Your Next Vacation Destination.....?

@DCAllAfrican So apparently the Black people that are here are not Greek, they’re very very few Black Greeks. Most are Africans or foreigners. But Imma go kick with them foreigners tomorrow. :lol:
Athens is an interesting place. I lived there for a month. I can't remember the name of the square but that's where all the African foreigners would be playing the drums and dancing. I can't remember the name of the spot but it had some of the best calamari I ever had. In general they have good sea food selections. There's a strip that has a bunch of clubs and lounges that you've probably found already.

Athens is an interesting place. I lived there for a month. I can't remember the name of the square but that's where all the African foreigners would be playing the drums and dancing. I can't remember the name of the spot but it had some of the best calamari I ever had. In general they have good sea food selections. There's a strip that has a bunch of clubs and lounges that you've probably found already.
if its the same strip im thinking of, there's a cuban, jamaican and even mexican themed bars

if its the same strip im thinking of, there's a cuban, jamaican and even mexican themed bars
Nah I know where you're talking about though. There was a Palestinian hookah lounge I used to frequent in that area.This strip was more towards the central part of the city I want to say Monastiraki but I can't remember for certain.

Just got back from visiting my folks down in El Salvador. It was my first time down there since 2014. Currently if you're vaccinated you don't have to take a test to come into the country.

Since I was little this view has always been one of my favorite parts of a trip to El Salvador.

tempImageBlpoZS.png

We went to lago Coatepeque for a few days. It's crazy how much the weather can change with only a 30 minute car ride, while the rest of the country is super hot, around here it was very cool. It reminded me of Seattle nights in September .

1.jpg

Had a great time sippin and smoking sicks with my old man.
2.jpg

We hit up El Tunco which is the Surf Capital of El Salvador. The country is definitely investing tons of money in this area trying to bring in tourism.

3.jpg

On 9/7, Bitcoin became a legal tender in El Salvador. Every citizen received $30 dollars worth of bitcoin if they downloaded the Chivo app. This is a Bitcoin ATM, I saw it at the airport as I was departing to come back to the US.
4.jpg

Overall it was a great trip. Excited to get back.

Last edited:
Come out and visit us here in Colorado. We'd love to have you visit and the mountains this time of the year are gorgeous.

Ant cities in particular you'd recommend? I'm thinking of going early next year and heavily leaning towards Colorado

Ant cities in particular you'd recommend? I'm thinking of going early next year and heavily leaning towards Colorado

Denver is great but the mountain towns are the best part of this state. Breckenridge, Vail, and Telluride are my favorites. You can't go wrong with any of the mountain towns. Great people, beautiful scenery and plenty of outdoor activities to do.

Denver is great but the mountain towns are the best part of this state. Breckenridge, Vail, and Telluride are my favorites. You can't go wrong with any of the mountain towns. Great people, beautiful scenery and plenty of outdoor activities to do.

of the mountain towns what’s you’re favorite for ski?

of the mountain towns what’s you’re favorite for ski?

Breck is probably the biggest "town" on a ski area, but I personally don't love Breck. Lot of traversing and crossing to get to other areas.

Crested Butte is a cool little town and nice skiing, if you like steeper stuff. The blues are kind of weak but if you go all the way to the top its gnarly af.

For more expensive luxury options, Aspen has great skiing but not cheap town. Similar for Telluride. Telluride has a cool original downtown.

Steamboat is cool too. Only a single ski area (like Crested Butte) but not as expensive or far. Vail is a huge ski Area and a little faux European village, still fairly swanky.

You could also stay in Silverthorne / Frisco / Dillon, which is the biggest "town" (3 small towns combined basically). That would allow you to ski at multiple different areas such as Breck one day, Keystone another, A Basin, Copper, etc.

If you're looking for the best skiing, I'd probably say Aspen. 4 mountains, but Highlands and Snowmass are bad ***. Very steep at Highlands, and Snowmass is huge w a bunch of different terrain. Vail is even bigger, but less steep areas and not super close to any other ski resorts besides Beaver Creek, which is actually pretty steep and has some great spots and super luxurious. Beaver Creek tradition is to hand out warn chocolate chip cookies at the bottom of the base every day at 330pm. Long day of shredding right to a silver platter of warm cookies 🔥

What are you trying to get into? Denver is the "big" city on the plains, at the base of the foothills.
I see, definitely wanted to do those tours around the mountains and other nature tours. Just wasn't sure how available that was in Denver compared to other cities. My main motivation was just seeing nature, oppose to what I'm typically looking at in NYC

Guess Denver would be best since I still want to try a bunch of food spots while I'm out there. Might even consider going to a Nuggets game. Seems like a perfect balance

I see, definitely wanted to do those tours around the mountains and other nature tours. Just wasn't sure how available that was in Denver compared to other cities. My main motivation was just seeing nature, oppose to what I'm typically looking at in NYC

Guess Denver would be best since I still want to try a bunch of food spots while I'm out there. Might even consider going to a Nuggets game. Seems like a perfect balance

You can still do day trips from Denver. But the later you go, the more winter it'll be. Summer pretty much done as the leaves are already changing at higher elevation.

Denver has some cool spots, prob not anything nearly as unique as NYC tho. Mexican is 🔥

Breck is probably the biggest "town" on a ski area, but I personally don't love Breck. Lot of traversing and crossing to get to other areas.

Crested Butte is a cool little town and nice skiing, if you like steeper stuff. The blues are kind of weak but if you go all the way to the top its gnarly af.

For more expensive luxury options, Aspen has great skiing but not cheap town. Similar for Telluride. Telluride has a cool original downtown.

Steamboat is cool too. Only a single ski area (like Crested Butte) but not as expensive or far. Vail is a huge ski Area and a little faux European village, still fairly swanky.

You could also stay in Silverthorne / Frisco / Dillon, which is the biggest "town" (3 small towns combined basically). That would allow you to ski at multiple different areas such as Breck one day, Keystone another, A Basin, Copper, etc.

If you're looking for the best skiing, I'd probably say Aspen. 4 mountains, but Highlands and Snowmass are bad ***. Very steep at Highlands, and Snowmass is huge w a bunch of different terrain. Vail is even bigger, but less steep areas and not super close to any other ski resorts besides Beaver Creek, which is actually pretty steep and has some great spots and super luxurious. Beaver Creek tradition is to hand out warn chocolate chip cookies at the bottom of the base every day at 330pm. Long day of shredding right to a silver platter of warm cookies 🔥
Def referencing this if I ever make the trip out. I wanna see what’s good w/ Idaho ski too

About to leave NYC. Was here for 3-4 days. I would’ve thought Manhattan would’ve been more diverse. Place full of Gen Z. But the overall experience was good. I know in the future if I ever come back, I’m not staying near time square.

I’m currently in Germany visiting Hitler’s vacation home. Is it #NTravels or #NTtravels? :nerd:

frida kahlo museum
Xochimilco ( get food and drinks prior to getting there)
piramides
coayacan neighborhood

tacos los 3 coyotes
esquina de chilaquiles
Azul Histórico
pujol

Nice! Pujol was the first place I tried to book but but no reservations during our stay, unfortunately. I’ll check out the other spots you listed. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom