Wrestling Thread Aug 12-25 | 8/19 RAW -SS Fallout- Bryan d Cena, Orton Corp Champ, Brock Kills Punk

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan you guys were kidding.. 
smokin.gif

I'll take ministry era Taker as my favorite monster.

That doesn't necessarily make him the greatest, but that run was classic.

Kane had some incredible monster moments too.

I'll take ministry era Taker as my favorite monster.

That doesn't necessarily make him the greatest, but that run was classic.

Kane had some incredible monster moments too.

Ministry Taker was solid. Had some good programs. Brock takes the edge though for me. He popped up out of nowhere and destroyed everything. Guys were who had years and much history over dude were being dismantled. Looking back its amazing how many guys he went over in his 1st year.

Kane was great too until they neutered him.

Last edited:
Ministry Taker was awesome as a straight up character, though I couldn't tell you any good matches he had during that time. Most of Kane died the minute he returned and hit a spinarooni instead of beating the crap out if people.

It's hard to argue against Brock though. He's legit scary, and just makes you believe he'll beat you to death in the ring. One thing that also adds to that is Brock not being there every week, so there's still that mystique and big deal feeling everytime he's seen. I think when it comes to pure intimidation plus skill, when it comes to being a monster, Brock is only rivaled by Vader. Brock was never beaten to death multiple times by Kane, didn't lose to a green Mark Henry, nor lose following an awful Downward Spiral though.

Last edited:
Kane lost it when he lost the full mask and went to the one with the mouth opening.

He also went soft as soon as he lost the mask completely for a minute

Wait...... Huh?!

The easiest setup to all of this is pretty much to screw Daniel Bryan over the next couple of PPVs. I believe there are 3 before Survivor Series. Set up the New Corporation vs Bryan and Friends for Survivor Series with the usual if Bryan doesn't win he can never get a shot at the title again stipulation. Blah Blah Blah.

December PPV comes around and Bryan has to run through the Shield in order to qualify for the Rumble. Vince handicaps him with the #1 entry. Bryan wins Rumble. Bryan goes over at Wrestlemania. Yes Yes Yes!
smokin.gif

Makes TOO MUCH SENSE for WWE standards, though.

Last edited:
Y'all slipping Kane was a legit monster right after he took the mask off in '03. He had the burnt rings around his eyes, called himself ugly, and sported the black dingy towel over his face. He lost it some point after that.

When he returned he had potiential, until he opened his mouth again, and jobbed to Cena.

Alright, now I wanna bring up the question I mentioned yesterday...

Is Brock Lesnar the GOAT "monster" wrestler?

If he isnt...who is?

I've thought about it for the last few days (pre Summerslam). The Summerslam match vs. Punk only helped solidify the conclusion I came to which is YES, Brock Lesnar is the greatest monster in American professional wrestling history.

The "monster wrestler" category is limited to a select number of guys and IMO Brock ranks #1 on that list.

I'm not just talking about in-ring ability. It's also the character, their presence, their story, etc. The requirement that as a heel you put the FEAR of God into people.

I want to get a feel of what you guys think before I defend my stance (might not even have to)...but my short form explanation has to do with these quotes that were posted during his match

It's this attribute that separates him from the rest of the field. The "I'm liable to snap at any second" vibe is unmatched by anyone else.

The answer is Vader.

It's a shame that Mark henry didn't adopt the hall of pain persona earlier on in his career when he could still really go. Had he done that around 2002 or so... Aw man :wow:

Last edited:
Y'all slipping Kane was a legit monster right after he took the mask off in '03. He had the burnt rings around his eyes, called himself ugly, and sported the black dingy towel over his face. He lost it some point after that.

When he returned he had potiential, until he opened his mouth again, and jobbed to Cena.

Yea that's why I said most :lol:. There was maybe a 2year period where once his mask came off, he was pretty awesome cause the writers somehow tied everything together very well. Then he turned face for some reason, started feuding with Snitsky, then...ehhh...it was a wrap until he cashed in his MITB. What was that, 6 years later :x :lol:

Last edited:
Let me know when Brock Lesnar wears a smoking mastadon head to the ring.

GOAT monster...pshhh.

Last edited:

Yea that's why I said most :lol:. There was maybe a 2year period where once his mask came off, he was pretty awesome cause the writers somehow tied everything together very well. Then he turned face for some reason, started feuding with Snitsky, then...ehhh...it was a wrap until he cashed in his MITB. What was that, 6 years later :x :lol:

He was a solid monster from 97-03. I loved him when he was on that psychotic war path. Setting JR on fire, jumper plugs on Shane O's sack, and tombstoning Linda amongst many other moments :lol: He deserved the strap more then anything right there, but too bad he peaked in the HHH Burylution era.

Undertaker in his heyday was by far the most intimidating, scary, however you want to put it. You almost thought he was real. In my mind, Brock Lesnar is a UFC fighter playing a role.

Back
Top Bottom