Wolf Grey Retro 3's.. Fake or real?

Hello all,

I'm a new member, but have been on and off the forums reading/doing research on the various threads. I recently purchased a pair of wolf grey 3's and for some reason I have a feeling they might be fake.. I looked around but couldn't find any threads on these  specific shoes, so before I go into more details, if someone knows of a thread for them, it would be helpful to point me in that direction, otherwise, I will upload some pictures and ask that other members help me out on deciding whether or not my shoes are real or fake. The help is much appreciated, thanks in advance!

Hello all,

I'm a new member, but have been on and off the forums reading/doing research on the various threads. I recently purchased a pair of wolf grey 3's and for some reason I have a feeling they might be fake.. I looked around but couldn't find any threads on these  specific shoes, so before I go into more details, if someone knows of a thread for them, it would be helpful to point me in that direction, otherwise, I will upload some pictures and ask that other members help me out on deciding whether or not my shoes are real or fake. The help is much appreciated, thanks in advance!
Where did you get them? Finishline still has almost every size available so I hope you didn't pay above retail 

Last edited:
I bought them from a reseller I've known for a while, and no, I didn't pay more than retail. I compared them to another pair of 3's that I already had, and noticed some slight differences, but the main thing that I noticed that didn't seem right was the fact that when I smelled the inside of the shoe (which I'm sure every sneakerhead does) haha, it smelled strongly of some sort of chemical or glue. I just wanted to make sure one way or another, that way if they do turn out to be fake, I won't waste my time doing business with him anymore.

are you serious?

most if not of all new jordans reek of glue and or some other chemicals.

right now the running joke is how strong are the fumes fresh from the factory.

Except the smell, what seems off? Post pics if you need to

I bought them from a reseller I've known for a while, and no, I didn't pay more than retail. I compared them to another pair of 3's that I already had, and noticed some slight differences, but the main thing that I noticed that didn't seem right was the fact that when I smelled the inside of the shoe (which I'm sure every sneakerhead does) haha, it smelled strongly of some sort of chemical or glue. I just wanted to make sure one way or another, that way if they do turn out to be fake, I won't waste my time doing business with him anymore.
U should have just went to the mall or online and got these yourself. No need to go through a middle man. Now U In here asking us about legitimacy of said shoes.

Last edited:
U should have just went to the mall or online and got these yourself. No need to go through a middle man. Now U In here asking us about legitimacy of said shoes.
The reason I didn't go that route is because I wear a size 15 shoe, and I don't know about the stores where you are from but that size is not very common, and it just made sense for me to search out alternate routes. All I'm doing is simply asking for help on something I'm not sure about, so if all you're gonna do is sit there and criticize how I go about getting my shoes, you might as well just leave this thread alone. 

As for the pictures, I was out of town this weekend and will post them later on today, so if someone could check them out when they get posted, I'd really appreciate it.

The reason I didn't go that route is because I wear a size 15 shoe, and I don't know about the stores where you are from but that size is not very common, and it just made sense for me to search out alternate routes. All I'm doing is simply asking for help on something I'm not sure about, so if all you're gonna do is sit there and criticize how I go about getting my shoes, you might as well just leave this thread alone. 

As for the pictures, I was out of town this weekend and will post them later on today, so if someone could check them out when they get posted, I'd really appreciate it.
You could have easily bought these from an authorized dealer they were online for weeks. And believe it or not people wear size 15s where I live too.

Last edited:
I understand that people do, in fact, wear a size 15, however, getting hands on size 15's from retail stores or nike is rather difficult. At least it has been for all the releases that I've wanted to get my hands on.. Bickering aside, I appreciate all the help everyone is giving me, and I will post pictures of the shoes later on today

Back
Top Bottom