Yes. Mr. Obama has officially lost it.

Originally Posted by sneakaholic4life

Originally Posted by imperialh8

Originally Posted by sneakaholic4life

Originally Posted by Quig707

Yall NTers are pathetic. Why come into a thread that is way above your head, and get on OP because you dont understand it? He is not your teacher, he does not owe you an extremely dumbed down explenation. You know where the back button is. Take your ignorant selves and retreat back to some fapping thread you feel more at home in. OP's trying to make a legitimate point. This place gets worse by the day.

OP I hear you, on a personal investment level it is frustrating, but on the other hand, over leveraging is what lead us into the crisis we're still in now. What would you suggest as a better alternative?

well from the way he posted, it seemed he wus prepared for a full board discussion although aware of the fact that only a sharp few were familiar to this topic, why didn't he at least make cliffs or explain in simpler terms, he sounded like a grumpy ol @#$#$% who needed some sleep so dats why he wuz told off
eyes.gif

Does he deserve it?
no but at least u should see why ppl mite tell him off the way they did

I didn't think so either... I sometimes forget the demographics of this site.

Judging from this, It's not worth it to post something that may go over about 95% of the people intelligence on this site.

I forget who this site caters to as well...seeing that you just have to shrug off the negative vibes and realize that some responses are just idiotic and areunimportant. **** it.

How can anyone validly criticize OP for making this post?
Google exists, dictionary.com exists, WIKIPEDIA EXISTS - now go use it.
Just because you don't understand it doesn't give you the right to criticize it, educate yourself about it and post or simply leave the thread anddon't respond.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Quig707

Yall NTers are pathetic. Why come into a thread that is way above your head, and get on OP because you dont understand it? He is not your teacher, he does not owe you an extremely dumbed down explenation. You know where the back button is. Take your ignorant selves and retreat back to some fapping thread you feel more at home in. OP's trying to make a legitimate point. This place gets worse by the day.

OP I hear you, on a personal investment level it is frustrating, but on the other hand, over leveraging is what lead us into the crisis we're still in now. What would you suggest as a better alternative?

Yo NT I present to you Jeffrey OP's butler
laugh.gif

I'm still kind of confused. But basically leverage is being able to borrow more money than u initially had to potentially make a bigger profit? Andbasically this measure taken by Obama is to reduce the amount of risk being taken by individual investors? I understand doing this for big banks whosedecisions affect a great many people, but what exactly is Obama's purpose in limiting the individual investor?

PS: Can somebody recommend an introductory textbook on economics or something? lol.

98% of NT will have no idea what you are talking about. Yet they will still tell you that, Obama > your father. smh

Originally Posted by NYVictory45

I'm still kind of confused. But basically leverage is being able to borrow more money than u initially had to potentially make a bigger profit? And basically this measure taken by Obama is to reduce the amount of risk being taken by individual investors? I understand doing this for big banks whose decisions affect a great many people, but what exactly is Obama's purpose in limiting the individual investor?

PS: Can somebody recommend an introductory textbook on economics or something? lol.

THIS IS ONLY FOR FOREX TRADERS. Unless you trade currencies, this thread is useless to you.

The OP was trying to explain that Obama is trying to regulate the currency markets. Unlike the commodities, equities and bond market, the currency market isMUCH less regulated. You can open an account with $25 at some brokerages. However, it's unwise to do so because of leverage.

Basically in order to trade currencies you need $100,000 for 1 lot or $10,000 for a microlot. Brokerages allow you to leverage your money, meaning at 100:1leverage, your $1,000 buys you 1 lot (worth $100,000). If your lot goes up in value, you profit greatly. Meaning 1% return on a lot (1% of $100,000 is $1,000)is actually 100% return on investment (the $1,000 you started with). You only lose what you put in and this is what makes starting with $25 or a relativelysmall amount unwise. Say your lot goes down in value 1% (to 99,000), you lost $1,000 and since that was what you put in originally, your lot would beliquidated at the market price in what is known as a margin call. Once this happens, you're account is wiped out and you lose your money. This is thedownside to leverage. FOREX currency pairs usually move in extremely small increments called pips. For example, the EUR/USD currency pair is priced at 1.4156.If it goes up to 1.4157, it went up 1 pip. Since changes are extremely small, you're able to work around the leverage. You won't wipe out your accountimmediately unless you open a trade and walk away (unless you start with $25, which is just plain stupid because 1 lot needs to fall 0.025% or 2.5 pips to wipeout your account). They're attempting to lower the leverage down to 10:1 which means you need $10,000 to purchase 1 $100,000 lot and $1,000 to purchase a$10,000 microlot. Less leverage means you need more to trade the same amounts.

FOREX is great because in the US, you need $25,000 to day trade stocks. If you want to actively trade, forex is a viable option because with a few thousand youcan leverage your money and trade. The market is also open 24 hours a day from sunday night to saturday morning. If regulated, it would probably become similarto the equity markets in that it would be harder to trade. This leaves many people with no access to the financial markets. I earned enough to day trade stockstrading currencies and it's a shame that in the future, it's possible people like me would just be shut out completely.

BTW, FOREX traders had little to do with the financial crisis. It seems the Obama administration is once again attempting to regulate the financial markets byregulating the wrong part of the financial market.

OP you do know your talking to children right?

To an extent I hear you, but honestly I've lost faith in my fellow Americans having any common sense to manage their money so some regulation is welcome.

Back
Top Bottom