Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade $29.99 for students

All that's required is a .edu e-mail address just like the Office 2007 Ultimate Steal deal.

A few more details from FatWallet and the comments below -
  • This is a Digital Copy
  • To get the disks it is an extra $13
  • You can choose 32bit or 64bit
  • You can choose win 7 Professional (there's an area that says "Need to connect to your school's network? Click here")

http://windows7.digitalriver.com/sto...=1253208223778

courtesy of Hardocp's Hotdeals section

Originally Posted by gko2408

my 4-year old Dell probably can't handle windows 7 lol.

Its actually designed to run smoothly on older hardware unlike Vista.

Good looks Man....I'm on this.

what if you set it so the school will send you emails to an out of school site like AOL?
frown.gif

I wonder if my sound will come back on my Sony Vaio if I install Windows 7? I currently have Vista
smh.gif

Anyone know?

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

If I currently Vista 32-bit I can only get Win 7 32-bit right?
it depends on your processor not your current processor. you might be able to run 64 but you never have.

Originally Posted by bangtcg

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

If I currently Vista 32-bit I can only get Win 7 32-bit right?
it depends on your processor not your current processor. you might be able to run 64 but you never have.

I'm guessing that i would be better off being safe and getting the 32-bit.

I'm really happy for you and all op and I'll let you finish but HybridSoldier23 had one of the best windows 7 threads of all time.
smh.gif
at me for using that

so if i got vista now and am a student all i do is put in my email and buy then

then download it and it runs

will i lose all my software?

is this the offical windows 7 or a beta?

Nice. good lookin out. Home premium can't join a network domain though? Must be one those that you'd download after installing. pro it is.

Originally Posted by spsfinest212

Originally Posted by HOLLAKID619

snowleopard460.jpg
$29 for EVERYONE
laugh.gif
after spending more than $1500 for a good Mac that's the least they could do for you poor guy's
For the 10000th time, Macs don't make jack on their software, it's all about the hardware. That is why it is $29.

Originally Posted by JCH3

Originally Posted by spsfinest212

Originally Posted by HOLLAKID619

$29 for EVERYONE
laugh.gif
after spending more than $1500 for a good Mac that's the least they could do for you poor guy's
For the 10000th time, Macs don't make jack on their software, it's all about the hardware. That is why it is $29.
Microsoft doesn't make hardware.

do i have to buy both or can i just buy the disc? i was asking cuz i saw that they were both separate buys and i dont want to spend that much money.

Back
Top Bottom