X-box 360/PS3... which one do you recommend and where are the best deals?

I am considering purchasing a new gaming system- either an Xbox 360 or a PS3, but being out of the gaming world for so long I am not sure which is better- in terms of games offered, quality, future options, etc. Which one would you recommend and why? Also, where would you recommend to look in terms of the best deals, perhaps such as a bundle? Thanks!

Buy whichever one your friends all have so you can play together. If you just like solo play though then just go with the PS3.

Originally Posted by heatpinoyboy

Buy whichever one your friends all have so you can play together. If you just like solo play though then just go with the PS3.

Well, if you can't buy both go with the PS3. Mostly because you will save money because the online is free (not ps plus tho).

But the are both about even imo. I honestly enjoy my gaming experience equally on both systems. Halo:Reach on Xbox along with a few others and Resistance, Uncharted, and MLB along with a some others.

But I do gotta admit tho, the powerful PS3 exclusives,....... Are MIND BLOWING
eek.gif

I own both and use the Xbox much more. Too many friends online to have a inferior online multiplayer.

Alot of games lately have been coming out on both consoles. But you could search Google for exclusives and choose which console has the games you want.

If you plan on playing online and don't care about the fee i would go with 360.

I have both and barely touch my PS3 unless it's to watch a blu-ray. Also, Netflix seems to look better on the PS3 to me. Other than that, my 360 is my system of choice.

Originally Posted by hiimgroceryboy

pc..does everything a 360/ps3 does but better. word 2 steam

Except not being annoyingly complicated and not being a ghost city when it comes to player numbers once you figure it out. And having almost ZERO PC exclusive games.

But yeah, right about now, at the end of a console's lifespan, it's PCs time to shine. However, as soon as the next generation of consoles comes out at the end of next year, not a single damn will be given about a PC by anyone for at least half a decade.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

hiimgroceryboy said:
pc..does everything a 360/ps3 does but better. word 2 steam

Except not being annoyingly complicated and not being a ghost city when it comes to player numbers once you figure it out. And having almost ZERO PC exclusive games.

But yeah, right about now, at the end of a console's lifespan, it's PCs time to shine. However, as soon as the next generation of consoles comes out at the end of next year, not a single damn will be given about a PC by anyone for at least half a decade.
not sure if serious

I have both. XBoX just got the RROD for the second time.

I use the PS3 more often due to blu ray and PS3 exclusives (Uncharted,etc)

Originally Posted by Winged Wheel

Originally Posted by HARM

Buy both ..

you'll never lose
/thread
Pretty much. I own all 3 next gen consoles and its nothing but win on all sides.
I enjoy my PS3 the most, so I would suggest starting from there if you're planning to use it for gaming + media.

And theres that new PS3 slim releasing possibly this year

Depends on what you want. I have both and enjoy both but I play my 360 WAY more. If you want a great online and gameplay experience, go with the 360. If you enjoy playing offline and want to watch blu-rays go with the PS3.

Thanks for the help...now where should I be looking for the best deals, and what kind of prices should I be looking at?

I was in the same dilemma as you last year but after doing research, PS3 has a much more diverse and expansive gaming library in terms of exclusives.. owns more first party studios than microsoft ( they mostly get 3rd party studios and get them in contract).. therefore , more support for exclusives in the future. The biggest reason for me getting the PS3 was the free, online play. Blu-ray is a nice addition as well.

As for bundles/pricing, ever since black friday, it's been pretty common to see deals where a store will give you a $50 gift card along with the PS3. If I were you and have time, I'd just look on slickdeals.net daily

Back
Top Bottom