Wrestling Thread August 15th-20th/ Tonight NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn II At 8PM Eastern/ SummerSlam This

I know it's the new era and all but they should just bring back the big gold and call it a day

Rowen likes what he sees :lol: :lol:
tumblr_inline_oaupxnVnLS1u809ws_500.gif

Corbin clapping lol

I'm telling you man. At least 80% of the locker room is schemin :lol:

Last edited:
Bayley & Sasha are the Mega Powers reincarnated. They should have teased out the hug for a couple seconds more and the roof would have exploded.!

I can live in a world where they somehow won the Tag Titles. Do It Vince!

If you had to describe and fault the WWE for their lack of logic, just show them the Usos holding up Jeans.

I think SSlam card will be

Deans VS Bray for the WWE belt
Cena VS AJ
Seth VS Reigns for the World Heavyweight belt
New Day VS Gallows and Anderson VS Enzo and Big Cass for the Tag Belts
Rusev VS Kurt Angle (i doubt it)
Orton VS Lesnar
Finn Balor VS Y2J
Sasha VS Charlotte for the Womens Title
I doubt it as well, but IMO you won't find a better time to debut Kurt Angle than to do it tonight...
  • Rusev needs a new challenger.
  • RAW is in Pittsburgh (!!!).
  • 2nd biggest PPV of the year is up next. Stacked card is necessary.
  • 1st show after brand split so it's important to retain old viewers and attract more eyeballs. Have Rusev segment start off the show with Angle interrupting. Pop a rating and hope it carries over for the next 2 hours.
  • This will change soon, but the US Title is currently the only singles Men title on the RAW brand. A bit more of a spotlight on it, right? Hasn't been this highly regarded since Cena's weekly Open challenge. Which leads to my next bullet point...
  • We're right in the middle of a general election year. Might be a reach, but maybe it "matters more" than usual. Creatively speaking, they could spin small elements of the campaign battle into the feud. Just have Rusev bring up something about current events to elicit heat from the crowds. Nothing deep. It makes it seem more relevant though.
  • Nice clean way to use a household name on a short-term or limited appearances deal to put talent over. Rusev is one of those guys that should benefit from the brand split. He presumably will move on to bigger & better things once this run is over. Having Angle's name on his list of bodies brings value when that time arrives. Especially if, let's say, it came from a submission match with the true American Hero tapping out to the Accolade. Hell of a way to get him over for that next step.
Just something I've been thinking about since last week. I saw Pittsburgh on the RAW calendar and the wheels started turning. It's cool if it's not popular around these parts, but it makes sense to me. If he's ever gonna wrestle again for the company...this is the night to get that program going.

Last edited:
angle isnt gonna pass a physical. vince aint trying have him die in a wwe ring

john cena transitioning into a part-timer real soon?
he's really been in the mainstream media the last half a yr. also, going to be hosting teen's people choice award as well

Last edited:
*assuming he passes a physical and everything else checks out*

But that's why I said "doubt it" right from the jump. The recent Reigns & Lesnar news + weeks before that it was Ric Flair with that weird incident at the airport. Have to think they're a bit gun shy right now. I'm guessing those thoughts they had on bringing him in are currently off the table. *shrugs*

In a perfect world, it would be a great way to re-introduce him and get Rusev over.

Back
Top Bottom