the framework of a possible four-team deal has taken shape, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

No deal was imminent, but several league sources said talks were entering a crucial time, and the Nets were trying to get the proposal’s complex framework completed in the near future. Magic GM Otis Smith has been working with King on the possible deal.
Link

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

laugh.gif
Yeah, I'm the clown who realizes that a Dallas Mavericks first-round draft pick is useless... Right.

laugh.gif

Like I always said about the Odom trade, and the pick.
Orlando didnt want to trade for more or Equal salary salary unless it was Bynum and Gasol coming back.  Heck even  the NBA/ New Orleans knows they cant take back Odom. While the pick wasn't Odom's value, it helps, cause you dont have to sell a team on taking 20 million in salary. Realistically, was Orlando ever going to take back Odom in a trade? Was the NBA ever gone take Odom back in a trade? NO had concerns after that Thursday twitter meltdown.
Houston being the 4 seed with Nene out west wasn't that far fetched. Young legs, and good talent. But not having Nene shouldn't keep them out the playoffs.
Since you are talking so much about playoffs who are your playoff teams? here is mine as the teams currently stand
Lakers
Clippers
Spurs
Mavs
Rockets
Portland
Memphis
OKC
The order as of right now is to be determined.
There is no one on the market for Denver, and NO to significantly improve themselves to get back
Utah could click, but they could also trade the vets they have.
Golden State hasn't made a move, and Mark Jackson will be worse than Keith Smart was, but he will play Steph.....
Phoenix? Robin Lopez, and Gortat could be a very good front court on D, but they still will have to play guys like Channing Frye,  Shannon Brown, and Josh Childress
Hey that's my opinion. Though.
Your turn Doink
wink.gif

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Orlando didnt want to trade for more or Equal salary salary unless it was Bynum and Gasol coming back.  Heck even  the NBA/ New Orleans knows they cant take back Odom. While the pick wasn't Odom's value, it helps, cause you dont have to sell a team on taking 20 million in salary. Realistically, was Orlando ever going to take back Odom in a trade? Was the NBA ever gone take Odom back in a trade? NO had concerns after that Thursday twitter meltdown.
Houston being the 4 seed with Nene out west wasn't that far fetched. Young legs, and good talent. But not having Nene shouldn't keep them out the playoffs.
Since you are talking so much about playoffs who are your playoff teams? here is mine as the teams currently stand
Lakers
Clippers
Spurs
Mavs
Rockets
Portland
Memphis
OKC
There is no one on the market for Denver, and NO to significantly improve themselves to get back
Golden State hasn't made a move, and Mark Jackson will be worse than Keith Smart was, but he will play Steph.....
Phoenix? Robin Lopez, and Gortat could be a very good front court on D, but they still will have to play guys like Channing Frye,  Shannon Brown, and Josh Childress
Your turn Doink
wink.gif
But you said the Mavs season last year was a fluke

Originally Posted by hpscots0906

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Lakers
Clippers
Spurs
Mavs
Rockets
Portland
Memphis
OKC
Your turn Doink
wink.gif
Winning the title= fluke. Getting to the playoffs? The norm.

Shaq is funny, but I actually think he will suck on NBATV or whatever and much prefer Chris Webber. His basketball knowledge outside of himself is lacking, voice is monotone, they should just have him do field interviews. He would excel in that, but I don't want to see Shaq trying to explain x's and o's of other teams. He already had a huge misfire talking about how CP3 hasn't lead the Hornets to the playoffs.

I kind of want Cp3 to stay in New Orleans.

I FAR from side with the owners, but I agree it's *****made to sign long term contracts so you can get the most possible, then have the nerves to demand/force your way out and even try to dictate where to. Players have the built in leverage in the threat of them becoming a malcontent and disruption to the locker room or just not playing due to phantom injuries (word to Nick Van Exel and his "elbow" and every Cavs player giving up 20 games in last season). Plus I don't want to see him go to a team in the West.

Lakers
Clippers
Spurs
Mavs
Rockets
Portland
Memphis
OKC
Your turn Doink
wink.gif
How can you say it was a fluke though? They won the title, what more concrete proof does there need to be?

The original plan was to get Dwight and if that failed, sign Nene. We'd still have a real solid squad. Right now, Otis is being stubborn with Dwight and we literally have no PFs on the roster. Pre-season is in a couple days and we have no PF!

Guess it's time to resign Kris Kardash...I mean, Humphries.

How can you say it was a fluke though? They won the title, what more concrete proof does there need to be?

I dunno about 'fluke' but I can understand one argument...  I love the Mavs but the best comparison is the '08 Giants.  They had a talented but not stellar team that hit its peak (or went beyond its peak) at exactly the right time.  They'll be good next year but they're not automatic title favorites because they're far from the most talented team in the league and they could easily revert to the norm (playoffs, first or second round exit).
Only real thing you can expect to stay consistent about that team is Dirk carrying them on his back year in, year out.  The other guys have always been incredibly inconsistent (looking at you, Jason Terry)

mavs suck

and cp3 kobe bynum would be ill, i believe bynum has way more potential then people think

Originally Posted by 10027

I dunno about 'fluke' but I can understand one argument...  I love the Mavs but the best comparison is the '08 Giants.  They had a talented but not stellar team that hit its peak (or went beyond its peak) at exactly the right time.  They'll be good next year but they're not automatic title favorites because they're far from the most talented team in the league and they could easily revert to the norm (playoffs, first or second round exit).
Only real thing you can expect to stay consistent about that team is Dirk carrying them on his back year in, year out.  The other guys have always been incredibly inconsistent (looking at you, Jason Terry)

Its not even that just Terry, and Marion playing like they did in their primes. That's to be expected in the finals especially. It was a combination of getting every matchup.LA on its last legs? No Memphis or even San Antonio? And those series being exclusively based on matchups.  They avoided every bad matchup they could have gotten.

Its just my opinion but they are the most flawed team to win a title in the past 30 years.
They are the most flawed team to win a title in the past 30 years. To me that qualifies as a fluke.
I like Dirk, like a lot of the guys on their team. Don't think you can quantify having a group of vets who are desperate for a title, and play their +$%++ off to win. But the bottom line is that 3 of the teams they played beat themselves.
ohwell.gif

They wont win 40 games this year.

Another thing that bothered me is the all time PF discussions guys like Japan, CP, Pmatic etc had this summer. If the guy was better than Karl Malone, he was better than Karl before he won the title. That playoff run to the finals wasn't better than either of Karl's. While I think Dirk is specifically better than Karl having a title doesn't elevate him as much as we want to think. I'm taking Barkley's prime over anything Dirk does. Even if Barkley doesn't do it. That's my personal opinion, but its indicative of what I felt about last year basketball wise.

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

Forgot Humphries was still o0ut there. Surprised no one snatched him up. Lakers should have

Dude is about to get 8 mil from NJ...

Blazers entering the NJ/Orld talks.  Would send G Wallace to Orld, and get multiple first round picks in return, clearing space to sign Jamal Crawford for 2/10.  D12 goes to NJ, Brook goes back to Orld, plus all the other nothing peices.  Orld gets Wallace and Lopez and whatever else for Dwight. 

This stuff needs to get done already.  I hope it doesn't hang over the league all year long.  The Melo deal was bad enough, having 2 deals like that would be insane. 

This thread is 300 pages, the season don't even start for a week and a half. 
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Blazers entering the NJ/Orld talks.  Would send G Wallace to Orld, and get multiple first round picks in return, clearing space to sign Jamal Crawford for 2/10.  D12 goes to NJ, Brook goes back to Orld, plus all the other nothing peices.  Orld gets Wallace and Lopez and whatever else for Dwight. 

This stuff needs to get done already.  I hope it doesn't hang over the league all year long.  The Melo deal was bad enough, having 2 deals like that would be insane. 

This thread is 300 pages, the season don't even start for a week and a half. 
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Best and worst offseason ever
laugh.gif

I initially said the Nets offer sucked, and it's probably not the best... but just take it.

If I'm Orlando I want young player(s), picks, cap relief for this year and the future. The fans will not be pleased at just Brook Lopez, but oh well. It will be a lot better if you can get him and shed Duhon and Hedo and get some picks too.

Dwight will not stay. The team is severely limited in who they can trade for and I can't imagine the team is good enough this year to convince him to stay. The problem I see is if they bring in Wallace and Lopez that they're going to try to compete now. That's a recipe for 7th in the East for the next few years if they go that route. Get rid of what you can, get picks, start losing, and hope to get high picks and rebuild.

Calling talks between the Nets and Magic "ongoing" but not imminent, Marc Stein and Chad Ford report the "most active" proposal that the Nets and Magic are engaged in would send Gerald Wallace from the Trail Blazers to Orlando with Brook Lopez. In addition to Dwight Howard and Hedo Turkoglu, the Nets would also take on the contract of Chris Duhon from Orlando.

Back
Top Bottom