Wrestling Thread Jan 4-17 | 1/11 WCW Legend Going Into WWE HoF; Brock Returns to Raw Tonight

Just read that whole page where you all are talking bout Bret is not iconic. GTHOH :lol: Cant tell if gimmick or serious :lol:

I don't get the Bret hate either..He was always one of my favorites..

100% shoot man, I remember/think of him being slightly entertaining when he was a heel against America but other than that I'm legit bored to tears when he's on screen, but maybe you can enlighten me and show me the light through those cheap tacky neon pink glasses. Please explain to me why I'm crazy

Bret is a true legend..His ability to tell a story in the ring is right up there with the greats..Dude could put on top level matches with anyone..123 Kid, Taker, Yoko, Austin, HBK, Razor, Hennig, & tag matches..All different body sizes and in-ring styles and yet he consistently made opponents look amazing..His match with Austin pretty much made Stone Cold..The double turn in that match was probably thee most flawless example of how to do it..And his Iron Man match with Shawn was basically perfect..

I don't get the Bret hate either..He was always one of my favorites..
Bret is a true legend..His ability to tell a story in the ring is right up there with the greats..Dude could put on top level matches with anyone..123 Kid, Taker, Yoko, Austin, HBK, Razor, Hennig, & tag matches..All different body sizes and in-ring styles and yet he consistently made opponents look amazing..His match with Austin pretty much made Stone Cold..The double turn in that match was probably thee most flawless example of how to do it..And his Iron Man match with Shawn was basically perfect..

I absolutely agree with you, he's an old school technical wrestler with a great ability to tell a story in the ring as far as match psychology goes. However add that to a monotone attitude and the charisma of Curtis Axel and there's ya go. he had to be paired with individuals that you named because they could be over the top. Everything other than being able to tell a story in the ring he's about average at imo. With the exception of Yokozuna and maybe x-pac I would say everyone you named out do Bret and everyone you named seemed to be the "entertainment" in their feuds. He's just Dry toast to me with a smidge of butter. Besides since Bret we've seen amazing technical wrestlers who can put on amazing matches and be entertaining at the same time. He was big at the time because he was pretty much all that the struggling WWF had and they made use of what little they had until SCSA got over. The company made a huge turn after Bret left and I don't think him staying would have mattered at all tbh

Last edited:
Catching up on the thread.

The sheep montage CP posted had me dying.  The DC and 22 ones were funny but I lost it when he posted Peep's sheep.
laugh.gif

Strong co-sign about New Day's shtick getting old. WWE just like NT will take something that's funny and literally beat it into the ground.

And why are you fools taking spots in the Rumble pool yet, when it hasn't even been announced?

Either way I'm reserving my spot.
nerd.gif

This thirst trap.
mean.gif
devil.gif
pimp.gif

I remember when she had a pic in her nurse's uniform talking about getting her degree, now she has a link in her bio to subscribe to her amateur cam site.
laugh.gif

*pays for 1 month subscription*
nerd.gif

Honestly, Toine doesn't play up the Bahamian aspect of his gimmick enough. I seriously have questions for you.

1. How did you end up there? Did family move after retirement and you are stuck?

2. What are the public schools like?

3. Is it majority people of color there because I don't know if I have ever seen a fair skinned person from the Bahamas. Like legit fair skinned.

4. How far do you live off of the beach?

5. Are there any local indy feds on the island? 
nerd.gif
 - 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom