Wrestling Thread June 17-30 | 6/24 RAW - Bryan v Orton, Punk's Response to Brock, Henry Not Retired

folks have been calling this match of the year. Take a look. I will watch later.

Shibata vs Goto NJPW Dominion 22/06/2013 - YouTube

It's really good, though probably not my MOTY. It's similar to Sakuraba/Nakamura earlier in the year with plenty of shoot-style elements, but there's also the wrinkle that these two used to be close friends and have now become bitter rivals.

folks have been calling this match of the year. Take a look. I will watch later.

Shibata vs Goto NJPW Dominion 22/06/2013 - YouTube

Good looks

Edit: Just watched it. Great match with a hot crowd, they stiffed the hell out of each other :lol:

iqlH2A3kEj5Fj.gif

:x

Last edited:
I knew Flair wouldn't be able to be on a prime time tv show without cryin'..

Nitpicking Bret's "The best there is . . ." is taking it too seriously. Then you shouldn't like when any wrestler says they're the best or greatest.

Nitpicking Bret's "The best there is . . ." is taking it too seriously. Then you shouldn't like when any wrestler says they're the best or greatest.

Agreed..I wonder if the people that have a problem with his catchphrase/gimmick also have a problem with Hogan's "24 in. Pythons" not being 24 inches..Or maybe they should knitpick HBK actually never stopping a show even though he claims to be the "Show Stoppa"..Or maybe they should get super mad cause Undertaker really isn't the "Deadman" cause he actually is alive and well..I say quit your griping and shut up..

This was a fun match. I love RVD's counter to the F5 :smokin

Taker vs RVD for the Hardcore Belt

RVD vs Y2J for the Hardcore Belt

Last edited:
Report: Chris Benoit Would Have Died "Within 10 Months"; Sister-in-Law Tells All in Revealing Interview

Sandra Toffoloni, sister-in-law of former World Heavyweight Champion Chris Benoit, sat down with The2Count.com in a tell-all interview for the first time since the tragic double murder/suicide in 2007 that took the lives of Chris, his wife Nancy and their son Daniel. 

While the general medical consensus is that Chris Benoit's breakdown was caused by Concussion Syndrome, Sandra isn't as convinced that brain damage was the only cause of her sister's death. 

Sandra brought new, haunting information to light in this interview. 

"Yes, my brother-in-law had concussions, he hit his head for a living and I understand that. But way beyond that, he had a very serious drug and steroid problem. Unfortunately, a lot of athletes still do to this day. It’s spiraling out of control. The medical examiner told us after the autopsy that Chris was on his way to death within 10 months. His heart was huge, about 3 times normal size, and it was ready to blow up at any moment."

She also spoke on the effects that Eddie Guerrero and other wrestler's deaths had on the Benoit family. 

"...Chris had suffered multiple losses of friends. Eddie Guerrero’s death in 2005 shocked us all, no one was prepared for that. It was devastating for Nancy but it was devastating for Chris on a whole other level. Eddie’s passing came after a long line of huge losses and Chris was in a state of perpetual bereavement ... The final blow came in mid-June 2007, just a few days before everything happened, when Sherri Martel passed away. That devastated Nancy just as much as Eddie’s death had devastated Chris." 

In an interesting note, it appears as though Chris Benoit may have actually been planning on stepping away from the WWE shortly before his death.

"After Eddie passed away, Chris and Nancy discussed the possibility of Chris leaving the WWE and starting his own wrestling school. As a matter of fact, it had become more than a possibility. A business plan had been developed and merchandise had been designed. However, the WWE was prepared to give Chris a big push and put him into another championship match so Chris began training harder and pushing his body further. Chris did a lot of self-medicating."

- Triple H held a “team meeting” at last week’s WWE NXT tapings from the campus of Full Sail University in Winter Park, Florida. We’re told Hunter basically “berated” a lot of the developmental talent, telling them if they didn’t want to be there they could leave and would be granted their release. Apparently this drew a lot of confusion amongst talent as morale had been “pretty good” lately and Hunter’s speech seemed to have come out of nowhere.

Triple H also told talent that some more releases could be on the horizon and anyone that bad mouthed the company on Twitter after being released would never be brought back. He talked specifically about guys getting let go on good terms only to return later. Hunter stressed the importance of staying on good terms with WWE, even if you end up losing your developmental deal.

Triple H’s meeting seems to be a reaction to Derek Foore (Chad Baxter), who is threatening to sell a copy of his contract and has made other claims against management.

- There was some heat on Titus O’Neil for botching the end of Darren Young vs. CM Punk on last week’s RAW. Titus is well liked backstage but the feeling he was too sloppy and the spot didn’t look good.

- Many talents were watching the Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton rubber match “closely on the monitors backstage” as Bryan has become must-see TV. It was noted how Bryan is on another level in terms of his in-ring work and talent. Vince McMahon’s promo from earlier in the show was basically him making fun of himself for being so wrong about Bryan.

- While some are happy to see The Usos get a push on WWE TV, nobody sees them as legit contenders to WWE Tag Team Champions Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns. The feeling is that Rollins and Reigns need a quick filler feud until The Undertaker potentially returns for SummerSlam.

- You may remember during the recent Paul Heyman and CM Punk segment on RAW where Heyman mentioned “making millions on a tag match.” This was a bit of a shoot comment as Heyman actually recently pitched the idea of doing an unsanctioned street fight with Punk and Brock Lesnar vs. Shawn Michaels and Triple H. Obviously the idea was shot down.

- WWE officials are not done with Ryback and internally, he’s still seen as a main event talent. He’s expected to defeat Chris Jericho at Money in the Bank in what’s being called another “stepping stone” for him.

- While Daniel Bryan vs. John Cena has been discussed for SummerSlam, there are others pushing for Cena to defend against Mark Henry and Ryback in a Triple Threat.

Ryback is not going to be a fan favorite no matter how hard they shove him down our throats. They need to get a grip and move on to the next.

Ryback is not going to be a fan favorite no matter how hard they shove him down our throats. They need to get a grip and move on to the next.

He was actually getting huge pops from the crowd when they initially started pushing him. Kids LOVED him. Then thy didn't do anything with his character and he became stale, just like every other wrestler that WWE has dropped the ball on

WWE dropped the ball on Ryback, when they turned him heel. They should've never let him speak. Just let him be a silent monster that runs through people.

Because every time I hear him speak, I think of the dude in the wheelchair from Malcolm on the Middle

If Ryback had never lost at Hell in a Cell or opened his mouth for more than 20 seconds at a time he would be legit now. At the end of the day it just shows WWE's shallow roster and their "in the moment booking style"

Back
Top Bottom