Wrestling Thread 9/13 | WWE Breaking Point PPV - CM Punk vs The Undertaker, Orton vs Cena (p12)

laugh.gif
That's a damn shame.

Punk got Taker in the Anaconda Vice. The ref immediately called for the bell. Punk rolled out of the ring. The ref ran the belt over to him and ran away. Punk then walked up the ramp to celebrate next to Teddy Long.

They basically made it look exactly like the 97 screwjob, just without the legitness.

no correction this is part.. another screwjob ending whenever they have a show in Montreal... Vince is OBSESSED with this... funny I read Bret Hart bookrecently and read a lot about it... in retrospect..Vince was being stupid Bret would have never bought the belt to Nitro and even if he did it wouldntDEVASTATE the company into bankruptcy.. The Austin train was well on its way

What bugs me about the finish is that Hell's Gate is a banned hold from Vickie's regime, but Teddy's the current GM, meaning he can repeal thatban. Makes no sense.

Undertaker made Punk submit. Then Teddy Long comes out and says that his Hellsgate submission was banned by Vikki Guerrero a long time ago, therefore the matchmust restart.

Then Punk got on his Vice submission for about 4 seconds, then as soon as the Undertaker was about to counter, the ref called for the bell and Punk retained.

CM Punk put The Undertaker in the Anaconda Vice and the ref ended the match via submission; however, Taker didn't tapout to the submission hold.

Why would Taker be okay with this finish? He was one of the many in the company that were pissed at Vince for having that finish done to Bret

If they wanted it to make it like the OG screwjob, Taker should have spit in Teddy's face.

If that would have happened, I would of got up and clapped.

For those of you that didn't see it:
WWE tried to re-create the Montreal Screwjob in the main event of tonight's Breaking Point PPV from Montreal when C.M. Punk was awarded a tap-out victory over The Undertaker despite Taker not tapping out.

Initially, Taker was scripted to win the World Title from Punk via the Hell's Gate submission at 8:20, but Smackdown GM came out on stage and said the move was banned by former GM Vickie Guerrero. He ordered the match be re-started.

The match continued with Punk applying the Anaconda Vice and referee Scott Armstrong calling for the bell without Taker tapping out. They tried to re-create referee Earl Hebner calling for a submission on Bret Hart at the 1997 Survivor Series in Montreal to award Shawn Michaels the World Title without Hart tapping out.

The PPV closed with Taker selling disbelief while Punk jumped up and down with the World Title belt on-stage. Teddy Long was scripted to simply stand on stage with no reaction as they closed the PPV.

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

If they wanted it to make it like the OG screwjob, Taker should have spit in Teddy's face.

I always knew you were a racist.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

laugh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

this ppv sucked! Thank God for streams!
wink.gif

the best match was Christian Vs Regal.....and Taker Vs CM started out pretty good, but why in the heck is WWE tryna re-create something that was REAL 12 yearsago?!?!?!?
smh.gif

2/10

Back
Top Bottom