WWE ROYAL RUMBLE SUN JAN 27 | CENA WINS THE RUMBLE | ROCK DEFEATS PUNK TO WIN WWE TITLE

20130117_EP_LARGE_RR-prediction_C.jpg

20130116_EP_Large_5pt_Preview_PunkRockBrawl_L.jpg

Tonight is the go home show for the 26th annual Royal Rumble PPV.  It's also a ground breaking show for NTWT....

I'm in a hotel so I will be watching all 3 hours and 15 minutes of tonight's show LIVE.  No starting late.  No fast forwarding.  Ugh, kind of dreading it.  Got a case of beer to help get me through it.

Seriously though...

We will have the final confrontation between CM Punk and The Rock (I don't believe Rock will be at Smackdown this week, but I may be wrong).  Their feud had lacked a bit of heat thus far, so hopefully they can do a big angle tonight to get everyone excited for Sunday's match.

Ric Flair will be on tonight's show with his new protege....... miz.  Seriously.  miz is now using the Figure Four.  I'm praying fans turn quicker on this fool than they did on Lord Tensai.

Alberto Del Rio will defend his newly won World Heavyweight Title against The Big Show this Sunday night.  I don't think there is any question that Del Rio will win, but the question is, will Ziggler attempt to cash in MITB.

Team Hell No will defend their titles against The Rhodes Scholars at The Royal Rumble.  Team Hell No squashed both members The Rhodes Scholars last week, so we can expect Rhodes and Sandow to get some revenge tonight.  Sandow is one of my favorite characters in WWE right now.

And of course, there is the actual Royal Rumble match this Sunday.  The announced entrants thus far are:

John Cena

Sheamus

Randy Orton

Dolph Ziggler

3MB (Heath Slater, Jinder Mahal and Drew McIntyre)

Antonio Cesaro

Wade Barrett

I'm sure we'll get a few more entrants announced tonight.

OFFICIAL ENTRY NUMBERS FOR 2013 NT WWE ROYAL RUMBLE POOL

Winners will be announced as:
  • Overall Royal Rumble Winner
  • Longest time in the Royal Rumble
  • Most Eliminations
Your number corresponds to the WWE wrestler that enters in that spot in the Royal Rumble match.

POOL #1

1 Club

2 jhova718

3 dnycemodel

4 gunnascott

5 hombrelobo

6 casekicks

7 6 rings MJ

8 In The Line For VIIs

9 jsbrown

10 3dgarfly23

11 Grizzly Hebert

12 CelticsPride34

13 toine2983

14 goofy08

15 Joe Cool23

16 Naija Nitemare

17 TennHouse2

18 AirThompson

19 PLVN

20 michigan

21 HybridSoldier23

22 Mr DragonFly Jones

23 hellaones

24 JRAdagreat72

25 Big Van Vader

26 biff lawson

27 theDEEK

28 xJumpman23x

29 AndOneFlip

30 Mitchellicious

POOL #2

1 im that one

2 ROBPZEE612

3 DCAllAmerican

4 NewZ05

5 diewitsjames

6 Peep Game

7 muhnjob

8 4wrestling

9 RKO2004

10 jcmojica24

11 Rusty Shackelford

12 donmega

13 gregzzy23

14 Agthekid

15 beansietime

16 TheMAN007

17 thekillerj23

18 hymen man

19 kb8 3qwick

20 GotHolesInMySocks

21 KiLLaBapi

22 lilpennymagicfan

23 Mcflyy

24 jdcurt2

25 Captain Charisma85

26 ESyDC

27 Pugnax179

28 lobotomybeats

29 iLLoQuent aka DSK

30 kalikid23

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!

OFFICIAL 2013 NT WWE ROYAL RUMBLE PPV PREDICTION CONTEST!!!
  • Contest is open until 8:00 PM ET Sunday Night
  • You may only enter once
  • Once you submit your entry, it cannot be changed
  • SPELL YOUR NT BOARD NAME CORRECTLY
  • Any Pre-Show YouTube matches do not count towards the questions (Cesaro v miz has been moved to the PPV card)
  • 1000 total possible points
  • Good luck!
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/BJTG5DZ

Last edited:
Also, I'll be working on putting together the official sheet of 2013 predictions from two weeks ago tonight.

May god bless you on watching RAW without DVR...

I got stuck with Ricardo last year in the rumble pool lol

In the last thread someone said that they think the only people that can win the Rumble this year are Cena and Sheamus.

I think it's gonna be Ryback, it seems like he's been on the backburner these past couple of weeks (to me at least) so with a Rumble win it will put him back in the main event picture (for the WHC).
I wanted Ryback to face Show @ WM to see him attempt the Shellshock on him for a big WM moment.

And from the last thread, :smh: @ WWE waiting for Punk to drop the belt to debut the new one.

I said it in last weeks thread. I'll say it here.

Dolph Ziggler is in that middle area where you take him serious because of his potential,but not serious to the point where he's mentioned with the likes of Cena, Orton, Sheamus and Del Rio. I think they should take a real hard look at letting him win the rumble.

Now this is where you have a few choices. You can book him to win both world titles between Sunday and Mania. Or just have him win both at Mania. Let him carry both titles for 2-3 months. It'll sell him as the superior athlete he bills himself as and a true main event guy.

Option two is have him lose when he cashes in his MITBA case and Royal Rumble title match. Send him into a downward spiral where he either rises again as face or viscous villain.

Guys tell me what you think.

Last edited:
I said it in last weeks thread. I'll say it here.

Dolph Ziggler is in that middle area where you take him serious because of his potential,but not serious to the point where he's mentioned with the likes of Cena, Orton, Sheamus and Del Rio. I think they should take a real hard look at letting him win the rumble.

Now this is where you have a few choices. You can book him to win both world titles between Sunday and Mania. Or just have him win both at Mania. Let him carry both titles for 2-3 months. It'll sell him as the superior athlete he bills himself as and a true main event guy.

Option two is have him lose when he cashes in his MITBA case and Royal Rumble title match. Send him into a downward spiral where he either rises again as face or viscous villain.

As much as I would love to see that they would probably bury Ziggler and let himself work his way back up before he holds on to both titles at once. I wish they'd pull the trigger with him already and let him make his run.

I really wish I was at this Raw show tonight. Got other stuff to take care of.

Hope this is a good show tonight. I'm going to the Rumble on Sunday (Phoenix). Been waiting over 6 months for this day.

I know Beth Phoenix left the company but did they ever write her off like they did Eve?

Last edited:
I have a feeling this will be a good show since they are going to get some buys for the rumble.

May god bless you on watching RAW without DVR...

I got stuck with Ricardo last year in the rumble pool lol

I had Primo :lol:

- Vince McMahon remains very high on Daniel Bryan. A source says to expect big things for Bryan in 2013 once his tag team with Kane has run its course which is expected to end after WrestleMania.

- The recent RAW opening segment with Vince McMahon and new World Heavyweight Champion Alberto Del Rio was designed to re-affirm Vince’s endorsement of Del Rio. After going back and forth on the face turn at first, Vince has been pleased with the way it’s going so far.

- WWE officials were happy with the recent RAW segment with Ric Flair, Antonio Cesaro and The Miz but especially pleased with Cesaro’s performance. The segment was designed to help get The Miz over as a babyface but there was a feeling that Cesaro shined as usual.

- WWE officials still have plans to introduce a new WWE Title belt. Word is that it will likely come before mid-year and that CM Punk won’t be the guy to introduce it.

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp: to every one of those. The WWE title has been needing a change for what, 5 years now? That mess is solely associated with Cena, so even when someone else has it, all ou can think of is Cena.

Went to get Punk's DVD yesterday......so....do Best Buy & Target not sale WWE (or UFC for that matter) dvds anymore?? They didn't even have that combined section for either one.

Hopefully Cena blows out his ACL in the next couple weeks

View media item 228563

View media item 228584

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom