Wire Fans...Bill Rawls is Gay???

thousandaire

Banned
laugh.gif
I was just watching my season three dvd and the part where BrotherMouzone and his boy Lamar is searching for Omar in the gay club comes up...I never noticed Bill Rawls chilling at the end of the scene. I went to youtube andfound the exact scene so i know i wasn't tripping. Did anybody else ever catch this?

Anyone heard about that new movie with Will Smith in it? Something about aliens taking over the world or something?

How did you miss it...They showed a close up of him. I was shocked when it never came back up.

Originally Posted by bmorekicks

How did you miss it...They showed a close up of him. I was shocked when it never came back up.

it serves its own purpose there was no reason for it to come back up. one of the themes of the show is how the world is not split up or segregated. Thestreet/drug world and the downtown/police world is all part of Baltimore. Just like the scene when Poot and Bodie see Herc and Carver at the movies and whenBodie and McNulty run into each other at the sandwich shop.

Originally Posted by OWL TROUTWIG

Yeah, everyone caught that

No, everyone did not catch that. I remember that episode and all, but I didn't remember Rawls at the gay bar. They could have made so much out of that.

Originally Posted by infamousod

it serves its own purpose there was no reason for it to come back up. one of the themes of the show is how the world is not split up or segregated. The street/drug world and the downtown/police world is all part of Baltimore. Just like the scene when Poot and Bodie see Herc and Carver at the movies and when Bodie and McNulty run into each other at the sandwich shop.

You still would have thought they would have went a little further into it, I mean thats the only reference we get of him being gay in the whole series.

Originally Posted by Integra Owner

Originally Posted by OWL TROUTWIG

Yeah, everyone caught that

No, everyone did not catch that. I remember that episode and all, but I didn't remember Rawls at the gay bar. They could have made so much out of that.
Yes, everyone did catch that. You just slow.

Originally Posted by Thousandaire

it serves its own purpose there was no reason for it to come back up. one of the themes of the show is how the world is not split up or segregated. The street/drug world and the downtown/police world is all part of Baltimore. Just like the scene when Poot and Bodie see Herc and Carver at the movies and when Bodie and McNulty run into each other at the sandwich shop.

You still would have thought they would have went a little further into it, I mean thats the only reference we get of him being gay in the whole series.
SPOILERS

actually in the last episode or last to last episode when they catch mcnulty faking everything, rawls says something along the lines of

"I'm into some kinky **** but ....." I always thought that was a little reference to the hay bar scene like "we aint forgot" haha

infamousod wrote:

bmorekicks wrote:

So? you don't have any other references to Herc and Carver going to the movies. The series was cut short enough as it is why would you add filler thatdoesn't advance the plot or contribute to the overall theme(s) of the show?

infamousod wrote:

So? you don't have any other references to Herc and Carver going to the movies. The series was cut short enough as it is why would you add filler that doesn't advance the plot or contribute to the overall theme(s) of the show?
laugh.gif
What the %$%@ does Herc and Carver (and Dozerman) going tothe movies have to do with Rawls being gay? Most dudes go to the movies in their lifetimes, most dudes go out to a sandwich shop in their lifetimes....buti'm sure that most dudes don't get their #+%## eaten out by another guy. So you telling me they couldn't have did anything with letting him beinggay take a bigger role in the storyline? If you using that logic, then why let it be known that Omar is gay, or even Snoop for that matter?

infamousod wrote:

So? you don't have any other references to Herc and Carver going to the movies. The series was cut short enough as it is why would you add filler that doesn't advance the plot or contribute to the overall theme(s) of the show?
laugh.gif
What the %$%@ does Herc and Carver (and Dozerman) going to the movies have to do with Rawls being gay? Most dudes go to the movies in their lifetimes, most dudes go out to a sandwich shop in their lifetimes....but i'm sure that most dudes don't get their #+%## eaten out by another guy. So you telling me they couldn't have did anything with letting him being gay take a bigger role in the storyline? If you using that logic, then why let it be known that Omar is gay, or even Snoop for that matter?

you're really into this gay thing
laugh.gif

Actually Omar being gay is part of his character because it shows how Baltimore is like his prison. He's forced to do certain things like people in prisonare (I actually picked that theme up from the commentary). Also shows the contrast with his morality. There is no real reason behind Snoop being lesbian asidefrom that she's basically playing herself. And there's only one reference to her sexual orientation on the show that I recall.

Kima was probably written as a lesbian because shes probably based on either one or more people that the creators worked with while they were police.

Yea the religious wire watchers caught that 1st go round.

In the last season. When daniels was movin into rawls old office a "gay friend" called the office phone.

Was like "Heeeyyy Bill"
Cedric was like "uhhh he moved offices."
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Yea the religious wire watchers caught that 1st go round.

In the last season. When daniels was movin into rawls old office a "gay friend" called the office phone.

Was like "Heeeyyy Bill"
Cedric was like "uhhh he moved offices."
laugh.gif

but when i was watching the season three episode for episode on HBO i did catch rawls in the gay bar the first time around, i was like oh snap hahaha, butthats just real life, u never know how somebody is until you see them outside of work.
roll.gif
this is what i came in here to post, lol.

i know yall atleast caught that... it was in season 5.

Originally Posted by sneakersruinedme

i always thought he was playin'... didn't he and mcnulty always played around about being gay?
Rawls would get ridiculed for being a homosexual cop that called any cop that made a mistake a c-sucker.

Back
Top Bottom