Your Top 3 Most Mis-Managed Artist..........

Originally Posted by Young Handsome

Some of these artist you guys are listing aren't even mis-managed, they're just lazy or arent good enough to blow...

Juelz Santana is lazy.he didnt capitalize with three singles, each with a feature... (C Brown, Yelawolf, Weezy) thats on him.
Joe Budden wasnt gonna blow regardless of his situation...
Sombody mentioned Christina Millian... S.O.S by Rihanna was intended for her, but she didn't like it... song became #1. Rihanna took her place.

sidenote: Alot of "these type of artists" should follow the Curren$y blueprint... "Im independent, !%+$ yo system... ill get paid without it."
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Fam i highly doubt Juelz wants to trade careers with currency and im a fan of his. Same with Joe, dudes got to realize that everyone can't be Kanye big in the rap game. Joe & the rest of slaughterhouse is doing quite well, and i completely believe that after this group album Joe is going to be the biggest he's ever been

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

M.I.A.
Nah.
If she was 'managed' right a lot of her appeal would be lost and her music might not be as good. She's fine where she is.
i think she has enough artistic integrity to stay afloat...i mean, it's not like she's hurtin for money now or anything...i think her last album should've been a lot bigger, but she didn't get the play she deserved...i guess we'll see now since she's managed by Roc Nation...

Originally Posted by tyisny

Some of these artist you guys are listing aren't even mis-managed, they're just lazy or arent good enough to blow...

Juelz Santana is lazy.he didnt capitalize with three singles, each with a feature... (C Brown, Yelawolf, Weezy) thats on him.
Sombody mentioned Christina Millian... S.O.S by Rihanna was intended for her, but she didn't like it... song became #1. Rihanna took her place.

sidenote: Alot of "these type of artists" should follow the Curren$y blueprint... "Im independent, !%+$ yo system... ill get paid without it."
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Fam i highly doubt Juelz wants to trade careers with currency and im a fan of his. Same with Joe, dudes got to realize that everyone can't be Kanye big in the rap game. Joe & the rest of slaughterhouse is doing quite well, and i completely believe that after this group album Joe is going to be the biggest he's ever been

I mentioned Curren$y but that was more so for artist who was actually mis-managed. Juelz is where he at because of Juelz.

Joe Budden will never pop off. He need to become a school teacher or sumthin.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I mentioned Curren$y but that was more so for artist who was actually mis-managed. Juelz is where he at because of Juelz.

Joe Budden will never pop off. He need to become a school teacher janitor or sumthin.

Originally Posted by LiquidCREAM

Joe Budden will never pop off. He need to become a school teacher janitor or sumthin.
How many janitors you know that can do this?  

Originally Posted by FlacoBey

1. Jay Electronica
2. Blu

I agree with this list and its painful because hands down these two are top 5 talents in regards to young or newer rappers IMO.

Originally Posted by Falcon4567

Kenna
YESSSSSSSSS
And practically everyone in that Star Trak imprint. (Chester French, Robin Thicke, Fam Lay, Natasha Ramos, etc. etc. etc.)

Everyone has talent, NATURAL talent at that. But it's like management doesn't really exist here. 

All excitement in the beginning, and yes, they do get to release albums, but it dies off eventually... Now, they got Chris Cab to sign. He's pretty cool, but I hope he doesn't fall under the "ideas that never come to fruition" bin this label has.

Originally Posted by Antidope

Originally Posted by ninjahood

jrwriter-723726.jpg

when it was their chance to bat, da dipset inter beef was tearing da crew at da seams.....

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 Please stop it. This is the one thing about the Dipset movement that annoyed me. It was so strong that lames like these 2 and 40 Cal were praised as being nice. Mr. "I had one flow for 8 years" Writer.... All his verses were the exact same "Its the writer of writers, the fighter of fighters, the slider of sliders, cross me you'll be the lifer of lifers"
indifferent.gif
 8 years of this..... Hell Rell was marginal at best, Killa Cams greatness really made up for all their shortcomings and soon people just turned into zombies and riding with it simply cause it was The Dips.
I'm a Writer fan and this had me
roll.gif

Anyways:
Star Trak artists
Curren$y I guess but I like the route he's taken
pimp.gif

Lil B
Jay Elect
tired.gif

Young Dro
tired.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by CaptainKicks

Originally Posted by Antidope

Originally Posted by ninjahood

jrwriter-723726.jpg

when it was their chance to bat, da dipset inter beef was tearing da crew at da seams.....

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 Please stop it. This is the one thing about the Dipset movement that annoyed me. It was so strong that lames like these 2 and 40 Cal were praised as being nice. Mr. "I had one flow for 8 years" Writer.... All his verses were the exact same "Its the writer of writers, the fighter of fighters, the slider of sliders, cross me you'll be the lifer of lifers"
indifferent.gif
 8 years of this..... Hell Rell was marginal at best, Killa Cams greatness really made up for all their shortcomings and soon people just turned into zombies and riding with it simply cause it was The Dips.
I'm a Writer fan and this had me
roll.gif

Anyways:
Star Trak artists
Curren$y I guess but I like the route he's taken
pimp.gif

Lil B
Jay Elect
tired.gif

Young Dro
tired.gif
tired.gif
With Lil' B it is a tough situation. He does want a big label backing him eventually, but he wants complete artist control, which pretty much won't happen if you sign to a major (when you do, they end up owning your whole catalog I believe, which is very extensive for B". It's good that he has full control and can drop a project whenever he wants, but my only issue is that it needs to be a bit more strategic. The last 6 months he's been flooding us with music
laugh.gif
I personally don't mind, but for other people, they don't have enough time in between projects to process the last one. Which sucks because he is really popular in the underground scene, and well known in the mainstream scene, but not completely on like that to where he is a house hold name. Which also is kinda bad because sooo many artist bite some of his style and either get famous off it or get away with it (ASAP, Soulja, Kreyshawn, Odd Future, Riff Raff, Rick Ross, Pusha T, Ocean Gang, Chief Keef) The list goes on. So I dunno, it will be interesting to see what he does with his position, while simultaneously trying to fend off the biters.

Back
Top Bottom