***WOMEN'S HOOPS THREAD*** CONGRATS, 38-0 S. Carolina! CONGRATS, LV Aces!

Example of "her not doing enough."

Oh I'm well aware of the perceived value assumption "Silence = complicit approval", both in general and specifically with her. I didn't need proof of it. I know that people have that false value assumption in general and with her.

The issue highlighted in my previous post is "Damned if you do, damned if you don't," figuratively and literally. People collectively have a lot of complaining to do, and a large majority of those people hop online to do it.

For me, regarding fandom of an athlete, it's formulaic.
Are they a net positive off the court?
If yes, even if their net positive is not the way I would do it, I let them rock. No complaint; everything doesn't have to be my way.
If no, that still doesn't mean I'm not a fan. The reason they are not a net positive in my opinion, are they currently in control of that reason?
No? I let them rock.
Yes? They are not a net positive and they are currently in control of why not? Then I take issue with them.

Screenshot_20240928_133040_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: HIM
Ironically, as long time Sky supporter, I didn’t like the vibe in the building at the one game I attended this year. (They played the Liberty)

There is very much so a line between old fans and new ones. And they need to stop acting like it’s just Fever fans bringing a change. You would have thought that Angel was A’ja from the way people were acting.

Looks like 60 minutes is doing a story on the WNBA tomorrow

"Jon Wertheim reports on the WNBA's breakthrough season, with a rookie class that has made a seamless transition from college to the pros. Wertheim speaks to Rookie of the Year Caitlin Clark, who is the driving force behind this growth, but not the only one."

Looks like 60 minutes is doing a story on the WNBA tomorrow

"Jon Wertheim reports on the WNBA's breakthrough season, with a rookie class that has made a seamless transition from college to the pros. Wertheim speaks to Rookie of the Year Caitlin Clark, who is the driving force behind this growth, but not the only one."

Yea saw earlier

She doesn't have a power, though.
Dhe's really good at putting a ball in a circle and giving it to other people so they can put a ball in a circle.
Like... 'power'? 😂
I know, I know: "Platform."

It's all just an exercise in "No, not like that."

I wrote this whole big thing about it but then just subbed in the video about the first recorded game :lol:

Crazy we got Aces/Liberty tomorrow and we aren't even talking about it because this **** sucks all the air out of the room.

I realized I'd just rather talk about the actual games tomorrow.

Aces & Liberty should be good. The Ravens/Bills game isn't on til later so I'm definitely watching NY vs Vegas at 3:30 :nthat:

Back
Top Bottom