Wrestling Thread Oct 26-Nov1 | 10/27 - Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff Sign with TNA (p11)

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

Bret Hart interview; speaks on DX, what he would say to HBK today, Randy Orton, if he would ever wrestle again and more.

NZPWI recently conducted a 90-minute interview with Bret Hart. You can check out the full article at http://www.nzpwi.co.nz/ Here are some highlights…

Reaction from the wrestling industry to his autobiography:
"Surprisingly I haven't heard a great deal back. And I've come to the conclusion..." he pauses, setting it up, "that maybe a lot of wrestlers cannot read a book this big." He laughs but then clarifies that beyond the gentle ribbing he is sure that maybe the book is actually too big for those with a busy travel schedule. "I made sure that books made it to The Undertaker and to "Stone Cold" Steve Austin and I am disappointed that I haven't heard anything back from them. I thought I might. But nothing. They're busy I guess, maybe one day I'll hear something but I'm not holding my breath."

The Hart Dynasty:
"I'm as proud as can be of them, I think they're all great and they deserve every success and I think they're doing great; they have what it takes to be big stars. I think I've seen just about every match they've had. I catch up on YouTube and my girlfriend has been great at keeping me up to date with their matches if I miss them."

On Randy Orton: "I'm a big fan but I'm a little upset with how he is being used; they're doing the same thing with him over and over and I think they need to change it up, try something new with him."

On DX:
"When I see them I just want to put my finger down my throat; it makes me want to be sick."

On Possibly Hosting RAW and Dealing with HBK and HHH: "Well, there are rumours, there are always rumours and I am open for offers. But..." and here he drinks in a large pause, "that [seeing Shawn and Hunter] would have to be something that was discussed before hand; we cross that bridge I guess if we come to it."

On TNA: is good for the wrestling, but I'm not so sure about the ridiculous storylines. I don't get it. But they have some great people, I think pound-for-pound A.J. Styles might be the best wrestler in the world today; he's one of them anyway. That's for sure."

On Montreal: "It always hurt me that I was accused of never getting over what happened in Montreal. Of course it was a big deal, of course it felt good when I cold-cocked Vince…" and there's a pause here for an almost-sinister chuckle, "and of course it took a long time to get over the betrayal. But I can honestly say, now, I have forgiven Vince. He made his decision and I don't regret my actions; I feel I carried myself with an integrity that is consistent across my career, the film, my book - you get the same character with me - but I honestly don't know that I could ever forgive Hunter [HHH] or Shawn."

What Would He Say To Shawn Michaels Today: "If there was a knock at the door now and it was Shawn, I honestly wouldn't know what to do. He was at the Hall of Fame ceremony when I was inducted, but he got up and left when I came to the podium; they had a word with him beforehand and so at least he was respectful of that. I made it clear that if he got within a few hundred meters of me I'd be back on the plane so fast".

If He Would Ever Return To The Ring: "never-say-never because it is the wrestling industry, but it is very unlikely." He adds he'd like to wrestle Kurt Angle if he had one more match, as well as Rey Mysterio and A.J. Styles."

On Being At Peace: "I'm definitely at peace - and I guess the book is a big factor, sure. But the thing that got it started for me was when Vince agreed to release the DVD of my matches. I remember worrying that I might get stitched up, they might make some jokes, but I was so thrilled with it. For me it was about letting the matches speak for themselves and for a while I was worried they would be locked up. I'm just thrilled that people can see them again, or see them for the first time. The Hitman was an important character. And the DVD, my book and my appearances to sign autographs, to speak at book launches, I guess it's all part of reclaiming my legacy."

Good interview, but I don't like that they keep asking him about Montreal. Also I REALLY feel that the swerve was wrong, but it wasunprofessional for him to not drop the belt. It really wouldn't have made a difference whether he won or lost that match there. Another thing that Idon't like is this whole feud between Shawn and Bret. He still feels anger for Shawn, but Shawn turned his life around from that situation and his troubledpast. They don't have to be friends, but they could at least settle those differences that they have.

According to a source, there are more big things to come in TNA. According to reports, there is a bigger story onthe way besides the Hogan-Bischoff deal. There have definitely been talks with Ric Flair and there was also talk of moving to Monday night head to head vs.RAW. There is also expected to be more TNA television as well with all of this.

They only planned to announce Hogan and Bischoff today but sources have told me there is lots more coming. Big changes and big stars coming in.

Vince Russo is still employed at this time and everyone says they will be working together. As soon as a problem arises though, things could hit thefan.

nerd.gif

Good move getting Hogan, hopefuly he doesnt bury the young talent there. Maybe him and Bichoff can finally convince the company that a 4 sided ring = ratings.

Originally Posted by jdcurt2

According to a source, there are more big things to come in TNA. According to reports, there is a bigger story on the way besides the Hogan-Bischoff deal. There have definitely been talks with Ric Flair and there was also talk of moving to Monday night head to head vs. RAW. There is also expected to be more TNA television as well with all of this.

They only planned to announce Hogan and Bischoff today but sources have told me there is lots more coming. Big changes and big stars coming in.

Vince Russo is still employed at this time and everyone says they will be working together. As soon as a problem arises though, things could hit the fan.

nerd.gif

This excites me. I love the E but man maybe some much needed comp is whats best. I'd love to see TNA go to 3 hours or add Wednesdays to the schedule. Andthey were talking about more female focus and that pleases me also because I like to see good lady wrestling.
pimp.gif

TNA is sounding like the more serious company right now. Yeah bringing in Hogan and the rest was what killed WCW but things may have changed. Man I'mreally excited about the possibility of a new Monday night war.

This could actually double my interest in wrestling again.

Hogan will prolly get alot of guys to sign with TNA now.
pimp.gif

And like DEEK said, once WWE sees TNA starting to creep up real close....they may FINALLY wake up and do some amazing things again.
pimp.gif

As a wrestling fan this is great.

WWE making announcing changes tonight

As expected with Jim Ross out, Matt Striker is being moved to Smackdown to work with Todd Grisham starting tonight.

Josh Matthews and Byron Saxton will be announcing on ECW. Saxton, who has been doing the announcing in Florida Championship Wrestling, looks and sounds remarkably like The Rock.

Here are a few items regarding the Hogan-TNA situation that PWTorch has learned in the last few hours:

-Vince Russo still has his job and is not acting shocked or worried by this news. He's scheduled to be part of a small contingent of TNA representatives at Spike TV headquarters in New York tomorrow.

-Dixie Carter first floated the idea of having Hulk Hogan as an on-air authority figure for the company within a short time of the falling out with Jeff Jarrett.

-Although not the sole reason Sting was talked into staying around, if Dixie had an inkling of this happening, it might have been a reason she pushed for him to stick around for another year when he had spent most of the year pretty convinced his last match would have been nine days ago at Bound for Glory.

-The rumor among wrestlers is that Hulk Hogan wanted Kevin Nash to be booker, but it doesn't appear there is anything to that. In fact, Nash is officially suspended from the next TV taping because of his going off script in the ring at the last taping.

-Eric Bischoff posted this on his Twitter account mid-afternoon yesterday: "Nunquam Narro Nunquam......" Translated, that's: "Never say never."

-There is still a strong possibility Hogan's involvement is short-term based on what's known at this time, but not enough is known to rule out that he's got an ownership interest, either, and is committed long-term.

At 97 years old, Hogan might have one more run in him to bring the starfish ring closer to the big time.

I'm not very enthused about this Hogan signing, but I will be watching TNA this week so mission accomplished I guess.

Wasn't Hogan in TNA before? I remember a video of him getting smashed over the head by Jeff Jarrett with his guitar at a press conference.

Originally Posted by toine2983

I'm not very enthused about this Hogan signing, but I will be watching TNA this week so mission accomplished I guess.

Wasn't Hogan in TNA before? I remember a video of him getting smashed over the head by Jeff Jarrett with his guitar at a press conference.

Originally Posted by gottagitdemjs

Hulk is back?!?! What channel and day is this crap on? I'm so there....DVR-wise anyway.
Thursday Nights on Spike TV. 9pm-11pm.

Originally Posted by chino905

Hulk is back?!?! What channel and day is this crap on? I'm so there....DVR-wise anyway.
Honestly, this might be the worst thing to TNA. Its WCW all over again. All the old wrestlers holding onto the main event from the younins

Originally Posted by Laced Up Jordans

Originally Posted by chino905

Honestly, this might be the worst thing to TNA. Its WCW all over again. All the old wrestlers holding onto the main event from the younins
WCW led the ratings for a long time with that format....until WWE started telling people to "suck it" and flipping the boss off becauseAustin 3:16 said I just whipped your *$% and the Brhama Bull raised the people's eyebrow. I doubt we'll ever see those days again.

^^ I dont know if that will be the case. Dixie Carter already stated numerous times that the main goal is to push the younger superstars such as Hernandez,Styles, Morgan and Eric Young. And I'm sure they learned their mistake before from the WCW days. And they should continue to push TNA into the Attitude ERAthat WWE used to be with more hardcore matches, cursing, etc.

Back
Top Bottom