XXL Magazine's 250 Greatest hip-hop songs(1990-1999)

nothing but a g thing number 1?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Yung Lo HEAD

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
not a terrible list but not too good either.
Juicy should NOT be number 1, but yeah it should be higher.
No NY State of mind?

Such a subjective topic, not an easy thing to do for even the most fair enough educated of hip hop heads.

Originally Posted by Yung Lo HEAD

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
not a terrible list but not too good either.
Juicy should NOT be number 1, but yeah it should be higher.
No NY State of mind?

Such a subjective topic, not an easy thing to do for even the most fair enough educated of hip hop heads.

....looks like they just took a bunch of number one hits of rap and rated them. what a waste of time. list is garbage. anyone with the knowledge XXL is supposed to have would know that hiphop's greatest works usually are NOT number one hits. eh, its not like i really expected anything of value from them anyway.

....looks like they just took a bunch of number one hits of rap and rated them. what a waste of time. list is garbage. anyone with the knowledge XXL is supposed to have would know that hiphop's greatest works usually are NOT number one hits. eh, its not like i really expected anything of value from them anyway.

Impossible list to make, you're talking about a decade that was the peak of hip hop. You could easily put together a list of a 1000 bangers from the 90's.

I'll ride with "G Thang" being number 1. It's the perfect hip hop song, IMO. Great sample, great lyrics from Snoop (who wrote Dre's lyrics), numerous one liners, and a awesome video as well. Changed the direction of hip hop.

Impossible list to make, you're talking about a decade that was the peak of hip hop. You could easily put together a list of a 1000 bangers from the 90's.

I'll ride with "G Thang" being number 1. It's the perfect hip hop song, IMO. Great sample, great lyrics from Snoop (who wrote Dre's lyrics), numerous one liners, and a awesome video as well. Changed the direction of hip hop.

Back
Top Bottom