Wu Tang Clan -- A Better Tomorrow (Album Thread) --- 2nd Single - Ruckus In B Minor

So overall consensus is that this is another Iron Flag / 8 Diagrams?

Like someone else said, I only care to listen to Ghostface and Raekwon.  INS and GZA can get down too but they don't release music consistently enough to get any considerable play.  Stoked AF for 36 Seasons dropping on Tuesday.

Album is underwhelming. Seemed like half of them weren't even trying on some of the songs.

I had a feeling this would be similar to 7 Diagrams, cause I hardly heard any type of promotion on it. Seems like everybody should just continue to drop the solo quality they have, and just appear on each others albums and call it a day :lol:

Worst part about it is all of them still can put a good solo project out, except U God
Add Method Man with U God

his last few albums
sick.gif

Has there ever been a group that is still revered as much as the Wu is with as many subpar group albums? Besides a few choice tracks here and there, the only material from them as a group that's really worth listening to are the first 2 albums, IMO.

Solo albums are a no-brainer with the Wu. But they never really were able to recapture that magic from 36 and Forever.

You could probably combine posse cuts from a lot of their solo albums and make a better album than their last group ones

Besides a few choice tracks here and there, the only material from them as a group that's really worth listening to are the first 2 albums, IMO.

I never understood the dislike for The W. Other than that joint with Snoop, the album is dope to me.

Iron Flag hurt my heart...
Has there ever been a group that is still revered as much as the Wu is with as many subpar group albums? Besides a few choice tracks here and there, the only material from them as a group that's really worth listening to are the first 2 albums, IMO.

Solo albums are a no-brainer with the Wu. But they never really were able to recapture that magic from 36 and Forever.
Yeah, anything outside of Forever I don't even acknowledge group wise. 

The W wasn't even that good imo. That's when it all started to falter...

Last edited:
The W is cool it just doesn't compare to their first 2 albums.

RZA's work from when he started to the early 2000's is still my favorite body of work by a hip-hip producer. Some of those beats were just ridiculous.

The W was close to great IMO.

RZA stay overproducing, this come with a movie or something. I guess it's all opinion but I think Wu with live instruments only sounds good live, but most tracks are hit or miss.

Pretty much how I feel right now. I wanted to like this album but the production is so left field. RZA was trying too hard. The Intro and Necklace are FIRE and it's a few other good songs but overall I was disappointed.

I have to agree with this. I believe the reason they are still so revered is because they were the greatest group of the Golden Era and they have so many bangers. With the early-mid 90's getting so much respect from this younger generation, the Wu have been able to stay in the limelight way past their prime. I can't listen to anything post Forever myself.

I have to agree with this. I believe the reason they are still so revered is because they were the greatest group of the Golden Era and they have so many bangers. With the early-mid 90's getting so much respect from this younger generation, the Wu have been able to stay in the limelight way past their prime. I can't listen to anything post Forever myself.
Ghost Rae and Meth been holdin it down past the Golden Era, and a couple of the other cats make noise in the underground scene. Don't wanna blame it entirely on RZA but if he choose to use less instruments and went back to the minimalist knock, they'd still be revered by their core fans.

Ghost Rae and Meth been holdin it down past the Golden Era, and a couple of the other cats make noise in the underground scene. Don't wanna blame it entirely on RZA but if he choose to use less instruments and went back to the minimalist knock, they'd still be revered by their core fans.

Meth came correct on every track on the new album
ghost killed it on miracle

Back
Top Bottom