XBOX HELP

xbox noob here.  So I get an error message that the xbox isn't reading the FIFA12 game.  I tried all of the troubleshoot stuff on the website.  I just got the system and game for my little brother for Christmas.  It worked yesterday but not today.  All of the other games seem to work.  This is my first experience with this system.  Any suggestions?  Not sure how common of a problem it is or if there's a fix.  Thanks.

It's probably scratched, did you move the Xbox while you were playing it? My madden broke like that yesterday smh.

Originally Posted by Sequan

It's probably scratched, did you move the Xbox while you were playing it? My madden broke like that yesterday smh.

Hmm, my other brother did pick it up and move it a bit when the controller wouldn't connect to the system.  Damn, I hope not because it does not look visibly scratched.  Is it really that fragile? :/  Second day with it, and my little brother really wanted to play FIFA :/  The wii never gave me so many headaches...

Originally Posted by SleepyBlueDemon

Originally Posted by Sequan

Hmm, my other brother did pick it up and move it a bit when the controller wouldn't connect to the system.  Damn, I hope not because it does not look visibly scratched.  Is it really that fragile? :/  Second day with it, and my little brother really wanted to play FIFA :/  The wii never gave me so many headaches...
No bueno. I would return it to the store and say it never worked in the first place. Don't mention that your bro picked the console up.

Scratches that occur due to the console being moved appear as a perfect circle along the outer edge of the disc ( on the data/non decal side).
Look for that, if it is present you can go the easy way (buy a new one) or the hard way (buffer it using a special substance that takes FOREVER and hope for the best when you put the disc in.

I messed up my SF IV disc this way.

Thanks a lot. That might be the issue. Didn't realize the system was that relatively fragile.

I'm gonna try to find the receipt and see if I can exchange it, like celtsfan said, by saying it never worked and not mentioning the system being moved. If not, I'm makin' my brother replace it. Thanks again.

I suggest installing the game to the hard drive. It takes up a lot of memory but it will make the console run a lot more quiet. When you run the game after it's installed, the system detects that the disc is in the disc slot then it shuts down the CD drive. This would help prevent the issue with scratches preventing a game from playing.

Originally Posted by tr1plese7en

I suggest installing the game to the hard drive. It takes up a lot of memory but it will make the console run a lot more quiet. When you run the game after it's installed, the system detects that the disc is in the disc slot then it shuts down the CD drive. This would help prevent the issue with scratches preventing a game from playing.

how do i install
nerd.gif

If the game's already scratched, I doubt you'll be able to install it.

Moving the console when the disc is spinning is one of the worst things to do.

Originally Posted by fly23s

Originally Posted by tr1plese7en

how do i install
nerd.gif

With the disc in the drive, go to where it says play [game title]. Instead of pressing A to play the game, hit X which should be game details. From there you should see the option to install to the hard drive.

Back
Top Bottom