Wow! Jordans are down! Ebay prices are LOW!

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

This is very true. I've seen Jordan prices plummet like crazy. But shoes like the 99-01's models have maintained their value.

It's the shoe business in general. Jordan Brand and Nike (mostly JB) have been destroying the collecting aspect of shoes.

Quality is at its all time low. Plus, ODing on Foams, DT's, Jordan IX's, XIII's, VI's etc. It aint the same anymore
yeah i also caught this. i myself started getting rid of my shoes left and right for whatever i can take. thinking of selln my 2s for around 50ish
ohwell.gif
. it really isnt the same anymore but i do agree older shoes and shoes with nike air specifically still maintain value. these new stuff, eh they dont last long and its value is nothing too grand.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

This is very true. I've seen Jordan prices plummet like crazy. But shoes like the 99-01's models have maintained their value.

It's the shoe business in general. Jordan Brand and Nike (mostly JB) have been destroying the collecting aspect of shoes.

Quality is at its all time low. Plus, ODing on Foams, DT's, Jordan IX's, XIII's, VI's etc. It aint the same anymore
yeah i also caught this. i myself started getting rid of my shoes left and right for whatever i can take. thinking of selln my 2s for around 50ish
ohwell.gif
. it really isnt the same anymore but i do agree older shoes and shoes with nike air specifically still maintain value. these new stuff, eh they dont last long and its value is nothing too grand.

Originally Posted by violetuniverse91

Originally Posted by 3dgarfly23

Originally Posted by youngcurse

In the DMV, ive noticed that alot of young dudes dont rock jordans like that anymore. i dont know if its because of a recession or what.I normally see dudes rockin them cheap @$% NIKE AIR MAX WAVYS

[h1]THIS   dudes over here think there foamposites
[/h1]

lol yes. upon first look  thought they had foam but after checkng them out no way.   major pass for me.  t would have been great if they were foams
same on the southside. smh 

Originally Posted by violetuniverse91

Originally Posted by 3dgarfly23

Originally Posted by youngcurse

In the DMV, ive noticed that alot of young dudes dont rock jordans like that anymore. i dont know if its because of a recession or what.I normally see dudes rockin them cheap @$% NIKE AIR MAX WAVYS

[h1]THIS   dudes over here think there foamposites
[/h1]

lol yes. upon first look  thought they had foam but after checkng them out no way.   major pass for me.  t would have been great if they were foams
same on the southside. smh 

That's good for some people though. I for example, prefer the older retros, over the new ones.

The few exceptions are the older retros that yellow and crack.

People who don't appreciate the fact that older retros are getting bought, are the resellers trying to sell their 2009-2010 inventory
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

That's good for some people though. I for example, prefer the older retros, over the new ones.

The few exceptions are the older retros that yellow and crack.

People who don't appreciate the fact that older retros are getting bought, are the resellers trying to sell their 2009-2010 inventory
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

There is most certainly a paradigm shift in the demand and quality for Nike Air Jordans, per se.

Because of Ebay, i was able to capitalize on many of sought-after releases from a few years back
at retail (hovering, either slightly below or above, but not too extreme).

I got out the game for a little over half a decade (2002-07, and before getting back into the game
with the inception of the countdown packs, the last jordan i purchased were the black and silver
low VI's on release).

And i know that during this stint, a lot of heat dropped and suddenly, the CDP frenzy came
underway and with it... the certainly deliberate and immediately obvious decline in quality
(althought i can't speak for any of the marquee releases in between my sabbatical from JB, but
for instance, my OG Taxi 12's vs. the CDP 12's... prominent disparity in workmanship and material
off the bat).

But hey... it is what it is. They still profit regardless if the shoes are pushing like keys in the whip
or not.

To be honest, from an observational standpoint, i see it everywhere i go. Back during my early
20's, i'd go out and see a bevy of cats, young/old rocking J's with their fits. Perhaps, it's a generational
thing or basketball sneakers have lost their niche and appeal... but you don't run into the kind of
donning frequency as yesteryear (i was very keen on noticing these things cuz i wasn't able to stunt
like other cats in the club - hence, being a broke college student will do that to ya. SMH at LOL).

Nowadays, with my job, although nothing to brag or be opulent about.. allows me to relive what i
used to yearn for during my tweens.

Feel somewhat like a doosh bag at the gym for always going so hard on the new kicks, givin' em TNS
as i flex my glutes, but hey:

I buy shoes to wear... not stare... Word to Yogi Bear.

There is most certainly a paradigm shift in the demand and quality for Nike Air Jordans, per se.

Because of Ebay, i was able to capitalize on many of sought-after releases from a few years back
at retail (hovering, either slightly below or above, but not too extreme).

I got out the game for a little over half a decade (2002-07, and before getting back into the game
with the inception of the countdown packs, the last jordan i purchased were the black and silver
low VI's on release).

And i know that during this stint, a lot of heat dropped and suddenly, the CDP frenzy came
underway and with it... the certainly deliberate and immediately obvious decline in quality
(althought i can't speak for any of the marquee releases in between my sabbatical from JB, but
for instance, my OG Taxi 12's vs. the CDP 12's... prominent disparity in workmanship and material
off the bat).

But hey... it is what it is. They still profit regardless if the shoes are pushing like keys in the whip
or not.

To be honest, from an observational standpoint, i see it everywhere i go. Back during my early
20's, i'd go out and see a bevy of cats, young/old rocking J's with their fits. Perhaps, it's a generational
thing or basketball sneakers have lost their niche and appeal... but you don't run into the kind of
donning frequency as yesteryear (i was very keen on noticing these things cuz i wasn't able to stunt
like other cats in the club - hence, being a broke college student will do that to ya. SMH at LOL).

Nowadays, with my job, although nothing to brag or be opulent about.. allows me to relive what i
used to yearn for during my tweens.

Feel somewhat like a doosh bag at the gym for always going so hard on the new kicks, givin' em TNS
as i flex my glutes, but hey:

I buy shoes to wear... not stare... Word to Yogi Bear.

Sneakers are like stocks, sometimes they're up sometimes there down... Quality & over saturation is a big factor though...

Sneakers are like stocks, sometimes they're up sometimes there down... Quality & over saturation is a big factor though...

it seems like its the recession thats controlling these prices these days,

it seems like its the recession thats controlling these prices these days,

i've noticed this with ebay. dudes either want rediculous amounts for their shoes and think that they can determine the market value. they list stuff at high prices, it sits and it continues to sit and they wonder why no one wants their stuff.

dudes will list low and schill bid their auctions so that every week you'll get an email saying "your watched item has been relisted"

or the seller will do things the old fashion way, list an item and let the market determine it's worth and that item can usually be had for a reasonable price.

Back
Top Bottom