yo, i think its time nike really retro da Penny IV's right

The only ugly Penny sig. Well, now that the 5's are gonna come out, 1 of 2
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dankenstien88

"Right" is the key word.

The Penny IV is one of the most blatant examples of Nike cutting corners on retros.

Does anyone have comparison pics of the retro vs OG. Its a night and day difference between the two.
+1

Originally Posted by KingJay718

People's that attended the Penny event in las Vegas said that Nike claimed aid that models that the Penny IV were destroyed hence why you didn't seen them on display at the event.

I was there and when Gentry said that, I just wanted to smack him in the mouth. They JUST made a retro of them a couple of years ago.. with the digital graffit print on the side.

Also agree. If they come back they need to be done right. I remember the retros being on sale at WSS in LA for about $70 bucks but didnt wanna cop just cause they looked so off.

Last round of these were garbage. Not sure they had anything in the forefoot at all.

Quality of the Ogs was good, but can't say i much liked the look or performance for that matter.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by KingJay718

People's that attended the Penny event in las Vegas said that Nike claimed aid that models that the Penny IV were destroyed hence why you didn't seen them on display at the event.
i dont believe that considered da last retro wasn't that long ago...
And those retros were crap renditions.  
I had the OG wht/blk/blue colorway in 98-98, I bought a 2006 wht/blk/blue pair DS in 2009, wore them around my apt for a bit, and promptly flipped for more than I paid.  Pure crap.  No regrets.

I choose not to acknowledge the 2006 retros.

da 2006 pair was fine in my opinion, sure it didn't have da fabric wrapped midsole..but da blue was brighter, and da leather was still plush...da only thing i aint like was da lack of blue trim accents on da upper that were just white on da 2006 model.

they sold well so im suprised why its been 6 years since they've been brought back out again...nike knows better then to destroy part of da second best series after jordan.

Originally Posted by Putting In Work

I could have sworn the IV's released a few years ago, maybe 2008, I'm not to sure and they bombed and hit the outlets... including the OG colorways.

I would pick up the OG colorway and maybe one other... the IV's are the only Penny's I don't own.

I think we need a proper release of the Penny 1's too... they need to release the other 2 OG colorways already.

No OG colorway of the IV was ever retroed

Originally Posted by SoSickening

I could have sworn the IV's released a few years ago, maybe 2008, I'm not to sure and they bombed and hit the outlets... including the OG colorways.

I would pick up the OG colorway and maybe one other... the IV's are the only Penny's I don't own.

I think we need a proper release of the Penny 1's too... they need to release the other 2 OG colorways already.

the white/black/royal is technically an OG colorway, with the obvious differences

found a DS pair of these on the 4 train back in 07.... they were a 6.5 , just sitting there in the box .. It was a straight scene out of see something say something.... NYC'ers know what im talking about...

I got home and gave em wifey, she was pregnant her feet grew a size up so they were perfect for her...

she was beasting me for a pair of kicks like 3 days before...

Originally Posted by ElijahDukes

Originally Posted by SoSickening

the white/black/royal is technically an OG colorway, with the obvious differences

This

i remember when the ogs dropped and got murdered by the last shot XIVs lol.Imo if you got the first color...og or retro, u good. Its not really a shoe i would want a fresh pair of if i have an okay pair y'know?I might f wit the pheonix pair........anybody else cut the strap on the tounge? Cut that strap, leave the big strap undone, bunny laced=DOPE.

they will never retro these right. nike for some reason is too cheap to replicate the suede wrapped midsole that set this shoe off...

Back
Top Bottom