WOW....so there is a Red Dawn remake coming out???

Whos willing to bet no students will be killed in this one?
eyes.gif

It's a shame really. Back in the 80s this dumb **** was somewhat believable, but now?
C'mon, Russian and Chinese paratroopers landing in Colorado? Too far fetched for this century.
Communism isn't threatening anymore, Soviet Union has collapsed, China and Russia are pals with the US.

It's like remaking Rocky 4, but instead of the scary Russian dude, they have Rocky fight Jet Li...wait...that sounds awesome. [calls Hollywood]

"Wolverines!!" Still going to be against the Russians and Cubans? Charlie Sheen and Patrick Swayze should have a part in it.

Originally Posted by MightyMYT

"Wolverines!!" Still going to be against the Russians and Cubans? Charlie Sheen and Patrick Swayze should have a part in it.

its the chinese and russians now lol. seriously though, im willing to bet the whole cast survives....
grin.gif

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Whos willing to bet no students will be killed in this one?
eyes.gif
America is too soft and PC for that to happen. I would give major props if the director leaves this in the film while pissing a lot of people off.

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

It's a shame really. Back in the 80s this dumb **** was somewhat believable, but now?
C'mon, Russian and Chinese paratroopers landing in Colorado? Too far fetched for this century.
Communism isn't threatening anymore, Soviet Union has collapsed, China and Russia are pals with the US.

It's like remaking Rocky 4, but instead of the scary Russian dude, they have Rocky fight Jet Li...wait...that sounds awesome. [calls Hollywood]
Yeah, how exactly is this going to work? Who is going to invade us? Al Queda? I guess its going to be like the Karate Kid "remake,"which, from what I understand, isn't going to be much like the original at all.

wolverines.jpg

I recently watched it again like last week, I love this movie
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I wonder how they're gonna do the re-make, it'll have a whole different feel to it

Pat Swayze
pimp.gif
he was that dude

& Jennifer Grey coulda gotten it, big nose and all
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

Good movie too for pro-2nd ammendment people
happy.gif

"turn it..............turrnnnnnnnnn it!"

"avenge meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

laugh.gif

to the guy who has the script, what i wanna know is if the kids actually get shot up and killed like in the original??

Originally Posted by lawdog1

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

Yeah, how exactly is this going to work? Who is going to invade us? Al Queda? I guess its going to be like the Karate Kid "remake," which, from what I understand, isn't going to be much like the original at all.

It' supposed to be China as far as I've heard.
But it makes no sense to me to even make this.
Back then it was acceptable given what was happening but now? its really unnecesary
this is just bad taste IMO
supposedly Tom Cruises adopted son is supposed to be in it.

[h1]Tom Cruise's son in "Red Dawn" remake (Reuters)[/h1]
Source: Reuters Mon Aug 10, 2009, 2:01 pm EDT

http://movies.yahoo.com/m.../1800015725">Tom Cruise</a>'s son is among the newest Wolverines to join the remake of "Red Dawn," the 1984 action movie about a group of teenagers who form an insurgency when their town is invaded -- this time by Chinese and Russian soldiers. </p><p> </p>" type="hidden">

news_connorcruise300.jpg

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Tom Cruise's son is among the newest Wolverines to join the remake of "Red Dawn," the 1984 action movie about a group of teenagers who form an insurgency when their town is invaded -- this time by Chinese and Russian soldiers.

Connor Cruise, 14, will join fellow new recruits Josh Hutcherson, Isabel Lucas and Edwin Hodge in the MGM/UA project. Already cast are Chris Hemsworth, Josh Peck and Adrianne Palicki.

Cruise is playing Daryl, the mayor's son and best friend of tech geek Robert (Hutcherson, in the role originated by C. Thomas Howell).

Lucas is Erica, head cheerleader and the Peck character's girlfriend whom he desperately hopes to spring from an internment camp. Lea Thompson played the character in the original. Hodge will play Danny, the coolest kid in school and star wide receiver who helps establish the resistance.

The young cast heads off in a few weeks for military training in an undisclosed location. Shooting will then begin in Detroit for a September 24, 2010 release. Dan Bradley is directing

Cruise debuted in December as the young Will Smith character in "Seven Pounds." Hutcherson starred in "Journey to the Center of the Earth" and "Bridge to Terabithia." Lucas recently appeared in "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen." Hodge has a recurring role on Fox's "Mental" and recently appeared in the feature "All the Boys Love Mandy Lane."

(Editing by Dean Goodman at Reuters)

Back
Top Bottom