Would you struggle on $350,000 a year?

Zyzz wrot
if you struggle on $350k then you need to be slapped

living like savages 
roll.gif
roll.gif

How is this guy gonna live without Prada  designed doornobs , LV ban-aid, Gucci cellphone case  
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

But he should give the kids 32k until say middle school until hes back on his feet  
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by BgL2687

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

This should be a lesson to MANY on NT, that spending beyond your means isn't strictly attributed to the poor. There are people in EVERY tax bracket that struggle with making good decisions w. their finances.
yup...its not how much you make its how much you can save.
ive been living like this for a while.
also, he's insane to complain about tuition. I've helped out at the school were celebs + athletes have their children and it might be $20k a kid a year (which isn't cheap) but nothing that would bankrupt someone with that income.

edit:

but yeah, there are some 1%er professionals that don't understand $

and to an extent I don't blame them,

plenty of Drs go bankrupt because they don't understand the business behind their practice. would you call a doctor an idiot?

it's like when they say some Nasa rocket scientists have trouble tying their sneakers 
laugh.gif

maybe they should just hire better accountants or money managers.

depends on the person. some people cant manage money for the life of them, while others can take 350k and make it as if it was equal to earning 1+mil. 

Unbelievable... granted there is some sort of hypocrisy in us all regardless of tax brackets because of society's way of embedding luxuries (guilty pleasures) into our lives one way or another.
But, to have that much money in this recession and still barely make the cut?

That's just disrespectful and foolishness all around. I would gladly trade places with the guy and already have many investments and projects into play.

"I don't have a dishwasher. We wash our dishes by hand." That's so sad. I don't know how you could live like that.
grin.gif

Wait they are managing peoples money but can't manage their own?
These are the people you hand your money over to and trust. But can't live off of hundreds of thousands a year?!

Originally Posted by cap1229

350k really is the 1 percent. thats the lower end of the upper middle class.

fixed

It's the top 1% of household income. 
When you start talking classes, you have to include wealth.

Net worth of 1 mil is considered upper class. If you've been makin 350k for 5+ years, You've probably reached upper class. 

Originally Posted by cap1229

350k really isnt the 1 percent. thats the lower end of the upper middle class.

But it is though....
350K is in fact in the 1% of household income in the United States. 

The U.S. Census Bureau uses 350K as the benchmark for the top 1%. Some of ya'll, I swear. 
roll.gif

laugh.gif
 NTers....

Originally Posted by ps2child

Originally Posted by three6mafia

mannn. $350,000 a year? $100,000 a year and i would have no problems. makes me sick.

This

Bros I cleared over 100k and I'm far from having a problem free life
laugh.gif
Here is another thing you guys are not taking into account...annual salary is one thing, what you actually take home a year is another...on paper I cleared over 100k I probably took home 55k after uncle Sam raped me....I'm almost positive he wasn't taking home 350k clean either.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

mannn. $350,000 a year? $100,000 a year and i would have no problems. makes me sick.

This

laugh.gif
Here is another thing you guys are not taking into account...annual salary is one thing, what you actually take home a year is another...on paper I cleared over 100k I probably took home 55k after uncle Sam raped me....I'm almost positive he wasn't taking home 350k clean either.
His take home was probably about $217K at 38% tax rate with 0 deductions I believe.

Where this guy in this article fails is, he was living his life based off bonuses. Rule number one in money management, never live on your bonuses and overtime money. That money is just extra money. I work for an American car manufacturer, and there was a time when overtime was guaranteed for years. These people went and bought 300,000 and 400,000 homes and Cadillacs, then guess what, no overtime for four years straight. These people lost they houses and their cars, and I had no sympathy for them. I use my bonuses and overtime money for stuff I would otherwise have to finance, things I and my wife might need, projects for the house, vacations. Everything else is based on what I make everyday. I live good too, vacations, two new cars, new house, go out to eat when I wanna, pop bottles, Jordans, I'm good, but I do it smart. Always try to stay one step AHEAD OF MYSELF.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

This

laugh.gif
hahahaha humblebrag.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by Drunken Cow

350K in Texas = Million dollar status.

Yea that's a lot of money in Texas.
Forget Texas. In Arizona that makes you the top 1% of the 1%
laugh.gif

But knowing my cheap %$+ habits, I could make 350k a year turn into an early reitirement, paid off house, and money for future generations while still living comfortably

Good private high schools in Boston (Catholic Memorial, Boston College High, Xaverian) cost like 12-15k a year.

Dude spent more on his dogs per year.

I feel like the middle class is changing in this country but I admit to living in a bubble.
I don't see how ksteezy is bragging. 

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

ksteezy wrote:

ps2child wrote:

three6mafia wrote:

This

laugh.gif
hahahaha humblebrag.

Steezy thirsty to let us know how much $ he makes a year
laugh.gif
Not surprised..

Originally Posted by iWhipMyHeadovv

there is no way im struggling with 350k a year. 

Roflcopter...
Son, have some kids, grab a mortgage, run a couple of businesses and then talk. You'll be 60 years old nowhere near retirement. 
laugh.gif

Dudes will be calling Suze Orman "Like halp, I'm in debt, my kids got accepted to private universities, my mortgage is insane and I'm just trying to keep up appearances".

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

Originally Posted by iWhipMyHeadovv

there is no way im struggling with 350k a year. 

Roflcopter...
Son, have some kids, grab a mortgage, run a couple of businesses and then talk. You'll be 60 years old nowhere near retirement. 
laugh.gif

Dudes will be calling Suze Orman "Like halp, I'm in debt, my kids got accepted to private universities, my mortgage is insane and I'm just trying to keep up appearances".

laugh.gif

U serious sneaker heathen?  You sound just like dude in the article.....

"If you're making $50,000 and your salary gets down to $40,000 and you have to cut, it's very severe to you," Dlugash said. "But it's no less severe to these other people with these big numbers."

This is the type of comment that makes people lose respect for you. I would never attach my name to this statement on a national news outlet.

Back
Top Bottom