X-Men Origins: Wolverine - Movie is Out, What Did You Guys Think?

^^^
Origins reveals, or more so implies, that Wolverine/James Howlett has the same father as Dog Logan.
However, Dog Logan is not intended to be Sabretooth even though there are some connections.
In the movie, they pretty much replaced Dog Logan with Sabretooth, which doesn't really make sense because Wolverines/James Howlett's/James Logans dadand (supposedly) Sabretooth's dad is Thomas Logan yet Sabretooths real name is Victor Creed.

Originally Posted by RFX45

^^^
Origins reveals, or more so implies, that Wolverine/James Howlett has the same father as Dog Logan.
However, Dog Logan is not intended to be Sabretooth even though there are some connections.
In the movie, they pretty much replaced Dog Logan with Sabretooth, which doesn't really make sense because Wolverines/James Howlett's/James Logans dad and (supposedly) Sabretooth's dad is Thomas Logan yet Sabretooths real name is Victor Creed.
Well I'll just be damned... how'd I let that slip past me. I'm off point
smh.gif

Still a good movie though.. the push and pull, love/hate between Vic and Jimmy is hardbody
pimp.gif

^^^
In the movie, they pretty much replaced Dog Logan with Sabretooth, which doesn't really make sense because Wolverines/James Howlett's/James Logans dad and (supposedly) Sabretooth's dad is Thomas Logan yet Sabretooths real name is Victor Creed.

laugh.gif
I had to read this a couple of times to grasp what you just said...but well put...mad confusing still....

Hey_

This movie wasn't good.

At all.

At the very most, pretty on the big screen, yes.

I'll be back with a long diatribe in a bit.

Julius F. Wrek

Just saw it.

So ummm... that guy at the end without the mouth was supposed to be deadpool?
laugh.gif

the ending was wack tho..

Good thing i didnt pay for this
pimp.gif

Judging from these comments it seems as though the movie is the same thing as the workprint that was release on the web a month or so ago.

I'll save my money.....

Wasn't really feeling it. But i didn't really have high expectations for it anyway.

damn... i really wanteede to see this but i think ill just wait for star trek then slide into this if I aint too tired

Man I wish I could've made this movie...I would have included so many easter eggs and cameos along with staying true to the comics....geez Fox/Marvelcollabo's are not working.

Also, they didn't show how or why Sabretooth wouldn't mention he is brothers with Wolverine in X-Men 1?
They give a hint that Sabretooth somewhat knows Wolverine in X-Men 1 but considering how close they are in this movie, they should have showed Sabretooth lose his memory too.

I think they dropped the meeting in X-Men 1 completely.

baraka.jpg

I didnt know Baraka could be controlled using AIM.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Yan Can Cook

Also, they didn't show how or why Sabretooth wouldn't mention he is brothers with Wolverine in X-Men 1?
They give a hint that Sabretooth somewhat knows Wolverine in X-Men 1 but considering how close they are in this movie, they should have showed Sabretooth lose his memory too.

I think they dropped the meeting in X-Men 1 completely.

I don't think they dropped it, since they tried they best to make this movie mesh and make sense as a prequel.
I doubt they did not consider it either so I think they just said F' it and keep moving on with the movie.

The demo for the game is kinda cool.

Prolly would get boring, if I had the whole game tho.

As for the movie..

eyes.gif
smh.gif

and Wolvie is my favorite comic book character.

sounds like it'll be a good movie to those people that dont know much about the comics... and the people that do think it sucks..

^^^
only thing that keeps Sabretooth from being Wolvie's brother is the name.
I mean him and Dog seem so much alike. What if Dog changed his name to Victor Creed. Its not that long of a stretch. But then again I think Sabretooth wouldtell him that they was brothers to mess with his head and he hasn't done it yet so...Damn it this is confusing!!! They just need to tell us already

so what really happens after the credits, i left and keep hearing different things. what exactly did they show?

Originally Posted by Uptempo kid

^^^
only thing that keeps Sabretooth from being Wolvie's brother is he name.
I mean him and Dog seem so much alike. What if Dog changed his name to Victor Creed. Its not that long of a stretch. But then again I think Sabretooth would tell him that they was brothers to mess with his head and he hasn't done it yet so...Damn it this is confusing!!! They just need to tell us already

so victor creed is the brother of wolverine, his son (graydon creed) is half brother of rogue and nightcrawler, making wolverine the so called half uncle ofrogue and nightcrawler?

^^^
I mean him and Dog seem so much alike. What if Dog changed his name to Victor Creed. Its not that long of a stretch. But then again I think Sabretooth would tell him that they was brothers to mess with his head and he hasn't done it yet so...Damn it this is confusing!!! They just need to tell us already

well, the thing was Dog's scars never healed while Sabretooth is supposed to have a healing factor so I'd like to see what they come up with to explainthat. Maybe just say he had surgery and just sweep it under the rug

^^^

In the Origins comic, the writer himself said that he wrote Dog Logan to be his brother but he is not meant to be Sabretooth although he did state that hecould be.
He just didn't write him with that intention.

In the cartoon, Victor Creed did have a non-mutant father but then again, he has so many history similar to Wolverine's that at this point, no one reallyknows.
They have even written some comics where Sabretooth is Wolverines Dad.

In the movie, they should just not call him Victor Creed at all unless they explain where he got the name from.
I mean they explained Wolverines name and why he got it, I belive Sabretooths back story is just as important as Wolverines in this movie.

Back
Top Bottom