Wrestling Thread July 11-18/WWE Live Draft July 19th/ WWE Champ is Who The Hell Knows

[h2]THE USUAL SUSPECTS[/h2]
Eastern Lariat (6/25/16): Str**** and Dylan dedicate a good chunk of the show to reviewing the NJPW Dominion card, with some different takes on the main event than you may have seen elsewhere. The rest of the show focuses on Kenta Kobashi’s Fortune Dream show, the upcoming huge July 20th  in Japan, and a bit on Stardom world. The usual fun start to the weekend.THUMBS UP

VIP Lounge (6/26/16): No guest this week, as instead MVP and Alex open the show with a 25 minute discussion of Roman Reigns’ wellness failure and why all these entitled fans are rejecting him. The rest of the show is a discussion of Great Britain leaving the EU, American politics, Game of Thrones, Preacher, and more. Lame show, which is too bad because they were on a bit of a roll for a while.   THUMBS DOWN

The Card is Going To Change #4 (6/27/16): The disastrous 2014 Wrestle Rager set of shows is broken down. Long story short, the weekend was based around bringing in Grado, who was then pulled by TNA. Then ROH pulled talent. Then wrestlers had problems at the border. Then the building needed more money. The stories of trying to deal with TNA are funny, but the best part is learning the hazards of crossing the border and how arbitrary the whole thing can be.THUMBS UP

Eastern Lariat Special (6/28/16): A bonus show sees Str**** and Dylan run down the entire roster of 2016 G1 Climax participants, give their early predictions, and preview the most exciting matches. Fun discussion and I appreciate the hosts not only doing a bonus show, but getting one out so quickly. THUMBS UP

Steve Austin Show #337 (6/28/16): This is just the audio from Austin’s interview with AJ Styles that first aired on the WWE Network, with an added bonus story of running into Mike Tyson in a hotel lobby. The interview is quite good, and it’s well worth a listen if you don’t have the Network or just never got around to watching it. But if you’ve seen it already, you can skip this episode.  THUMBS UP

MLW Writers Room (6/28/16): Alex Greenfield is talking to Dave Bautista, so the usual VIP-exclusive writer’s room gets a free release (with part 2 back behind the paywall). Dave talks about his recent slate of big movies roles, his last run in the WWE (and he puts the fans on full blast during this part), and his strained relationship with the company that lead to his leaving the first time. Big Dave is nothing if not completely honest, and part 1 is a very quick listen.THUMBS UP & BEST OF THE WEEK

The Ross Report #124 (6/28/16): Mike Tenay joins JR to talk about his gambling podcast, his quiet exit from TNA, the company’s decision to go against Raw on Monday Nights, memories of calling Monday Nitro, and his relationships with Tony Schiavone. Things are going along swimmingly, then takes a sour turn as Tenay and JR complain about fans’ reactions to Vader, chants, commentary, wrestlers not selling, and UFC’s handling of Ariel Helwani. They get a bit more on Brock Lesnar and Tenay’s relationship with Vince Russo. Tenay always came across as a funny and cool guy on Taz’s show, and it’s a shame Ross can’t tap into any of that at all. [Tenay’s interview starts at 13:57]  THUMBS IN THE MIDDLE

Bret Hart Radio #7 (6/29/16): We start with a lengthy tale of a squirrel in Bret’s house, which was weird but enjoyable. Then the gang discusses the possibility of 2 world champs in WWE and Curtis Axel being misused in WWE. Dylan Postl (the former Hornswoggle) then shows up for another podcast appearance. While he’s been on 100 other shows, this is a welcome addition as it bypasses anything to do with Postl’s career, focusing instead on the history of ****** wrestling. Postl even interviews Bret at the end about wearing the pink & black. The rare instance where a host taking over a show is an improvement. [Postl’s interview starts at 22:00]THUMBS UP

Talk is Jericho #260 (6/29/16): English podcaster, spoken word artist, and rapper Scroobius Pip makes his TiJ debut. He and Chris discuss his rise to fame, his stutter and how he learned what caused it (actually pretty interesting), the time he offered to by a beer for all his followers, getting into acting and working with Guy Ritchie and Kurt Sutter, and more. Wasn’t looking forward to this one, but there are some interesting bits here and there. [Pip’s interview starts at 4:43]  THUMBS IN THE MIDDLE

Art of Wrestling #307 (6/30/16): The guest is independent wrestler RJ City, so for the first time in 6 years I have never heard of an AoW guest. RJ talks about copying Colt when he started, doing standup comedy and how it applies to wrestling, being a regular on a children’s television show, acting with Roddy Piper, and more. I’m a bit on the fence with this one, whether it’s a thumbs up or in the middle, but there’s enough laughs I’ll give it hesitsant approval.   THUMBS UP

The Steve Austin Show – Unleashed! #338 (6/30/16): Part 2 with Bill Goldberg, this time talking about being in the WWF locker room, his wrestling persona and aborted heel run, some recent UFC talk, his entrance and catchphrase, the streak, the Longest Yard, and cars and motorcycles and the like. Another pretty dull show, but Goldberg cuts one on the air, so it’s not a total loss. [Goldberg farts at 47:38]  THUMBS DOWN

Jim Cornette Experience #135 (6/30/16): No guest this week, as Jim and Brian run down a litany of topics, including more on gun control, **** the Bruiser, what if Hulk Hogan never left the AWA?, BREXIT and Donald Trump. Then Jim goes on a massive 45 minute rant on Vince Russo’s antics in reaching out to Pop TV, and details their entire history together, from WWF to TNA to now. People have raved about the audio, and if you don’t listen to Jim often it’s definitely worth seeking out. Now, I listen every week and have heard those stories, so this was nothing new for me. [The Russo rant starts at 55:51] THUMBS IN THE MIDDLE    

Marty & Sarah Love Wrestling #3 (6/30/16): Another hyper-twee show, with Sarah imitating Finn Balor’s mom ad naseum  and playing F/M/K with New Japan superstars. Honest question, is there anyone out there reading who really likes this show? Maybe I’m just too hardcore of a fan, or my heart is too black, but I listen to shows like the Vow flagship, or Between the Sheets, or 6:05, and think –this is what MLW comes out with? THUMBS DOWN

Bauer & Pollock (6/30/16): A fairly short outing sees B&P covering Stephanie McMahon’s recent interview discussing UFC, Brock on the cover of 2K17, WWE in Japan, Roderick Strong leaving ROH, BOLA, UFC Fight Week, and feelings on Lucha Underground Season 2. They mention this may be their worst podcast ever, and while that’s an exaggeration, it’s not up to the usual standard.  THUMBS IN THE MIDDLE

Talk is Jericho #261 (7/1/16): Jericho celebrates Canada day by bringing on Bret Fitz and Todd Kerns, currently a part of Slash’s backing band, along with his friend Red Solo Cup Geoff, to talk Canadian rock. You get to hear about Kick Axe, Helix, the Headbands, Queen City Kids, April Wine, and some pure Canadian experiences like Pic-a-Pop and Oui Magazine. I wasn’t familiar with any of the bands talked about, but everyone is having a lot of fun so there’s some merit here. [The interview starts at 7:11]  THUMBS IN THE MIDDLE

MSL & Sullivan Show (7/1/16): Sullivan gushes about his Ring of Honor experience (and the match between Steve Corino and “BJ Whittaker”), squash matches returning to Raw and the origin of enhancement talent, and Darren Young/Bob Backlund and going with an angle that’s not working. Then it’s a quick overview of the 1996 Halloween Havoc. Then we close with a mailbag discussing Steve Austin, Andy Kaufman, working a realistic style, and the art of throwing punches. The usual good stuff. [The Halloween Havoc review starts at 21:40]  THUMBS UP

Bret Hart Radio #8 (7/1/16): Part 2 with Dylan Postl, this time discussing the current tag team scene, the pleasure of working house shows, working multiple TV tapings, Fit Finlay, Titus O’Neal’s suspension, and Bret clotheslining Vince at a bar. Again, not a lot to do with Postl, but the show is better for it. Things close up with thoughts on Brexit, whether 30 is too old to start wrestling training, and some closure on the squirrel incident. THUMBS UP

MLW Radio #233 (7/1/16): MSL, Court, and Konnan (late again, but it won’t be a problem going forward) talk about Roman’s drug suspension being mentioned on Raw, the push of Dean Ambrose, the Vader/Will Osperay match, future WWE call ups, Kurt Angle’s non-return to WWE, Roderick Strong off to greener pastures, Hernandez in a legit shoot, Jimmy Snuka appearing at WrestleCon, pizza, BOLA, Kevin Sullivam in ROH, Richochet’s status, Vince Russo stooging out TNA, Sabu and much more. The big news here is that Konnan is leaving MLW to join The Jericho Network at PodcastOne. Court points out this is an amicable departure and Konnan apologizes to MSL for the weirdness last year. But the big news here is that the restarted Ric Flair podcast, now known as The Ric Flair Show, is coming to MLW Radio.  THUMBS UP

Good read

@brendasdeadbaby
It’s time to move NXT’s filming location. Let’s be honest with ourselves for a minute: Full Sail University is played out. The crowd has become a meme of themselves. WWE Performance Center be damned, we’re scouting locations. Let me know where you would move NXT filming either in the comments or on Twitter @AlexWendland.

As NXT has become more of a touring brand, they’ve stopped in some spectacular venues around the world. On this list we’ll cover some old favorites and a couple of wildcard targets at which to move NXT.
Where would you move NXT? http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2016/06/29/where-would-you-move-nxt/

Stopped reading at played out. Makes me think some white guy wrote it while listening to Eminem talking bout this real rap right here none of that fake stuff you have today

Last edited:
That Al Snow shoot by Hannibal channel was damn good :lol: Nobody liked that Lisa Wolff chick fron coorporate back in the day :lol:

Thanks for tagging me.
laugh.gif
@BigEgo34  

Back
Top Bottom