Wrestling Thread June 17-30 | 6/24 RAW - Bryan v Orton, Punk's Response to Brock, Henry Not Retired

RIP Doink the Clown

Ex-WWE star Doink the Clown -- a hugely popular wrestler in the '90s -- was found dead today in Texas.

Doink, real name Matt Osborne, was known for pulling pranks on the other wrestlers ... all while decked out in full greasepaint and a green wig.

Details about Doink's death are unclear at this point -- but his girlfriend reportedly found him dead in her home ... where he'd been staying lately.

After leaving the WWE, he continued wrestling for ECW and independent leagues ... still sporting the clown costume.

More recently, he's been attending wrestling conventions and doing autograph sessions with fans.

Doink was 55.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/06/28/doink-the-clown-wwe-wrestler-matt-osborne/#ixzz2XYPpas9I

Last edited:
Notes from CLub's match

My man Santos with the X-Pac style leg drop.

I like the chop/Flair over top turnbuckle spot yall did. Did his first chop hurt you? Look like you got stung a little.

Oh my god at the corner spot. Was your head ok man. Damn that was something I never seen before. Was that original?

Nice Oklahoma Roll (I think that is what it was) after he missed the dropkcick. Smooth transition.

Nice DDT spot, he sold it well.

LOL @ the 1, 2, 3 chants.

Nice Fallaway Slam man. Clazor Ramon

You are left handed I am seeing right?

Nice spot towards the end where you rolled him up.

Damn that Codebreaker looked like it hurt. Both of them.

Santos used a lot of big moves during this match. If I were a coach I would tell him to calm it down a tad. It wasn't overboard. He had nice executaiton though

Man that was entertaining. No bull man.

Info on the manager's jacket? SIke nah, who is he? Name?

RIP Doink the Clown

Ex-WWE star Doink the Clown -- a hugely popular wrestler in the '90s -- was found dead today in Texas.

Doink, real name Matt Osborne, was known for pulling pranks on the other wrestlers ... all while decked out in full greasepaint and a green wig.

Details about Doink's death are unclear at this point -- but his girlfriend reportedly found him dead in her home ... where he'd been staying lately.

After leaving the WWE, he continued wrestling for ECW and independent leagues ... still sporting the clown costume.

More recently, he's been attending wrestling conventions and doing autograph sessions with fans.

Doink was 55.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/06/28/doink-the-clown-wwe-wrestler-matt-osborne/#ixzz2XYPpas9I

RIP thats another one gone at a relatively young age

Bret's overrated, but he's still better than Daniel Bryan.  Not saying Daniel Bryan sucks or anything, I actually like him, but the WWE needs to let him have more freedom with his character.  I hate that "YES!" "NO!" ********, it's just annoying.  He's got some years though, so he has a chance to surpass Bret...
The ONLY reason he is "better" than Danielson is because he has more years of experience than him.

He isn't a better wrestler
He doesn't make people look better
He isn't a better character.

I can't agree with that.
I'll give you that DB is the better wrestler and is more of a team player, but Bret is the better character.  Disregarding how he is outside of the ring, Bret as a heel is one of the best heels ever.  DB has yet to become a great face or heel.  It's hard to even compare them though because, like you said, Bret has more years of experience...

I'll give you that DB is the better wrestler and is more of a team player, but Bret is the better character.  Disregarding how he is outside of the ring, Bret as a heel is one of the best heels ever.  DB has yet to become a great face or heel.  It's hard to even compare them though because, like you said, Bret has more years of experience...

Danielson was a great heel back in ROH. I'd love to see him have the same gimmick in the WWE. As for Bret, I really can't say he was one of the best heels ever. IMO He was an okay kinda heel, not great though. Austin being his main foil during that run made him look a lot better.

Last edited:
- WWE has apparently decided against signing Ring of Honor Adam Cole. Regarding Mike Bennett, the feeling within WWE is that he won’t be signed at this time, even though there was interest from WWE.

- There is already talk of having CM Punk win the 2014 WWE Royal Rumble and challenge for the WWE Title at WrestleMania XXX. Punk’s dream has always been to close out WrestleMania and the seeds may have been planted on Monday’s RAW in the promo with Paul Heyman.

- WWE is reporting that both Randy Orton and Daniel Bryan have been fined an undisclosed amount of money for using planned chair shots to the head during their street fight on Monday.

To help prevent concussions, WWE has banned chair shots to the head, and both Triple H and The Undertaker have been similarly fined in the past for using the same maneuvers at WrestleMania 27.

Last edited:
Two weeks ago, the Ministry of Slam show did an interview with Shawn Michaels, during which HBK alluded to an unnamed WWE star who Vince McMahon doesn't "see money" in, and does not believe in his ability to draw.

In an update to that story, F4WOnline.com is now reporting that the superstar in question is Daniel Bryan, and the following is a PWTorch.com transcript of what HBK had to say in the interview:

"I had a conversation a couple of weeks ago with the man in charge and we were talking about a certain individual and he goes, 'I just don't see money in him.' And I said, 'You said the same thing about me.' He said, 'I did not.' I said, 'Yes you did!' (laughs) I said, 'And it's okay. It's just one of those things.''

"I wasn't your prototypical—heck, I wasn't anybody's prototypical main event guy. And I knew that. So, you just do your absolute best," said Michaels. "Yes, I was very scared and very worried, which had a lot to do with how bad I handled stuff because I spent a great deal of my career waiting for the other shoe to drop. Because it was a very real view of me and my ability and my talent. I'm a firm believer that talent does rise to the top, but you have to be patient. So, I spent a great deal of time worried, intimidated, and concerned that with each passing storyline, it might be the last one."

According to the F4WOnline.com report, because Daniel Bryan will be featured prominently in the upcoming Total Divas reality show due to his real life relationship with Brie Bella, his position in WWE is said to be "safe" for the time being. As we previously reported, there has been talk of Bryan challenging John Cena for the WWE Title at SummerSlam this year.

- There is already talk of having CM Punk win the 2014 WWE Royal Rumble and challenge for the WWE Title at WrestleMania XXX. Punk’s dream has always been to close out WrestleMania and the seeds may have been planted on Monday’s RAW in the promo with Paul Heyman.

He definitely deserves it. Hope it's him vs D-Bry for the WWE Title at WM :smokin

Didn't Punk and Cena get some type of fine or something on that awesome match they had awhile back too? It's kinda funny, two of WWE's golden boys (well, Orton the 2 strike golden boy) and the internet's heroes basically getting treated relatively equal. Very proud of both Punk and Bryan's stance in the company and their careers in general.

Didn't Punk and Cena get some type of fine or something on that awesome match they had awhile back too? It's kinda funny, two of WWE's golden boys (well, Orton the 2 strike golden boy) and the internet's heroes basically getting treated relatively equal. Very proud of both Punk and Bryan's stance in the company and their careers in general.

I think they got fined for pulling out the piledriver in that match.

And :smh: at Vince for still not realizing what he has in D-Bry. And Cesaro to some extent.

Here ya go DC, unless you already came across them

Jeff Hardy vs Umaga (Extreme Rules, Falls Count Anywhere)

Jeff Hardy vs Umaga (Raw 2007, IC Title match)

Jeff Hardy vs Umaga (Raw 2007, Steel Cage Match)

Umaga vs Carlito vs Ken Kennedy (Summerslam 2007, IC title)

Umaga vs John Morrison (Smackdown 2008)

John Cena vs Umaga (NYR 2007)

John Cena vs Umaga (Last Man Standing Match, Royal Rumble 2007)

Last edited:
And just for ***** and giggles:

London & Kendrick (w/ Ashley Masslutto :x) vs Dave Taylor & William Regal (Smackdown 2006)

London & Kendrick vs THE D I C K S (Velocity 2006)

London & Kendrick vs Kid Kash & Jamie Noble (Great American Bash)

London & Kendrick vs Idol Stevens & KC James (w/ Michelle McBoring) (No Mercy 2006)

Oh, look, Sheamus gets his comeuppance on that awful Bully Sandow :rolleyes :rolleyes

Last edited:
The ONLY reason he is "better" than Danielson is because he has more years of experience than him.

I can't agree with that.

You marks are really gonna start calling Bret Hart overrated?!?!?!?!?!

View media item 439484

BTW

Bret has more classic matches than ANYBODY, and didnt have to thrown himself of cages, do blade jobs (ok 2!!!), and made half of your childhood heroes look WAY better than they could ever be

Bret Vs HBk, Iron Man Match is talked about as one of best WM ever
Bret vs Bulldog sold over 90K in London, (Not a short feat too accomplish for someone who is overrated, Bulldog's APEX as a wrestler)
Bret vs Austin, Not only manage to make everyone take Austin seriously, had to blade him to give that much extra needed to put Austin over as a bad ***
Bret vs Benoit, Still give classic matched in his 40's in 99
Bret vs Owen= Gave his brother a rub on Wrestlemania, career took off from there

Bret kept the Tag Team division relevant in the late 80's, took the IC title to prestigious heights in the early 90's and made for epic television in the Attitude Era, pre Screwjob..... (Youtube WWE 1997 for Christ sakes...........)

Best there is, Best there was Best there ever will be was his, "Whatca Gonna Do" "Can You Dig It""WOOO", "What A Rush", aka his catch, some of you have the audacity to start judging wrestlers are mic skills?

Promos?!?!?!
Thats what we talking about now?!?!?!?!
Bret couldnt cut a promo?

Done with this thread..............

View media item 473159

I can't agree with that.
You marks are really gonna start calling Bret Hart overrated?!?!?!?!?!

BTW

Bret has more classic matches than ANYBODY, and didnt have to thrown himself of cages, do blade jobs (ok 2!!!), and made half of your childhood heroes look WAY better than they could ever be

Bret Vs HBk, Iron Man Match is talked about as one of best WM ever
Bret vs Bulldog sold over 90K in London, (Not a short feat too accomplish for someone who is overrated, Bulldog's APEX as a wrestler)
Bret vs Austin, Not only manage to make everyone take Austin seriously, had to blade him to give that much extra needed to put Austin over as a bad ***
Bret vs Benoit, Still give classic matched in his 40's in 99
Bret vs Owen= Gave his brother a rub on Wrestlemania, career took off from there

Bret kept the Tag Team division relevant in the late 80's, took the IC title to prestigious heights in the early 90's and made for epic television in the Attitude Era, pre Screwjob..... (Youtube WWE 1997 for Christ sakes...........)
I'm with you man.

IT-fistbump.gif

But Bret is a little overrated.  Not as much as they say, but a little.

RIP Doink
tired.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom