Yankees, A-Rod Agree To Outline of 10 Year/$275 Million Deal

I've been thinking about this lately...

Why the hell does A-Rod even need an agent.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JoE TwEnTy1

Qpitfighter wrote:
To me, the Yankees come out looking like straight B******. Seriously, first the say they wouldn't negotiate if he opted out, now they do. Neither the Angels or the Dodgers would have given A-Rod the amount the Yanks will. A-Rod comes out getting his money and Boras makes at least 10 mil off of A-Rod's contract.

Absolutly 100% false. The Yankees said they would negotiate with A-Rod because of the 30 Million dollars they lost from Texas on his contract. Hank also felt disrespected the Alex would not even meet with the Yankees beforehand. A-Rod realized he messed up and had to go through Goldman-Sachs just to get Hank to awnsered his calls. Alex apologized to Hank and Hal said he wanted to be a Yankee all along and agreed to take 30 million of the contract to cover the lost Texas money. If anyone lost face it was Boras. He overvalued the market and pissed Alex off with the timing off the opt out announcement. The Yankees and Alex in his place by basically doing all this without him.

Doesn't make sense. Alex is in control of opting out. He has to sign documents saying he is opting out. Boras doesn't do that for him. Boras isthe birdy in Alex's ear saying he'll make more money by opting out. So Alex says okay and signs the paperwork. Yanks did say they wouldn'tnegotiate with A-Rod if he opted out. And they didn't want to lose that Texas money. But what happened? How did Bora lose face? His client made more moneywhen there was no one out there who would have given them what the Yanks would have given them. Yanks went back on their word. And like I said, they come outlooking like B******.

laugh.gif
People try to act like the Yankees putting up that front about 'Oh we won't negotiate with him if he opts out' was anything more than justthat. A front. There was absolutely no way they were going to let this man walk away from New York, with the new stadium opening soon and Alex well on his wayto demolishing all kinds of records...And I'd almost bet there wasn't any way he was getting 30 million bucks a year on the open market. The minuteAlex opted out, you don't think Boras was working the phones to see where his value actually stood? Who is going to give him 30 mil? The Angels made himtheir last resort. The Dodgers weren't giving him that kinda cash, neither was San Francisco. The Mets weren't getting involved. And New York wouldhave done absolutely whatever it took to keep him out of Boston. Alex 'took a paycut' but still got a 2.5 mil a year raise...
laugh.gif

How can you honestly say A-Rod or Boras didn't win this situation?

Give me a championship and I'm GOOD. Thats one thing other fans dont understand about Yankee fans, its about the parade in city hall at the end of thebaseball season for us. If George Steinbrenner is parading around with the trophy in city hall at the end of October then it was a good year. If not, lets tryharder next year. I'm glad Arod came back and clearly if he didnt opt out, this deal would be north of $290 million so there was a minor discount. I justwant him to be sincere about wanting to be here. I cant say it isnt because only Arod knows that but I hope its not solely because of the money. I'mlooking forward to see possibly the greatest player of all time in the bronx for the next decade.

I just read this on Buster Olney's blog.
Rodriguez continued to get hammered in today's papers: George Vecsey writes that the Yankees should just say no. Hank Steinbrenner's stance caught A-Rod off guard, writes John Harper, and [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]A-Rod was so mad that he considered suing Boras.[/color] A-Rod felt the wrath of fans, writes Mike Vaccaro.

Wow
eek.gif
if true.

Welcome back, Arod.

photo01.jpg

People should just let this man live. People acting like he did what was wrong. When you look for a job, don't you look for the highest paying possible? Ordo you go for the cheapest?

He's a Yankee and that's it. Let the "Fans" hate on him. Let them realize that this guy can take us to the playoffs. This guy is arguably thegreatest to ever step into that batter's box. They won't boo when he's winning games or putting up on average over the next 7 years, .300 Avg. 30HR's 120 RBI's.

First the Yanks got owned by the Indians. Now it's the Rangers turn.

At least they got A-Rod back, but what an embarrassing and costly way (losing out on millions and millions from the Rangers) to go about it.

Arod should fire his agent, if arod did not opt out no doubt about it he would have gotten 300 mil to as high as 320, instead he opts out and now has to settlefor 25 mil less(if true). the yankees gave clemens a salary of 28 mil for the season, you have to figure any extension would be a mil or 2 above that for arodif he didnt opt out but since he did he wont get that 30 mil a year he woudl have gotten

From what I understand, if AROD didnt opt out, he coulda got 300 mill.....I was reading that because the Yanks lost soooo much dough because of him opting outthey got him a lil cheaper.

I know A-rod will probably go down as one of the best players in history and I know its the Yankees... but that kind of contract is sooooo rediculous. $275MILLION.

and they offered lowell 4 years.... no mike dont gooo u woulddnt get playing time

i dont know why people are getting all excited. yea they got him back but right now its the same team as last year..... the team who lost in the playoffs.they better get some pitching or try going after santana or something. posada must have juiced this year cause even he didnt think he would ever have a seasonlike this lol he will go back to his .260 average. if the red sox happen to lose lowell its ok cause im sure they will make a run at miguel cabrera

^I agree. Any major superstar in their respective sport will get the attention, regardless of which team they are signing to.

I cant wait to see what kind of effect (positive or negative) this new contract has on MLB free agency from here on out.

I just hope for NewYork's sake Arod is putting up better than "pretty good" stats when he's 41 years old, cause they sure as hell will bepaying him like the premier player in the league at that time.

Wait with the way this is going Alex will probably be underpaid at that time, nevermind.

Back
Top Bottom