WoW the hottest thing in the game right now is....

Hahaha this is the part were I come back with a snap and we have a minor Internet beef, sooo tempting. lol goodnight kids

Hahaha this is the part were I come back with a snap and we have a minor Internet beef, sooo tempting. lol goodnight kids

3D is cool, but EVERYTHING doesn't have to be 3D. There's certain movies that shouldn't be released in 3D at all, but they still get the green light. And as far as puttin' the glasses on just to watch TV? I'm cool off that.

3D is cool, but EVERYTHING doesn't have to be 3D. There's certain movies that shouldn't be released in 3D at all, but they still get the green light. And as far as puttin' the glasses on just to watch TV? I'm cool off that.

Originally Posted by iBlink

I thought you were talking about world of warcraft.

laugh.gif
same

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Originally Posted by RickFoxJr

is their not one new moving coming out thats not in 3d? its so random, they got big in the 50's, then it died out, came back in the middle of the 80's, went away, then all of a sudden everyyyyyyything is in 3d. you guys think its gonna last or just a few year fad ?

alg_avatar.jpg

That's what happened.

Avatar's impact on film and bringing 3D back is the cause.  Then studios decided to jump on the bandwagon and saw huge results.  Alice in Wonderland brought in over 300 million, Shrek Forever After and How to Train Your Dragon, both in 3D and both have over 200 million in the box office.

Even Clash of the Titans pulled in over 160 million, due largely in part to 3D.

So long as studios continue to see huge numbers from 3D films, it won't go away anytime soon.  Factor in 3D televisions coming out, along with 3D programming and it could very well become another facet of our entertainment.  Now, 3D television and programming could just be a smaller niche market that never crosses over to become the standard, but for film it's going to be a common occurrence for several years, or at least until studios fail to see significant gains from 3D movies.
ehh I think that's one angle, and avatar may have changed the 3D game but that isn't the real reason. This recent boom of 3D movies is no different than when they did it in the 70's/80's... the cause? televisions, it's really just that simple. by the 70s color tv's were the standard, hollywood was afraid nobody would go to theaters anymore so they needed a gimmick. the same thing is happening now, TVs are getting bigger and better and hollywood is in a panic.

I think the movie that gave them this dumb idea again was My Bloody Valentine 3D, it didn't even look good or interesting but people went to see it for the 3D. then that horrible superman returns movie came out with it's like all of maybe 5 mins of 3D and now they're just OD'n with it. But #kanyeshrug I guess they have to fill those seats, and when you have people out here with 40"-60"+ HD TVs and DVDs leaking in DVD quality, you're going to need some kind of gimmick

Originally Posted by Big J 33

is their not one new moving coming out thats not in 3d? its so random, they got big in the 50's, then it died out, came back in the middle of the 80's, went away, then all of a sudden everyyyyyyything is in 3d. you guys think its gonna last or just a few year fad ?

alg_avatar.jpg

That's what happened.

Avatar's impact on film and bringing 3D back is the cause.  Then studios decided to jump on the bandwagon and saw huge results.  Alice in Wonderland brought in over 300 million, Shrek Forever After and How to Train Your Dragon, both in 3D and both have over 200 million in the box office.

Even Clash of the Titans pulled in over 160 million, due largely in part to 3D.

So long as studios continue to see huge numbers from 3D films, it won't go away anytime soon.  Factor in 3D televisions coming out, along with 3D programming and it could very well become another facet of our entertainment.  Now, 3D television and programming could just be a smaller niche market that never crosses over to become the standard, but for film it's going to be a common occurrence for several years, or at least until studios fail to see significant gains from 3D movies.
ehh I think that's one angle, and avatar may have changed the 3D game but that isn't the real reason. This recent boom of 3D movies is no different than when they did it in the 70's/80's... the cause? televisions, it's really just that simple. by the 70s color tv's were the standard, hollywood was afraid nobody would go to theaters anymore so they needed a gimmick. the same thing is happening now, TVs are getting bigger and better and hollywood is in a panic.

I think the movie that gave them this dumb idea again was My Bloody Valentine 3D, it didn't even look good or interesting but people went to see it for the 3D. then that horrible superman returns movie came out with it's like all of maybe 5 mins of 3D and now they're just OD'n with it. But #kanyeshrug I guess they have to fill those seats, and when you have people out here with 40"-60"+ HD TVs and DVDs leaking in DVD quality, you're going to need some kind of gimmick

comeonson take the bait i know  u want to

comeonson take the bait i know  u want to

Back
Top Bottom