Wrestling Thread August 15th-20th/ Tonight NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn II At 8PM Eastern/ SummerSlam This

[h1]Nikki Bella — Cleared By Doctors For WWE Return[/h1]

Probably gonna replace Eva Marie at Summerfest

The Rack Attack is back.

tumblr_nw5m51bOrV1sj4xr4o1_500.gif

Brie was such a lackey during Nikki's title reign :lol: :lol: and it only got worse when Nikki got injured. Girl was jobbing more than Ziggler before the brand split

@DCAllAmerican  @BBCAllAmerican  @BBCICECREAM

I honestly didnt this was possible but by the grace of almighty god, you did it DC

Wow

I really didnt think I could hate Finn Balor anymore going into that podcast...but wow....after listening I hate him even more than before

Son spent 35 mins talking about how it takes him 4 hrs to put on his stupid make up. Whos fault is that? Dont ***** about it if youre the one doing it

Sleeping around with Shameus in Ireland in 2003?? You Irish wrestlers really be into that funny stuff man

Ash the Fish expert >>>>>> Fin baler

KISS >>>> FIne Balle

DDP YOGA >>>>>> FIN BALLER

BUFFALO WILD WINGS (which by they way has TERRIBLE wings) >>>>>>>> Fabler

I am truly upset and cannot wait until I get my redemption at summerslan this sunday

Now I gotta walk into work angry 

:rofl: :rofl:

Meltzer is saying Eva Marie's husband is mad and this may not end well. I hope he pulls an Adam Rose :smokin

missing out on that summerslam bonus money

should suck it up like titus and move forward. probably get a push when she returns. doesn't she have the same agent/publicist as the Rock? could've handled it way better

Last edited:
Brie was such a lackey during Nikki's title reign :lol: :lol: and it only got worse when Nikki got injured. Girl was jobbing more than Ziggler before the brand split

To add insult to injury, her mans DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican was saying she isn't even worth the $1 to download her character on 2k :smh:. She'll never be appreciated as much as her sister.

Former WWE Tag Team Champion Doug Basham was the latest guest on the Pancakes and Powerslams Show. Basham had much to say about his time in WWE and OVW, winning multiple title for both promotions. He also briefly commented on his stint with TNA.

Doug Basham found success in Ohio Valley Wrestling as The Machine, and then without the mask going by his real name. His achievements in OVW allowed him to get called up to the main roster, teaming with fellow OVW alum The Damaja, who became Danny Basham.

WWE decided to partner the “Basham Brothers” with 2002 Tough Enough winner Linda Miles, who later donned the ring name “Shaniqua.” On how the trio formed, Basham stated, “It is a very interesting story. I’ve been waiting to get this story out in the airwaves, because nobody knows how she got with us. When me and Danny got called up to WWE, we were sitting in catering at a table. They had no clue what they were going to do with us. We went out and did some dark matches, and had some great matches, because Danny and I were very in tune with one another. We were a very good team.” He added, “We were supposed to debut against Rikishi and Brian Kendrick in Pensacola, Florida. They came up to us and had no clue what they were going to do with us. They just knew we were going to debut. Johnny Laurinaitis came to us with the idea of we were gonna be called the Basham Brothers. I loved it. I said that is a great idea.

They wanted to push us off as twins, we had a similar build, we wore black pleather pants, and we looked like a couple hard-nosed biker dudes. One of the writers saw Britney Spears get some sort of S&M get-up on one of her concerts, and he saw Linda Miles and said oh my gosh, I have a great idea. Let’s put Linda Miles with the Basham Brothers and have her be a dominatrix, and them two be her pets. But Linda Miles, she was an impressive specimen. She was six feet tall, she was shredded, she played basketball for Rutgers. She was an athlete, and she was quite a specimen.”

While this gimmick received a fair amount of success and led the team to a WWE Tag Team Title run, Vince McMahon was not a fan of S&M concept, and eventually nixed it. As a result, the team was forced to return to OVW. Basham stated that both Vince and Stephanie McMahon “said that we got the wrong kind of heat with the whole gimmick. Vince McMahon said that it was a sick kind of heat, because we researched S&M, we researched bondage and all that sick crap, and we brought it to the stage. That’s what they wanted. Then Vince McMahon, believe it or not (laughs), said that it was the wrong kind of heat. It was sick. And so they kind of squashed it and pushed us away and forgot about us for a while before they brought us back with JBL.”

Basham credits JBL for being a genius in the ring, having the right psychology to know how to garner heat. While he was aligned with JBL as a member of The Cabinet, Basham observed a number of qualities from JBL regarding honing in a character. “He was a genius,” said Basham. He generated so much heat with the crowd, he was a champion for so long, and people would come to the arenas, and watch the pay per views, just to see JBL get his butt kicked. Even though wrestling is predetermined, you could feel the hatred and the anger when you walked out there with JBL because he was so good at taunting the crowd. He was so good at what he did, he was so good at cutting promos, he was so good on the fly. I learned a lot from that man.”

He also commented on the heat received at the ECW One Night Stand PPV. “There was only one time in my life in professional wrestling that I walked into an arena that I was actually on DEFCON 5. I was on Code Orange, Code Red with the ECW pay per view in New York. JBL had generated so much heat with that crowd, I was worried that I was gonna get stabbed, or hit, shanked, or whatever, when we were walking through the crowd. That man was very good at what he did. I was very thankful to be a part of the Cabinet and a part of that era.

Basham would then go to TNA, but his career there was only short-lived. “Me and Danny just didn’t make the cut,” Basham stated. “We just didn’t fit the bill for TNA, and maybe we ticked off certain people, and maybe they didn’t speak too highly of us. That’s about all I can think of when it comes to TNA.”

He also talks whether he is offended at “The Cabinet” name used currently in ROH, being Heyman’s security enforcer, OVW stints, whether he is fully retired, and more.

Lol at Vince putting a halt on an S&M type gimmick, but okaying HHH having sex with a corpse in a casket, and passing off an incest angle to Paul Burchill and Katie Lea because Steph didn't want to be involved

Last edited:
She knows. Boys in middle school were probably humping on it when she was drinking from the water foundtain. 

That thing makes no sense

[rule]
Please watch so we can discuss

NWA MAIN EVENT MARCH 12, 1989 - YouTube

@casekicks

@JulesLives

@gunnascott

@green rhino123

Did you notice NWA's tagline?..It's "This is the NWA: We wrestle!"..:nthat: ..Takin' shots at Vinnie Mac's product almost 30 yrs ago..

That US title back then was amazing..NWA had the best title belts..Big Gold, US, and TV title from that time are all in my top 10..

You could just tell during that Russian Assassin match that Teddy Long wanted to call him "playa" and book him in a tag team match..

Dan Spivey had one of the 3 greatest mullets ever..

Said it before and i'll say it again, Lex Luger could've been an all time great if he would've had a better attitude and was about 25% better at promos..

Brock's last loss was at SummerFest last year when he passed out from Hell's Gate after going one on one with Da Undertaker.

Watch the Women's Special which was very good.

My ghost, @Peep Game
wasn't lying ab
out the revisionist history with Bellas.

Made it seem like they bridged the gap from Victoria, Mickie James, Beth Phoenix era and were the driving force behind the Give Divas a Chance movement when it was actually AJ Brooks.

oh yeah...that Summerslam finish between Taker and Brock was so weird, I always thought it was a draw for some reason. Brock prolly has a clause in his contract saying that he never has to eat a pin [emoji]128517[/emoji]

Last edited:
Said it before and i'll say it again, Lex Luger could've been an all time great if he would've had a better attitude and was about 25% better at promos..
I was listening to the MSL/Sullivan Podcast this morning. 

I am sure @Diego   will agree with this.

But Sullivan said he talked to Lex Luger's Football coach from MIAMI. Coach said, "Lex Luger has been getting paid off of potential since his freshman year of college." That statement was made in 1998 by his coach.

So question, did Luger EVER live up to the hype?

I was listening to the MSL/Sullivan Podcast this morning. 

I am sure @Diego
  will agree with this.

But Sullivan said he talked to Lex Luger's Football coach from MIAMI. Coach said, "Lex Luger has been getting paid off of potential since his freshman year of college." That statement was made in 1998 by his coach.

So question, did Luger EVER live up to the hype?

Wow, that's a great question..

On one hand I'd say definitely yes..Dude had a very long career..He was a guy who was a star in NWA/WCW, then a star in WWF, and then went back to WCW and was a star there again..He held the World title, US title, World tag team title all on multiple occasions..He headlined ppv's, Nitros, and Raws and was involved in several huge story lines..

On the other hand I'd say for sure he didn't live up to the hype..While he held a bunch of titles, most of his reigns never seemed that important after the initial hype of winning the belt..Most of the major story lines he was involved in it never really felt like he was the focus..Nobody will ever say he was the top guy in any company he worked for..And nobody will say he's better than any of his contemporaries (Ex: Sting, Windham, Hart, Flair, Steiners etc etc)..And I don't think there's a person alive (including Lex) that would say he really good on the mic..I personally would say he was average at best (it always seemed like his mouth didn't work as fast as his mind and he's start to stumble/stutter about halfway through a promo)..

I never knew this. Always thought it was Hulk.

I knew Harley slammed Andre..And although I can't think of the names right now, i'm almost positive there were at least 2-3 others that Andre let do the bodyslam before Hogan did at WM III..

Oreo's. Chips Ahoy fell off over the years, especially Chewy :smh: .

View media item 2138159
Get at me Deep Sea. Ordered and wearing on Sunday :tongue:

I actually been plotting on this shirt and a horsemen joint. :lol: I know NTWT hates wrestling merch, but the older stuff works. Not many current ones I'd wear tho, maybe the Seth one for the gym.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom