Yooo, Kanye on Sway in the Morning. (updated)

When is an interviewer gonna ask..

Do you think your mom is proud of where you've come and what you have now?

Do you ever wish Donda was able to see her granddaughter?
or...
In Welcome to Heartbreak, you said "my friend showed me pictures of his kids and all I could show em was pictures of my cribs"

Now you have both. Don't you think you should take some time away from the spotlight to really experience life and not "Chase a better life and look back on things you missed"

... and watch kanye just break down. Dude is unstable. I can tell from the breakfast club interview when Charlemagne started pressing him on why he thinks Money = freedom and happiness Kanye started making up things he didn't really believe. His pauses and mannerisms tell me he definitely is trying to fill an emptiness somewhere. I know because I have the same issues.

View media item 669764

Last edited:
:lol: he was STILL that guy
have u not read stories about life before his passing

what are you talking about?

Why do you think he was ousted from apple? he was a bad manager. go read any account about the first time he left apple. brash, incredibly emotional.

kanye has got to find that right mix like Jobs did.
what are YOU talking about???
he was STILL an emotinal dude and would flash on people
there was an article posted here a while back aout how he was during the iphone R&D process and the week leading up to the announcement of it
also about how he would conduct interviews with people for jobs and be an *******

or...
In Welcome to Heartbreak, you said "my friend showed me pictures of his kids and all I could show em was pictures of my cribs"

Now you have both. Don't you think you should take some time away from the spotlight to really experience life and not "Chase a better life and look back on things you missed"

... and watch kanye just break down. Dude is unstable. I can tell from the breakfast club interview when Charlemagne started pressing him on why he thinks Money = freedom and happiness Kanye started making up things he didn't really believe. His pauses and mannerisms tell me he definitely is trying to fill an emptiness somewhere. I know because I have the same issues.

First question was asked after the taylor swift incident:

or...

I peeped that too. He's not happy. Idc what he says man. I dont blame him man, i truely believe if his mom was alive he would still be laid back, college dropout Ye

or...

I said dude is emotionally broken and this is before his moms passing, her passing must have really push his passion to the limits of where he is now, I'm hoping in due time North mellows the man down and calms the pain this man is obviously carrying and projecting the way he is.

Can someone explain to me how Pharrell is a fashion icon?

Not disagreeing, just wanna know why.

Ionno, Ice Cream has been and always was weak.

I **** with BBC, but mostly their more toned down pieces.

Palladium collabs is not relevant to me.

Couple of his LV accessories were dope.

His Moncler collab also not my taste.

So I don't really know if he's anymore of a fashion icon, but I don't think he's as influential as Kanye. I'm (me, myself) not saying Kanye is "iconic" but he might just be because people certainly try to mimic his style. I don't see that with Pharrell.

It took Nike, RL, etc, DECADES to build their empires.

Kanye wants what they have, but doesn't want to put in the time/effort.

10 years is not a long time and these fashion companies sure as hell aren't going to help him out...you think they want him getting a slice of their pie??

I seriously can't wait until this dudes life implodes, I'm sorry but I don't respect people who aren't humble about themselves.

Dude is seriously the most egotistical, illogical human-being I've ever seen.
True, but Nike owes #23 for being what they are now. Jordan's influence for Nike > Kanye's. He needs to sit his *** down on that matter.

Can someone explain to me how Pharrell is a fashion icon?

Not disagreeing, just wanna know why.

IMO.....I just think Pharrell didn't wear what was trending in hip-hop that made him stick out as someone different. I do give him credit for making BAPE huge before Weezy and others killed it. He definitely made the trucker hat hip in the hip hop community.

IMO, Pharrell was right there at the forefront of the full fledged sneaker boom as well.

Dude was rocking Dunks either before or right as they popped.

Put BAPE on the map to a certain extent. Clothing and sneakers. Kanye followed suit.

For what's it worth though, I don't look at either as a fashion icon.

Only rapper who's style I even checked for since Rakim was TI because he rocked the casual **** fresh and suited up fresh. Before he got on that hipster ****.

I don't see that with Pharrell.

What would Lil Wayne be right now without Skateboard P?

Pharrell was massively influential, probably even influenced Kanye quite a bit (Kanye was on that BAPE **** too), at one point. Just not as much today persay.

100% true. This is why I'm confused a bit as to why hes having so much trouble breaking into the high upscale fashion world.

Look at all these athletes, Nick young, russ westbrook, DWade, etc. All doing what kanye did dressing wisd

Being a marketing vehicle doesn't make you an actual designer.

Last edited:
there was an article posted here a while back aout how he was during the iphone R&D process and the week leading up to the announcement of it
also about how he would conduct interviews with people for jobs and be an *******

dude go read the jobs book. its was worse before he left.

do you think he was forced out for no reason? :lol:

he was NOT a good, CEO, not a good manager, he learned those skills running pixar.

10 years is not a long time and these fashion companies sure as hell aren't going to help him out...you think they want him getting a slice of their pie??

I seriously can't wait until this dudes life implodes, I'm sorry but I don't respect people who aren't humble about themselves.

True, but Nike owes #23 for being what they are now. Jordan's influence for Nike > Kanye's. He needs to sit his *** down on that matter.
you know for YEARS the nike air force 1 white on white is inone of the top spot of shoes sold for nike and not any jordan right
and stated in another thread
NO air jordan model has EVER outsold the nike air monarch

Last edited:
Pharrell's fashion resume is way bigger than Kanye's. Kanye might influence more people to do more things but Pharrell has done what Kanye wants to do in fashion.

Pharrell put bbc, bape on the map. Pharrell brought a certain style to people, he was the face of LV and designing for them way before Kanye was. You guys talking about LV kanye wests? DO you guys not remember millionaire LV sunglasses? Pharrell covers GQ, Vogue and all other magazines and is mentioned in actual runway shows in Paris amongst big names. Kanye just yaps about all of it and how he makes people wear stuff.

dude go read the jobs book. its was worse before he left.

do you think he was forced out for no reason? :lol:

he was NOT a good, CEO, not a good manager, he learned those skills running pixar.
bruh im not saying it wasnt
i agree with u on some parts
i think we just tryna get our points across
yes he was an *** before he left and after he came back
but his innovation and apple's lack of while he was gone made them over look it
apple was on the verge before he came back

i dont get it can u explain trent reznor's quote
you really don't understand what he said?

and i'd love to see his designs for adidas blow-up (in a good way). it'd be great to see kanye shoes sell massive amounts and have them stand on their own design-wise and not on some limited nike hype bs. i actually like the second yeezy - didn't like the first. will be interesting to see how much influence and talent he actually has when the steering wheel gets handed to him.

you know for YEARS the nike air force 1 white on white is inone of the top spot of shoes sold for nike and not any jordan right
and stated in another thread
NO air jordan model has EVER outsold the nike air monarch
I see what you're saying, but without Jordan, Nike isn't the global brand that it is. They took his model of how you can market an athlete and applied to Sampras, Agassi, Jackson, Gretsky, Hardaway, Williams, James. He laid the blueprint for that, you can't deny it. AF1 are the number one seller because of pricing point. I get that, I was speaking solely on cultural influence. 

i dont get it can u explain trent reznor's quote
you really don't understand what he said?

and i'd love to see his designs for adidas blow-up (in a good way). it'd be great to see kanye shoes sell massive amounts and have them stand on their own design-wise and not on some limited nike hype bs. i actually like the second yeezy - didn't like the first. will be interesting to see how much influence and talent he actually has when the steering wheel gets handed to him.
:lol: i mean i get it i just thought there was some DEEPER meaning
the way u quoted it had me googling the quote tryna find some underlying message :lol:

I don't understand Kanye at all after listening to his current interviews and he's repeated himself over and over. But at the end of the day I can understand how a rich black man could go crazy trying to venture into a avenue of a predominately white people. Eventho he's Kanye West they still see a *****.

With that said **** you Kanye first and foremost.

RELAX with that.  I ain't no Kanye stan and at the same time I been through some stuff and it got to a point where I was just buying stuff. When I got bored of that I'd buy something else to keep occupied. I mean difference between me and kanye is that we all self conscious, I'm just the first to admit it. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom