Zipcar San Francisco?

Anybody use this zipcar service? I'll be living in SF for my internship for about 3 months and it seems like a good way to have a car but not worry about paying for a parking spot, gas, insurance, or a lease etc. $125/month gets you about 17 driving hours (up to 180 miles a day free) to use, with a rollover option if you end up not using them all. If there are cars close by seems like it'd be good for dates, or trips to the grocery to buy a lot of stuff. The biggest caveat is that you have to return the car to the location you picked it up from. Even the $250/month option seems good considering what my friends tell me they pay for their parking spots at their apartments.

zipcar is great for getting groceries or running certain errands but you really think you need to use it that much at $125/month? id grab the minimum use price.

When I lived in SF a few years ago, I used Zipcar quite a few times. I don't remember the service having monthly fees - just an annual fee, which was less than $125.00. You just pay as you want to use the vehicle. Great option to have in SF!

I think you can just pay the annual membership fee, then pay to rent the car hourly (8 bucks I think) if you don't plan on driving much.

Back
Top Bottom