With ALL these retros, and no good new sigs. vol. no future?

Originally Posted by Vuey

Originally Posted by mkc1983

Jordan Brand got to where they're at by releasing innovative/creative shoes that had people anticipating its release year after year. They had built their reputation on quality and design. JB's been on the top for a while now, but I don't think they'll hold onto its position for long. They no longer have people dying (not literally) to see what new ideas/designs are going to be release, rather they're having people anticipating which previous release are going to be re-released. We're still in the early years of the new decade, and I think soon people's taste will move away from Jordans and onto something different. Sort of like how you still saw some 1980s fashion in 1991 and '92, but by around '94 the '90s already had its own sense of style. Likewise in the early 2000's you still had people wearing FUBU -which became big in the 90s - and stuff like that, but by '03 - '04 nobody wore FUBU.

Sure, brands such as Armani, Chanel, etc. have been around for many decades, but there is no way I'd put Jordan in the same category as the luxury brands. I'm not saying Jordan will have a fall from grace like Tommy Hilfiger, but more like Converse in which it was once on top, but later was dethroned yet is always around (and yes, I am aware that Converse eventually got bought out).

Is Tommy hilfiger not popular in the states ? It's really expensive still in Australia .You made some good points in your post
smile.gif
I saw some interviews with tinker hatfield and their master plan is to keep the brand going forever...By re-retroing helps give history to the brand and loyalty for the younger generation . This helps drive intrest in the newer models coming through .For some reason I can't see any other shoe brand being topped by it's competitors nor internally (kobes,lebrons). The jordan's are just got the "x" factor about them .

I'm not from the US, I'm from Canada, but I'm fairly sure that Tommy isn't big in the States...it certainly isn't here in Canada. I think Tommy Hilfiger Inc. was sold a couple of years ago, or if it wasn't, there were serious discussions about it being sold. It's really hard to say which brand will "overthrow" Jordan, it's anyone's guess. It could perhaps be a company that hasn't even formed yet. Whatever the case, just because Jordan Brand won't be on top forever, it does not mean that we have to stop buying them, I'm sure that everyone here still have a certain Jordan shoe that reminds them of a great period in time. In fact, it could be better as it means you won't' have to line up for a special release.

Originally Posted by d e beatup

Originally Posted by BIG SIPPIN SPENDIN CHEESE

its been over since mike retired.

every year he wore the newest model to push it.

think about it,they didnt make retros while he played for the bulls.

because he was always pushing the new model

they only started retro-ing in 94 when he retired and started back up again in 99 when he re-retired

People overrate the effect of him wearing the shoe has on how we accept it.  The Kobe line didn't catch on fire because KB suddenly was "forgiven of his sins" by the public - it's cause the IV and V were great performance shoes that people liked to wear casually also.  The Kobe 3 is a performance beast and one of the ugliest shoes I've ever seen.  People didn't "Witness" history being made and decide to cop the Lebron VII- it was just a good looking shoe, whereas most of his line (word to ZLV) just wasn't something someone would see on the shelf and say 'oh, damn I gotta get these for the party tonight'.  Mike never wore the XX3; it was just a damn good looking signature shoe in almost every color that dropped.  If MJ had played in the XV that joint would still be garbage that I would never wear.  Sure there's people who buy in support of the legacy of the greatest basketball player ever and all that yadda yadda but it always, always boils down to (80% of customers) is it a hot shoe that looks good on my feet and/or (other 20%) how well does it perform, is it comfortable.

And it couldn't have helped that they have outpriced themselves on the sig for the last 7 or 8 yrs either.
So these are garbage and ugly????? 
eyes.gif
pimp.gif
Best XV ever released.

9d916c15906837f4c6ef697ed220284ff2bdb5f5_r.jpg

they only started retro-ing in 94 when he retired and started back up again in 99 when he re-retired

People overrate the effect of him wearing the shoe has on how we accept it.  The Kobe line didn't catch on fire because KB suddenly was "forgiven of his sins" by the public - it's cause the IV and V were great performance shoes that people liked to wear casually also.  The Kobe 3 is a performance beast and one of the ugliest shoes I've ever seen.  People didn't "Witness" history being made and decide to cop the Lebron VII- it was just a good looking shoe, whereas most of his line (word to ZLV) just wasn't something someone would see on the shelf and say 'oh, damn I gotta get these for the party tonight'.  Mike never wore the XX3; it was just a damn good looking signature shoe in almost every color that dropped.  If MJ had played in the XV that joint would still be garbage that I would never wear.  Sure there's people who buy in support of the legacy of the greatest basketball player ever and all that yadda yadda but it always, always boils down to (80% of customers) is it a hot shoe that looks good on my feet and/or (other 20%) how well does it perform, is it comfortable.

And it couldn't have helped that they have outpriced themselves on the sig for the last 7 or 8 yrs either.
eyes.gif
pimp.gif
Best XV ever released.

Originally Posted by IV THA MERCY

I like the Grey XV's... But that shirt... is FUGAZI

Thanks on the XV. But different stroke for different folks. Seeing as you are not a woman...your opinion....it matters not.
happy.gif

Originally Posted by IV THA MERCY

I like the Grey XV's... But that shirt... is FUGAZI

Thanks on the XV. But different stroke for different folks. Seeing as you are not a woman...your opinion....it matters not.
happy.gif

JB will be dead by 2013 since they cant release anything new that we like nor retros since by then everything will have been retroed or retroed too soon to be done again....think about it, they are doing LS 14s when they just did em in 05, like come on, you need to wait a little longer then that

JB will be dead by 2013 since they cant release anything new that we like nor retros since by then everything will have been retroed or retroed too soon to be done again....think about it, they are doing LS 14s when they just did em in 05, like come on, you need to wait a little longer then that

who knows man, i don't see ppl turnin there bacs on JB anytime soon though, there are those out there that love the fusions

who knows man, i don't see ppl turnin there bacs on JB anytime soon though, there are those out there that love the fusions

Originally Posted by MJ All Day45

eyes.gif
pimp.gif
Best XV ever released.

Man is this like the 4th time youve posted the SAME pic in like two days???
roll.gif

Calm down, and yes its still ugly.

eyes.gif
pimp.gif
Best XV ever released.

roll.gif

If it was anyone or any shoe that had a chance to "take over" as number one, Kobe had a chance but his off court "activities" has prevented that. As for Lebron, he just doesn't play with the same grace and class that MJ did on the court . And JB was smart enough to sign up Dwayne to be the face of the sig line .

If it was anyone or any shoe that had a chance to "take over" as number one, Kobe had a chance but his off court "activities" has prevented that. As for Lebron, he just doesn't play with the same grace and class that MJ did on the court . And JB was smart enough to sign up Dwayne to be the face of the sig line .

Originally Posted by upandcoming

eyes.gif
pimp.gif
Best XV ever released.

roll.gif

But you clock'n 
nerd.gif
and that was what did you wear so where do you count 4 times? Ok...thanks. And never had was upset just stated the Flint XV are highly slept on.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by upandcoming

eyes.gif
pimp.gif
Best XV ever released.

roll.gif

But you clock'n 
nerd.gif
and that was what did you wear so where do you count 4 times? Ok...thanks. And never had was upset just stated the Flint XV are highly slept on.
tired.gif

IMO I dont think you can compare JB (which is really NIKE brand at the end of the day) to brands like FUBU. Thats absurd. Jordans are more than a fad. I think brands like Nike/ JB are just ingraved in American and international fashion. Equivalent to brands like Polo and Converse All Stars. Its just not going anywhere. Plus as long as there is the game of basketball, there will always be the need for "performance basketball shoes". And what better siloette of a basketball shoe than Air Jordans. They aint goin nowhere. Nike is a machine. Just sayin

IMO I dont think you can compare JB (which is really NIKE brand at the end of the day) to brands like FUBU. Thats absurd. Jordans are more than a fad. I think brands like Nike/ JB are just ingraved in American and international fashion. Equivalent to brands like Polo and Converse All Stars. Its just not going anywhere. Plus as long as there is the game of basketball, there will always be the need for "performance basketball shoes". And what better siloette of a basketball shoe than Air Jordans. They aint goin nowhere. Nike is a machine. Just sayin

Back
Top Bottom