Wrestling Thread January 2nd-31st/NXT Takeover Tonight At 8PM ET/NTWT Royal Rumble Info On Page 1/Ro

Sting comes out for RR ruins knocks out Taker, set up fo WM!!! I don't care if they are old I still want this to happen.

- While it was offered with the usual “this could change” caveat, the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter noted the Performance Center class closest to being called up to WWE’s main roster consists of Shinuske Nakamura, Andrade “Cien” Almas, Alexander Wolfe, TM-61, Hideo Itami, #DIY, Chris Hero, Elias Samson and Tye Dillinger.

- Notably absent from that group is The Revival. That there were plans for them to feud with TM-61 before Shane Thorne’s injury is another sign there are no plans to promote Scott Dawson & Dash Wilder in the short-term.

- A sticking point in the Kenny Omega/New Japan negotiations is believed to be that the company hasn’t given Omega assurances he’ll be put back in the title picture in 2017, says Dave Meltzer.

:nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

- Bobby Fish recently re-signed with Ring of Honor, but on a per-event deal, according to the Observer. So it’s still possible reDRagon could end up wherever Kyle O’Reilly signs.

- A sticking point in the Kenny Omega/New Japan negotiations is believed to be that the company hasn’t given Omega assurances he’ll be put back in the title picture in 2017, says Dave Meltzer.

Hm not buying this. Makes no sense for them not give Omega at least a AJ/Naito-like summer run heading into their first ever US shows.

New Japan would be stupid to not put Omega back in the title picture. I know they are ab to go with Suzuki-Gun vs Chaos for the a while and who knows where that puts Kenny...

My man Shibata is in the doghouse for getting caught having an affair. This stuff is is big deal in Japanese society so it might derail any push they had in store for them :smh:
I remember they depushed TaiChi for the same reason. :lol:
Hm not buying this. Makes no sense for them not give Omega at least a AJ/Naito-like summer run heading into their first ever US shows.
If I am not mistaken Meltzer said something very similar. :lol:
New Japan would be stupid to not put Omega back in the title picture. I know they are ab to go with Suzuki-Gun vs Chaos for the a while and who knows where that puts Kenny...
Seriously. Yesterday I went to a homie's house that doesn't even really watch wrestling. We were :smokin and I put on the Omega vs Okada match. Dude was pulling for Kenny heavy, was all types of :wow: and :smh: at how great wrestling can be and how restrictive WWE is by comparison. :lol: If the casual fan can get that invested from one match there is no reason Omega doesn't deserve the IWGP Heavy Q belt.

Biggest company in the industry with global outreach. New Japan is cool and all, especially if you're a Japanese dude wrestling in your home country's big promotion, but it isn't WWE. There's a reason why guys like Balor, Styles, and even Nakamura come to the WWE. It's truly the big leagues.

NJPW is the big leagues too..

WWE=NY Yankees
NJPW=SF Giants

Both are great team but only 1 is a dynasty..

I wouldnt consider NJW big leagues though.

You only know names because some of you guys follow their careers and know where they'll go.

WWE on the other hand, is known everywhere, you take a name like The Rock and mention him in the deepest darkest corner of the earth, people would know him,

do the same for Okada and people are going to question who is he....

[h2]Alvarez on WOL: "Vince has something huge for WM that everyone will LOVE."[/h2]
Roman vs. Chena

smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Is this the first Rumble in a while that no one really knows who'll win?

The last 2 years were pretty predictable

Back
Top Bottom