Zoom Kobe 8 system NikeID thread ***NO SET DATE (yet) WHEN THESE WILL BE TAKEN DOWN***

iDs came out great vote4anh. Quick turn-around time makes me want to order right away.

Has anyone done the Chaos with the atomic teal or poison green in place of the volt? Hate that the volt is somewhat transparent on the swoosh.

I saw these on the other site, they actually look pretty dope. I was tempted to get them, but ordered a Plat. colorway and a orange poison green Kobe instead

iDs came out great vote4anh. Quick turn-around time makes me want to order right away.

Has anyone done the Chaos with the atomic teal or poison green in place of the volt? Hate that the volt is somewhat transparent on the swoosh.
Thanks and I agree! I think it was fast because they had new patterns with the Blue Coral's and trying to push these out faster.

I did do a mock up with Chaos with poison green, but just felt it won't be a Chaos anymore. The volt on the swoosh isn't that bad and I actually like it.

Finally got to see my ID's in person.  They are in memory of one of my childhood friends.  She was kind of like a bigger sister to me, we used to spend the summers playing ball, chilling, and playing video games.  The color scheme is mainly green because she liked nature and trees.  The grey is to represent the blacktops we used to play basketball on.  

Her initials are on the side, and can be faintly seen in the last picture.  The tongue ID (not pictured) is "Hobo" on the left shoe and "Dani" on the right shoe.  Together, it reads "Hobo Dani", which was her screenname on Runescape, the game we both played.  Below are a few shots of the shoe.

Always cool to hear some back stories and inspirations for iDs, especially when meaningful. Glad they came out how you wanted them to fam!

Dope iD GaussWho........

I need to do more meaningful iDs. A lot of mine are just inspired by other kicks.

Last edited:
yeah that was cool how you tie in the design to your childhood memory of her. Great momento that will last for years. Would be cool if you made her a pair too. The pattern, though i'm not a fan of, kinda have that nature vibe to it.

Nice design. Me personally, that would look so dope with clear translucent sole or red trans sole but obviously that would not make it true to the inspiration.

If you like, fire away man!

I want to see some real pics before I pull the trigger on the black/grey upper... I have a feeling it will look much lighter in person. Will set those mlks off nice if so.

I want to see some real pics before I pull the trigger on the black/grey upper... I have a feeling it will look much lighter in person. Will set those mlks off nice if so.
I looking forward to see some of the newer uppers from people that ordered them in general when they dropped on 4/30.
Nice design. Me personally, that would look so dope with clear translucent sole or red trans sole but obviously that would not make it true to the inspiration.

I agree it would take away the inspiration for the MLK
Thinking about doing these next.....MLK V inspired. Thoughts?

Nice!

^I'm also very curious to see how this black/grey upper will turn out.  I really want to make these.  A little boring maybe, but I want a pretty clean, simple pair that I can hoop in.  Inspiration comes from Nike Sparq training series:

Last edited:
At least you won't have to worry about yellowing soles lol. Those look nice though. I am gonna use some paint markers on the tongue logo for the platinum/black/red pair I ordered. Make it pop a little, but obviously im getting a little ahead of myself since I just ordered on Saturday hahah

Always cool to hear some back stories and inspirations for iDs, especially when meaningful. Glad they came out how you wanted them to fam!
Thank you for the kind words.
Dope iD GaussWho........

I need to do more meaningful iDs. A lot of mine are just inspired by other kicks.
Thanks.  I figured that since everyone else was doing ID's based off other popular shoes, I would go a different route.  When I first saw this upper, I knew that it wasn't "perfect", but I could definitely make something out of it.
yeah that was cool how you tie in the design to your childhood memory of her. Great momento that will last for years. Would be cool if you made her a pair too. The pattern, though i'm not a fan of, kinda have that nature vibe to it.
Thank you.

I wish I could make her a pair.  I thought I wrote that I made the ID "In memory of her."  She died in 2009 from cervical cancer and kidney disease at the age of 19.  It was and still is very saddening.

At least you won't have to worry about yellowing soles lol. Those look nice though. I am gonna use some paint markers on the tongue logo for the platinum/black/red pair I ordered. Make it pop a little, but obviously im getting a little ahead of myself since I just ordered on Saturday hahah
Haha that was exactly my thinking!  I thought about the plain translucent sole, but I figured I could combat the yellowing with the volt sole instead.

The tongue logo on iDs is pretty boring... if you've got a steady hand, why not try and customize?  Looking forward to seeing some of these pairs

I agree with the change on the sole. Wishing for a translucent green option but oh well.

Lmao, I definitely am waiting for some other iDs to trickle in first before I pull the trigger but I'm getting antsy. We have probably another 2-3 weeks before we see others with the new uppers trickling in.

Love my chaos pair. Could care less if everyone ID'd a pair. One of my favorite kobe colorway. Probably gonna ID another pair for later down the road.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom