Wishing your Ex-GF Happy birthday?

This is def something I've been struggling with my ex....it's been 2 years already but this girl is the first to text me happy birthday....at like 12 midnight.

I don't see the big deal. She probably gets a million birthday wishes. Also don't do it over facebook, she won't even notice. Be nice enough to shoot her a birthday text or quick call. Most of us are adults here, there's no reason we can't act like it

My ex always does. I never return the favor when it's her birthday. Not to be mean, but i don't think i'm doing her any favors giving a false sense of hope.

Told me ex happy bday, my bday was exactly a week later and she didn't tell me happy bday
Never again

Told me ex happy bday, my bday was exactly a week later and she didn't tell me happy bday
Never again
At least you're the bigger person. Don't do it just so she can say it back my friend. Do it to show that you're mature and have grown as a person since then

Quick question. How do you go from loving someone in your life to just ending all contact with her (assuming you loved your ex of course)
And i don't mean some petty "love is blind" nonsense. Im talking about genuine love.
I can answer...

Its called keeping your emotions in check.

I love my ex with all my heart. I'd kill a ***** over her...

If that's my position as her dude...

If I'm not with her, I can't eem be mad...

And if I put myself in a position to be mad, I'll be a crazy man...

Detaching yourself from your love is a very skilled trait... you'll learn to do it after a few heart breaks.

A happy birthday text or call to your ex never hurts. I did this a few months ago to my last ex. We finally ended up talking after almost 3 years of no communication since our break up. Then 2 weeks after her birthday she came over and we just kicked it, reminiscing on the good and the bad of our relationship.

So yea I'll gladly tell her happy birthday. It shows that you have matured and grown as a better person.

Of course. Dnt burn bridges, so you can get some later.

^ this man knows :wink:

Last edited:
My ex's birthday was this week and I sent her a HBD text. She hates me though and I just knew she wouldn't respond, but I decided to send one anyway.

even though i havent spoken to my ex since december, ill shoot her a text on her birthday which is on Saturday. if she acknowledges it, cool. it not, keep it moving.

its just another day of the year. would you wish her a happy saturday? if not, that should answer your question.

hbd is such a platitude that it cannot be taken seriously without a hint of some ulterior motive....well in this scenario at least. I mean, you havent hung out out or seen each other in months or years. So if my ex did it (and she did) im thinking either 1) shes tryin to transfer back to the D train or 2) shes doing it to ease her own conscience (this is common for people who had a tough break up). And sometimes its both.

Now if im trying to retro some ex-yambs, i might take a shot in the dark like this, but it can be interpreted as a desperate move. But otherwise, what're you trying to prove? You really care if her birthday is a happy one?

Every situation is different. All depends on how/why things ended and your relationship/interaction with that person after you were together.

Some people you date/are in a relationship with turn into more of a friend/acquaintance than a lover......

hbd is such a platitude that it cannot be taken seriously without a hint of some ulterior motive....well in this scenario at least. I mean, you havent hung out out or seen each other in months or years. So if my ex did it (and she did) im thinking either 1) shes tryin to transfer back to the D train or 2) shes doing it to ease her own conscience (this is common for people who had a tough break up). And sometimes its both.

Now if im trying to retro some ex-yambs, i might take a shot in the dark like this, but it can be interpreted as a desperate move. But otherwise, what're you trying to prove? You really care if her birthday is a happy one?

real talk is real.

In mine and a lot of other people in this thread it's def a conflict of emotion:

- do you really want to stay in contact with this person?
- what is your true end game of doing this?....is it just to be nice and say thanks for sharing a piece of my life with me or is it because there's a fragment of emotion sill involved that you want her to chase you or hop on the D, or to sweat you and be able to tell her your doing good for yourself now.?
- would you regret not keeping in contact with this person because later on you'll reminisce and think about her and how she's doing?

...etc.

Quick question. How do you go from loving someone in your life to just ending all contact with her (assuming you loved your ex of course)
And i don't mean some petty "love is blind" nonsense. Im talking about genuine love.

Mental Strength and Self Discipline.

Not all have enough of it to be able to completely cut someone out. It's never easy, but it's the only way to go.

I was madly in love with my first real girlfriend.. but when the time came to end it, I ended it. No exceptions. She would constantly send me texts asking how the hell I do it, all her friends would tell me how crazy it was driving her that I was able to end all communication and keep it moving. Made me feel a lot better about it too :smokin

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom