Wrestling Thread 12/22-1/4 | Jan 4 - New Japan Wrestle Kingdom 9 - Show of the Year?

I had an awesome time at the house show tonight. It was probably the first house show I've been to since the Attitude Era, and definitely a change of pace from Raw and SD tapings.

Couple quick notes:
BNB came out and said he's back but we're not a good enough city for him to have his return match in.

Hogan came out mid show and started trying to get one more match, but Vince said he wouldn't give one to him, so maybe if we were loud enough we could change his mind. He said he wanted to face Brock or Stone Cold. Rusev came out and interrupted him, Hogan asked Jimmy Hart for his brass knucks and said he was going to drop Rusev on his ***. Then, Reigns music hit... I truly believe this was the loudest pop I've ever heard anyone get. Reigns and Rusev actually had a hell of a match. It went about 20 minutes with a lot of back and forth action. Rusev even kicked out of the Superman punch and got DQ'd when he hit Reigns with the title. To me, this seemed like they are grooming both of them for a WM match against each other.

Ambrose and Bray in a street fight was the main event. It was the same typical match they've been having but Jeans got the W. This was his first match back home since he's been on his singles run. He high fived everyone around the ring after the match, then went in to the crowd.

I couldn't get a good picture taken for ****.
mean.gif
Sheesh I had a totally different but still awesome experience at MSG friday.

We had ziggs fight someone (we had just arrived and the match at ended). Then Seth came out and washed him. Started talking how he was gonna was Cena tonight.

Sami Zayn x Neville had a good set for the NXT title 
nthat.gif

Dame Dow and the Mizz vs the USOS was hot. Damien need all the belts 
nthat.gif

They had a 6 woman tag team match when Paige as the guest ref. NYC loves paige lol

MIGOSSSSSSSSS came back. I cried. Washed Kane. He did look a little rusty though. I def obstructed the view for the seats behind me doing the randy pose teh whole match

At some point Fandango faced Jack swagger is a dance off 
roll.gif
No zeb though 
mean.gif

And Seth x Cena was pretty good match thanks to Seth. He kept burying Cena and J & J security would hand him the mic to talk **** to the crowd. 
laugh.gif

AHH AND J & J SECURITY WAS THERE LOL

NO NEW DAY :smile:

I had an awesome time at the house show tonight. It was probably the first house show I've been to since the Attitude Era, and definitely a change of pace from Raw and SD tapings.

Couple quick notes:
BNB came out and said he's back but we're not a good enough city for him to have his return match in.

Hogan came out mid show and started trying to get one more match, but Vince said he wouldn't give one to him, so maybe if we were loud enough we could change his mind. He said he wanted to face Brock or Stone Cold. Rusev came out and interrupted him, Hogan asked Jimmy Hart for his brass knucks and said he was going to drop Rusev on his ***. Then, Reigns music hit... I truly believe this was the loudest pop I've ever heard anyone get. Reigns and Rusev actually had a hell of a match. It went about 20 minutes with a lot of back and forth action. Rusev even kicked out of the Superman punch and got DQ'd when he hit Reigns with the title. To me, this seemed like they are grooming both of them for a WM match against each other.

Ambrose and Bray in a street fight was the main event. It was the same typical match they've been having but Jeans got the W. This was his first match back home since he's been on his singles run. He high fived everyone around the ring after the match, then went in to the crowd.

I couldn't get a good picture taken for ****. :smh:

Didn't get to go, but my buddy told me Hogan f'ed up and was talking about "3 Rivers Stadium" when he really meant Riverfront haha. Who was in the Divas match? Buddy sent a pic, but didn't know who they were, and I can't see any faces.

Peace,
J

I don't know how I feel about Striker being involved in the NJPW thing next week..His voice is just annoying to me..

I wish it was John Pollack but I am happy with Striker. Pollack actually was in the discussions for the spot, he said on a podcast

So he did BOLA with a torn hamstring? SMH

Exclusive w/ "Future of Flight" Ricochet - Lucha Underground, PWG, NJPW - YouTube

Fighting Spirit Magazine's Top 50 Of 2014 - The PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING - DVDVR Message Board http://deathvalleydriver.com/forum/index.php?/topic/3081-fighting-spirit-magazines-top-50-of-2014/

So the latest Fighting Spirit Magazine is out and with it comes the release of the first annual FSM 50. Yes, we're continuing the tradition of the PS 50, and I'm honestly curious to see if the list evokes as much scorn as the PS 50 always did. I was always a huge mark for the list (especially during the 1998-2005 period) and I was excited to be included in the process for this.

One thing that I think the PS 50 failed on was actually providing a basis and criteria for the rankings. So here's an idea of the thought process behind these rankings:

The main criteria can be described as bell to bell in-ring performance. So things like promos and storylines aren't a factor, however it's not purely a "workrate" ranking because things like charisma, presence and ability to engage a crowd are just as important as the athletic capability. All these things occur bell to bell.

Finally a big part of the deciding factor is the portfolio of work put together. How many great matches a guy had, the versatility displayed in terms of having great tag matches as well as singles matches, etc.

So with all that in mind, here's the list!

1. AJ Styles
2. Kazuchika Okada
3. Shinsuke Nakamura
4. Seth Rollins
5. Tomohiro Ishii
6. Ricochet
7. The Young Bucks
8. Sami Zayn
9. Masaaki Mochizuki
10. Akira Tozawa
11. Tetsuya Naito
12. Hiroshi Tanahashi
13. Cesaro
14. Zack Sabre Jr.
15. Kyle O’Reilly
16. Katsuyori Shibata
17. Adam Cole
18. Luke Harper
19. Dean Ambrose
20. T-Hawk
21. The Usos
22. Daisuke Sekimoto
23. Sheamus
24. Tomoaki Honma
25. John Cena
26. El Barbaro Cavernario
27. CIMA
28. Daniel Bryan
29. Adrian Neville
30. Minoru Suzuki
31. Dolph Ziggler
32. Austin Aries
33. Jay Briscoe
34. Kota Ibushi
35. Hirooki Goto
36. Randy Orton
37. KUSHIDA
38. YAMATO
39. Masato Yoshino
40. Johnny Gargano
41. Tommy End
42. Rush
43. Big Daddy Walter
44. Eita
45. Roman Reigns
46. Mark Andrews
47. Rey Hechicero
48. Jun Akiyama
49. Rusev
50. Will Ospreay

So there it is. If you want to check out the write-ups for the list and all the other great content in the latest issue, please visit http://www.fightings...magazine.co.uk/ for all the info on how to order a soft copy version for your mobile device, or if you're in the UK & Ireland where to go to get your hands on the magazine itself (WH Smith & Easons!)

@deepsea

didn't care much for martel as awa champ or as "the model"

his best imo was with tony garea as tag-team champs...

ps - these tag belts are way better than today's!

Last edited:

Couple quick notes:

I couldn't get a good picture taken for ****. :smh:

So what you're really saying is, "RKO you missed a good show. I hope you enjoyed sitting at home doing absolutely nothing while thousands of us had a blast!" :smh:.

I gotta get my ish together :rolleyes

Today I watched reDragon vs Time Splitters. Okada vs The man currently known as Finn Balor and the most recent Shibata vs Swagsuke match. Also a Generico vs Ibushi match from a couple years back. All of them were :smokin

Last edited:
Watching the Heyman doc. It's GREAT so far :pimp:

Yeah man it's really good..Most of the stuff in there I knew but there were a few pieces of info that had me :wow: ..WWE always does excellent work when it comes to promo videos and documentaries..Shame they can't do as good of job with the in-ring product..

Yeah man it's really good..Most of the stuff in there I knew but there were a few pieces of info that had me :wow: ..WWE always does excellent work when it comes to promo videos and documentaries..Shame they can't do as good of job with the in-ring product..

all the dudes he managed had me like :wow:

Back
Top Bottom