Xzibit Disses Frank Ocean on Twitter

X is an OG in the game, he gets respect, if he dont wanna work with ol boy for whatever reason then **** it

By the same logic, when did it become wrong to wear skinny jeans? Or express your emotions? Or reveal your your true sexual orientation?

I think this is exactly what dude meant by our society completely emasculating. Dudes are gonna be rocking skirts pretty soon. And people are gonna be like WHAT JUST BECAUSE HE'S A GUY MEANS HE CAN'T WEAR A SKIRT? LET HIM BE WHO HE IS.

How is it not an honest response?  I mean, he "said" it, right?  All I can do is take his tweet as his thoughts on the issue--nothing more and nothing less.  

And you're right, he didn't have to respond.  But he was asked a question and he decided to respond, which is well within his rights to do so.  People don't like his answer and I'm sure now he's being called a homophobe, bigot, etc.  What would you suggest?  Should he just not respond?  Should he lie about it just to appease the folks who won't like his opinion?

This is the problem I have with this.  You say he doesn't have to respond.  But why is he in the wrong if he does?  He was asked a question and usually when that happens, you answer it.  The ONLY reason to say that "he doesn't have to respond if he doesn't want to" is because you disagree with his stance/response.  And that's a problem to me--suggesting that someone be quiet because the end result rubs you the wrong way.  
My point is that he doesn't have to respond to it.  I mean, aside from the fact that Pimp My Ride isn't hitting anymore and I'm sure he has a lot of free time to do so, I'm sure he gets a lot of comments and questions that he doesn't address.  An honest response to me wouldn't be a childish "pause" that just seems like a cheap shot.  That's just my opinion.  

I mean, you implied it and there are people saying that dudes are only co-signing Frank Ocean now because it's cool or what the mainstream is doing...who's to say Xzibit didn't put this out there to get publicity, he needs it.  Most people who are into hip hop know that PAUSE is basically a subtle way to say "I don't co-sign that gay ****", right?  I'm not even suggesting that he is quiet about it but any backlash is deserved.

YOU said it only happened because someone else went to him and made it an issue.  People trying to stir **** up every day, if someone bites (pause), that's on them.

I mean...I could understand if dude said "pause" if the interviewer said something suspect, but all he asked was if he would work with dude. it was just a really stupid response any way you look at it.

the more people continue to say things like "pause" with regard to *****exual connotations, the more likely homophobia and ignorance will continue

tired.gif

I think this is exactly what dude meant by our society completely emasculating. Dudes are gonna be rocking skirts pretty soon. And people are gonna be like WHAT JUST BECAUSE HE'S A GUY MEANS HE CAN'T WEAR A SKIRT? LET HIM BE WHO HE IS.

Thank you

Props on Xzhibit for voicing his opinion and not following along with these other castrated rappers .Im glad chik fil a took a stand too

When did it become illegal to voice your opinion? Why does he have to support Frank? Dudes are getting their testicles clipped and dont even see it. They want this from our culture we went from NWA and Tupac trying to tear down the the establishment to dudes just rolling over for anything, and its happening in steps right before our eyes
Drake(super soft)»Frank Ocean("bisexual")»____(openly *****exual rapper)»____(transgender rapper) they want you to think this **** is ok why do you think skinny jeans got a push they're emasculating urban youth and dudes are falling for it.

Ok let me ask you guys this, would you guys feel different if this was about someone being black? I for one dont see how its different. If X was white, and slighted FO for being black, I feel like a lot of you guys would be crying foul and outraged. With how much people in here have alluded to it being about black people (Uncle Toms, Castrating young black men, making black men submissive) I would think that those people would be beyond pissed. I explained myself in my previous post and I'm not trying to have this blow up into a race thread, just looking for some insight.
First and foremost LOL Xhibit acting like hes not totally washed up and more than likely Frank Ocean wouldn't work with him. I dont think his response was out of line either but its going to start something bigger than him.

On the developing subject that's going on in here, I have no problem with the influx of people rising up to support Frank Ocean coming out. It shouldn't be a big deal that he's gay, but in todays society it is so this is whats going to happen when a person of notoriety does it.

The reason I dont mind it is because I remember the 1st time I ever truly experienced racism. I remember how much it bothered me and how my mom just told me "The next time you want to go around judging someone because of something they cant change just remember that people do it to you all the time cause you're black". IDK if anyone thinks that *****exuality and modern day racism are equal but in a lot of ways I do, so I cant in good conscience be mad that people are supporting him cause I'd want the same courtesy if it came down to it. I honestly wouldnt be surprised if this was the mindset that a lot of the people backing him have as well. People who are much older than I am who felt racism more than I have.

Wouldnt be surprised if people flipped it on Xhibit and started saying stuff like "Oh but you think being discriminated against because youre black isnt ok" I mean cause thats what this is; Him refusing to work with FO because of his sexual orientation. Hes entitled to his opinion, I just think he should know better for reasons stated above.

I dont listen to Frank Oceans music, never have and probably never will. Heard like 3 songs off Nostalgia Ultra, wasnt feeling it, and hes lost me forever most likely.

You guys do realize bi-sexual black men are the #1 source of HIV/AIDS, right? Disgusting lifestyle is nothing to celebrate. Coming out of the closet is noble, but how many chicks did he endanger before doing so? That's the issue.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/healt...disparitiesbre86m0rz-20120723,0,6989428.story

Stop.

HIV/AIDS is not inherently linked to *****exuality. Being irresponsible about your own health and promiscuity is a more likely link. It's 2012. What you are insinuating has been debunked for over twenty years. While bisexual black men may be the highest carriers of the HIV disease now, that does NOT mean it's due to them being bisexual.

Here's a recent article discussing why the stigma of HIV is more responsible for the widespread nature of the disease in the black community.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/07/23/us-aids-usa-idUSBRE86M03D20120723

Stop.
HIV/AIDS is not inherently linked to *****exuality. Being irresponsible about your own health and promiscuity is a more likely link. It's 2012. What you are insinuating has been debunked for over twenty years. While bisexual black men may be the highest carriers of the HIV disease now, that does NOT mean it's due to them being bisexual.
Here's a recent article discussing why the stigma of HIV is more responsible for the widespread nature of the disease in the black community.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/07/23/us-aids-usa-idUSBRE86M03D20120723
Article you cited didn't tell me anything new. Down low black men acting irresponsible and endangering the lives of others to protect their "masculinity". Think Ocean told that girl he met at Coachella he gets it crackin with dudes? Come on now.

Article you cited didn't tell me anything new. Down low black men acting irresponsible and endangering the lives of others to protect their "masculinity". Think Ocean told that girl he met at Coachella he gets it crackin with dudes? Come on now.

What the article is saying is that attitudes like yours is indirectly causing this to happen. This idea that HIV/AIDS is a gay disease, which has been proven false over and over again, is something that is still perpetuated in the black community. The fear of being outed by the disease is what keeps many of these men closeted and not seeking treatment + protecting others.

Back
Top Bottom