• V

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • VI

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • VII

• Total voters
No credit cards for me but I do have around 15k in student loans that I need to pay off :x :x :x

But back to the shoes, these Prelude 7s are a MUST for me this weekend. I know I have no chance manually so I'm gonna have to go with an ATC service :\. Hopefully that can come through for me like it did with the 2s.

Last edited:
No credit cards for me but I do have around 15k in student loans that I need to pay off :x :x :x

But back to the shoes, these Prelude 7s are a MUST for me this weekend. I know I have no chance manually so I'm gonna have to go with an ATC service :\. Hopefully that can come through for me like it did with the 2s.
I dont think ATC has any chances either unless they use EL but hey good luck! :smile:

Glad to see some people doing good with money management, I make about 60K a year and $250 a week is a lot. My goal for this year is to slow down more on the sneaker purchases and do maybe 1 pair every 2 months. It's hard when Nike comes out of the blue with some crazy stuff. Or when I see a great deal online. So far with the upcoming releases that have been posted, I think I'll be good. Next ones I want are the BHM LeBrons.

Interesting perspectives...refreshing. I always wondered if people I know/see with big "collections" lifestyles matched up.  No point in having a bunch of shoes and clothes but your ribs are touching.  I missed on a lot of releases because I couldn't afford them and its hurts but the pain fades.  Good thing about people buying shoes that they really can't afford tho is that they get desperate and end up liquidating...best way to come up in this harsh, harsh sellers market!

Has anyone come across any fakes/gm pairs yet?
I just dont want to have to pay these high reseller prices just to get a fake pair :x

I think this pack won't have any fakes or replicas if you ask me, seems like every shoe is TOO detailed and unique for a fake to squeak by. May be wrong, just an opinion.

Interesting perspectives...refreshing. I always wondered if people I know/see with big "collections" lifestyles matched up.  No point in having a bunch of shoes and clothes but your ribs are touching.  I missed on a lot of releases because I couldn't afford them and its hurts but the pain fades.  Good thing about people buying shoes that they really can't afford tho is that they get desperate and end up liquidating...best way to come up in this harsh, harsh sellers market!
Bruh you copy my avy :smh:

:lol:

All this saving money talk on a prelude forum cmon they shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence. Lol I'm jk I'm in college while I work part time. As long as my bills are paid for I spend money pretty freely especially when it comes to sneakers. But I separate my must haves from wants personally (ex.. Must have = prelude pack, gamma 11s, and wants = gamma 12, taxi 12, etc.) I usually don't like to pay 300+ for a pair of shoes only time I did that before the prelude was when copping the Xmas kobe 8 on release day last year. But like someone mentioned earlier 500 is a lot to pay for a pair of sneakers but if you got a couple extra pairs that you are not in love with just sell em to fund what you like instead of spending new money. Like I'm going to have to sell a couple pairs of GR kobe 8 and a pair of J's to fund the 1s and 4s if I can find a decent deal for both

Last edited:
he probably meant like a good grey market fake, not some Fugazi lookin joints
laugh.gif
roll.gif

you see some of those WTK fakes? Them joints charles barkley turrible. 
laugh.gif

I think this pack won't have any fakes or replicas if you ask me, seems like every shoe is TOO detailed and unique for a fake to squeak by. May be wrong, just an opinion.
I think eventually they'll pop up, but I agree that they're too detailed to perfect. I think the fakes will be fairly easy to spot when they pop up. 

Nike got us (the sneaker community) brainwashed with these limited kicks if we are saying $500 is not a lot of $$$ for kicks... Regardless of what you make, how many pairs you gotta trade to equal $500 etc etc... $500 is crazy for a pair of sneakers.

Nike got us (the sneaker community) brainwashed with these limited kicks if we are saying $500 is not a lot of $$$ for kicks... Regardless of what you make, how many pairs you gotta trade to equal $500 etc etc... $500 is crazy for a pair of sneakers.
after tax retail is 225 so 500 is not that outlandish is all I'm saying

500 is crazy for a pair of shoes. But some shoes that you can get now for 500 you can end up reselling down the line for double or triple or at worse even out depending what the shoe is

I spent 500$ on the Patent leather AJ 1s from FC.. My all time favorite shoe,had them when i was 12.. Bought fakes all the way up til i was 17 before i gave up.. Finally pulled the trigger on the FC rape because my Collection would have never been completely without those particular pair of Shoes.. Take away every pair i owe.. But jus leave my 1s.. 500$ for my Childhood memories all in a pair of shoes was not that Big of a deal after looking for those shoes for sooooo Long..

$500 is definitely a lot to pay for sneakers. I spend a good amount in general on kicks, but this whole Prelude pack of week after week of $220+ (more if you have to pay resale) is definitely not the norm for me. A $500 resale tag would've been an unthinkable amount for me to pay 3-4 years ago unless it was for some hyperstrike or PE type of shoe. I know things are a lot different now, but before 2010-2011, I could probably count on one hand the number of times I spent over $250 on one pair of shoes.

Back
Top Bottom