Xerox / Printer Recommendation Needed

I'm looking for a great printer for a design studio. A very small workteam is looking for quality printing. The budget is between $200 - $400. Thanks for any advice or suggestions. Merry New Year!

What are you using it for? How often will you be using it? All black and white?

I dont know much about printers, but clarifying a little more about your use usually gets better answers.

I will be printing color images, designs,  newspaper articles, etc. A scanner / fax would be a bonus but I'm mainly looking for great quality color prints.

nerd.gif
really, no one? 
nerd.gif

I know Brother has some good laser printers for documents, not sure about heavy color printing tho

I maintain/repair, copiers and laser printers, 200-400 isn't really the kind've budget anything not sold at best buy or staples is within. High end quality costs big bucks, and the toner prices are tough. If you really want more info lemme know.

Originally Posted by ToLiveandDieinNJ

I maintain/repair, copiers and laser printers, 200-400 isn't really the kind've budget anything not sold at best buy or staples is within. High end quality costs big bucks, and the toner prices are tough. If you really want more info lemme know.

This.

Toner is likely to run you around the cose that you're expecting to pay for the printer. Laser printers arent cheap bro. Check out Newegg.com and look at some reviews. Also check Tomshardware.com

use to work at a print shop, the toner and maintaing the machines will run you a lot

HP is generally considered the best as far as color accuracy in the design field for laser printing. The problem here is that even on a good laser printing, printing double sided can be tough matching up your registration every time.
Your best bet is to find a good printer in your area that you like and just billing your clients for the print cost + about 10% for your troubles and driving to the printer to look at proofs, pick up paper samples, etc.
For proofing in house before sending files to a printer, something an HP DesignJet should fulfill your needs. Still expensive, so I'd look for a good used one. Find one that allows you to print through a feed as well as on roll paper.
Like others have said, your inks are going to be expensive depending on how much you print and you'll probably have to call a technician a few times a year. You'll also want to get a calibrator of some kind so that your colors on screen print the same way.

http://www.bhphotovideo.c...signjet_111_Printer.html

Originally Posted by NikeAirsNCrispyTees

HP is generally considered the best as far as color accuracy in the design field for laser printing. The problem here is that even on a good laser printing, printing double sided can be tough matching up your registration every time.
Your best bet is to find a good printer in your area that you like and just billing your clients for the print cost + about 10% for your troubles and driving to the printer to look at proofs, pick up paper samples, etc.
For proofing in house before sending files to a printer, something an HP DesignJet should fulfill your needs. Still expensive, so I'd look for a good used one. Find one that allows you to print through a feed as well as on roll paper.
Like others have said, your inks are going to be expensive depending on how much you print and you'll probably have to call a technician a few times a year. You'll also want to get a calibrator of some kind so that your colors on screen print the same way.

http://www.bhphotovideo.c...signjet_111_Printer.html

Super helpful again Ryan, I definitely owe you for all the illustartor help you've provided, I need you address to send you something. I wouldn't be printing anything for clients, just for myself in the form of images for mood boards, to see how my designs look on paper and to print out articles to read and other random stuff. Should I go with an HP Laserjet or a Xerox Phaser? Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom